Robert Kraft, let me a hand: no sex trafficking charges

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by Jazzy Altidore, Mar 22, 2019.

1. Jazzy Altidore

Jazzy Altidore Member+

Sep 2, 2009
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Interesting news in that there will be no sex trafficking charges against anyone; instead, one of the alleged "victims" of Robert Kraft's misadventure in AMP land is charged with running the joint, and both of the alleged "victims" had massage licenses, and were registered Florida residents.

Although the originally cops tried to make it out like they just busted an international ring of sex traffickers, it appears to just have been a couple of middle-aged Chinese immigrants trying to make an extra buck. Now they want to release the videos of the alleged sex-trafficked "victims" forced to perform sexual acts? Doesn't sound like the cops are treating them as victims now.

2. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    You're not good at this.

xtomx and Cascarino's Pizzeria repped this.
  3. Jazzy Altidore

Jazzy Altidore Member+

Sep 2, 2009
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i guess i should stick to tyler adams posting.

how are your massage skills?

4. roby

roby Member+

SIRLOIN SALOON FC, PITTSFIELD MA
    Feb 27, 2005
    So Cal
    By Nick O'Malley | nomalley@masslive.com

While Robert Kraft’s legal team may be doing everything in its power to prevent it, video of the New England Patriots owner’s infamous visit to a Jupiter, Florida day spa could still become public.

Martin County Sheriff William Snyder told CNBC Thursday that he believes that the videos of Kraft’s two visits “are probably going to get released.”

5. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    After the initial flurry of headlines about a sex-trafficking ring,, the stories have gone cold. I guess we'll find out at some point how much fire was below the smoke. Just guesswork now.

6. Jazzy Altidore

Jazzy Altidore Member+

Sep 2, 2009
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Do you think the cops would release sex videos of supposed sex slaves? The victims have been charged with crimes.

7. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Their faces will be blocked out. As will Kraft's putz.

8. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    No idea. I'm with you that there aren't any sex slaves until it's proven that they were sex slaves, but maybe that will indeed be proven.

9. Jazzy Altidore

Jazzy Altidore Member+

Sep 2, 2009
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's not the way prosecutions work. Prosecutors bring the highest charges they can with the evidence they have; they do not bring the small charges and then build up to the big ones. The women who Kraft engaged with have been charged with prostitution-related crimes, but nothing about sex trafficking.

10. Jazzy Altidore

Jazzy Altidore Member+

Sep 2, 2009
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Even so, unlikely the cops would release the videos if the acts were coerced through trafficking, in my opinion.

11. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Again, we'll see. I will say, the Florida operation was about stopping sex trafficking, not stopping handjobs. If the police want to bust consensual adults having sex for money they can find those people on Page 1 of their google search. So there had better be some sex-trafficking charges coming from this, or the operation was a waste of money.

12. chaski

chaski Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 20, 2000
    redacted
    Club:
    Lisburn Distillery FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Turks and Caicos Islands
    The medium is the massage.

13. yossarian

yossarian Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Big City Blinking
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cascarino's Pizzeria repped this.
  14. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sure they do. They do it all the time. Think about the Manafort prosecution...they started with his accomplices on smaller crimes and worked up to him and bigger crimes.

15. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Maybe I am missing something, but why would he be charged for trafficking? He wasn't in business with the spa owner, was he? (If the answer is "Yes," sorry, i guess I wasn't paying enough attention.)

xtomx repped this.
  16. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Tug jobs for Gilllette razors?

17. Jazzy Altidore

Jazzy Altidore Member+

Sep 2, 2009
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lol, comparing the bust of a jack shack to the Mueller investigation?

The owner of the spa was identified and charged already. It is unlikely there is a bigger fish. She also engaged in the sex acts, so she apparently was trafficking herself.

18. Jazzy Altidore

Jazzy Altidore Member+

Sep 2, 2009
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There will be no more charges. You heard it first here!

19. Matt in the Hat

Matt in the Hat Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 21, 2002
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can we please legalize prostitution in this country and put an end to this horrible black market?

Jazzy Altidore repped this.
  20. onefineesq

onefineesq Member+

Sep 16, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #20 onefineesq, Mar 22, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2019
    Again, I am puzzled. Once again, I see this undercurrent feeling of vindication if it turns out to not be a sex trafficking ring. Do we realize how many regular people each year get dinged for prostitution or solicitation. But now we should be giddy at the prospect that a rich person, once again, may get away with doing what some other poor schlep would face consequences for ... under the guise that his actions may have been illegal on a lesser scale than we thought? I have said this 1000 times as an attorney; it is amazing how people SAY they want equal justice for all under the law, and yet refuse to hold people of means to that standard when given the opportunity to weigh in.

21. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    At the end of the day, we will be told that the real victim was Kraft.

Smurfquake and Cascarino's Pizzeria repped this.
  22. onefineesq

onefineesq Member+

Sep 16, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That is my point. If I did this, no one would bat an eye at the fine i received. He does it, and people are treating this like he is a victim of a political hitjob. Seriously. As an attorney, it drives me crazy.

Cascarino's Pizzeria repped this.
  23. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    We have a hostage situation here!

lander.jpg

24. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nope.

When you move the goalposts, remember to lift with your legs, not your back.

sitruc repped this.
  25. Jazzy Altidore

Jazzy Altidore Member+

Sep 2, 2009
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Typically consequences for a first time John offender with no criminal history are quite meek. Probably a similar plea deal that Kraft received. Moreover, this business between consenting adults shouldn’t be a crime in the first place.