Rob Ukrop Interview

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by EnglishFan, Sep 4, 2002.

1. EnglishFan

EnglishFan New Member

Jul 5, 2001
    Richmond, VA
  2. ToMhIlL

ToMhIlL Member+

Feb 18, 1999
    Boxborough, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nice article. Some day when MLS is as big as um, well, half as big as the NHL, someone is going to write a book about the early years. Of course, people will look at it with that look of "yeah, right grampa, tell me again about how you could buy a car for a nickel when you were young..."

Anyway, a small nit, but where Rob says "When I was in New England in '96 in the Open Cup at the Meadowlands against the MetroStars there were 48,500 people, the place was going crazy..."

Actually that wasn't the Open Cup, it was the Revs second game ever, after the Tampa game where he scored 2 goals. Nicola Caricola scored an own goal for the Mutts with about 5 seconds left. The all-time greatest moment in Metros' history.

Tom

3. EnglishFan

EnglishFan New Member

Jul 5, 2001
    Richmond, VA
    Hmmmm, well that's a quote so I don't want to change what he said. However, I could take out the words 'in the Open Cup' in the interest of historical accuracy, I'm sure Rob won't mind.
    Thanks for the heads up.

4. MouseyTongue

MouseyTongue New Member

Feb 16, 2001
    a box in the Chairma
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    An interesting article, thanks.

What I found most interesting is that Rob calls himself "The Happy Dork." Gee, I'm not sure even the Fort could have come up with a more amusing nickname. You can check him out at www.happydork.com