Rob and Eric, you are ... idiots.

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by banbaseball, Jun 6, 2005.

1. banbaseball

banbaseball Member

Oct 10, 2000
    East of the Bay
    Let me preface this by saying that I have been a chicago diehard since 2000. My comments reflect in no way the excitement I felt about the Fires rockstar play today. In terms of the broadcast however, I am so tired of listening to Rob and Eric's totally biased comments. Rob, you are paid to call the f@#*CJin game, so do it. How many times can you both talk about Chivas' 3 defender system or how many times they've been scored on? How often do you have to talk about how the goalie is struggling? Do you remember Conrad's b*(# slap that he gave you about how many times you can talk about Jay heap's vertical leap? Either get some new material or call the game for godsake. And you Eric, we all know you hate Chivas AND Mexicans, so don't even both commenting. I know you're reading this, and I want you both to know that you're both so bad, you're making me wish Ty was back on ... and I have an annual celebration marking the day ESPN fired him from broadcasting soccer.

2. lammygeek

lammygeek New Member

Feb 4, 2003
    minneapolis mn
    I thought waldo did a decent job.

3. theburden

theburden Member

Jul 11, 2002
    MDSC head brewer
    Dear People from Seattle.

Go Home.

4. subbuteo

subbuteo New Member

Dec 17, 2002
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [tarzan]Easy, Simba. Easy.[/tarzan]

5. Unstoppable Fire 13

Unstoppable Fire 13 New Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Chicago
    Rob Stone's mentally challanged, but I don't really have nething againt Waldo.

6. Saeyddthe

Saeyddthe Member

Sep 5, 2003
    St. Looney ^the CB&J
    Let me contextualize for you...

Eric Wynalda is Tarzan.
    'banbaseball' is Jane.

;)

7. futbolfirefan

futbolfirefan Member

Feb 9, 2002
    Chicago
    I know the answer to your problem. Its so technologically advanced that even I am scared to use it. On your remote or tv unit, there is a thing called Mute. Push it! If you cant afford a mute button, turn down the sound manually. I hope this was a good solution and I cant wait for all the rep points!

Example:
    [​IMG]

8. Chicago1871

Chicago1871 Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Repeated for posterity.

9. dabes2

dabes2 Member

Jun 1, 2003
    Chicago
    Call me crazy, but I thought that came across as a Fire lovefest.

10. heybeerman

heybeerman Member

Aug 2, 2001
    Chicago Burbs
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Rob is a bit of a geek, but so what.. He's enthusiastic and MLS just fell behind Women's softball in popularity.

Waldo is a great guy.

Now take a hike.

11. lammygeek

lammygeek New Member

Feb 4, 2003
    minneapolis mn
    I think it's tough to call a game like that one evenly. I guess what I'm trying to say is that it's not favoritism to say that the Fire kicked the crap out of them ,'cause they really did. Granted, waldo carries a bit of Fire love with him, but what could you really say positively about Chivas?

12. Chicago1871

Chicago1871 Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Most ESPN2 games do. Waldo obviously has a special place in his heart for the Fire, and Stone picks one team a broadcast to gush over. In the end I'm a big Waldo fan, and Stone's enthusiasm makes up for his schoolboy crushes and lack of topics to talk about outside of play.

13. texgator

texgator New Member

Oct 28, 2003
    Plano
    Ummm...stalking is illegal...ummkay??

14. bing1985

bing1985 Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Near West ChiSuburbs
    Yeah - I felt that there was some homerism from Waldo. But it was for my team and it was a rout - so I just enjoyed it. And if you're really bothered by that, consider the way this broadcast might have sounded had it been on Telemundo or Univision. I'm sure CD Chivas US gets more than their share of love on spanish language tv and radio broadcasts.

Antoher option to the mute button - most bars will show that game but not the play the sound. ;)

15. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Try Christian Miles on the CD Chivas USA broadcasts. I have a high tolerance for inanity in broadcasting and am prone to use the mute button, but like to listen at what looks like key moments. Miles and his partner are beyond homers, insisting that Zuniga is a godsend. Wish they had done the game Saturday so I could see where they've gone from the first 5 goal outburst.

16. NotAbbott

NotAbbott Member

Oct 11, 1999
    My Own Little World
    All this hate and no comments on how we're getting a new shopping mall?

Later,
    COZ

17. upupnaway20

upupnaway20 New Member

Aug 19, 2004
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just be glad it wasn't Ray Hudson we had to listen to. He's the color comentator for the Earthquakes now and if you think Waldo's biased.....Hudson practically orgasms every time SJ touches the ball. The man is insane. It's funny, the play by play guy usually ends up having to cut off Hudson in the middle of one of his Earthquake "lovefests" just to get a word in edgewise.

18. aleaguer

aleaguer Member

Feb 17, 2000
    Wichita, KS USA
    If you like hearing a complete Gringo trying to sound hispanic, yeah.

19. Hard Karl

Hard Karl New Member

Sep 3, 2002
    WB05 Compound
    solution:

1 TV
    1 CD Player
    several CDs
    case of beer
    1 mute button

your announcer problems are over... the even more obvious solution is to goto every game.

20. kebzach

kebzach Member

Dec 30, 2000
    Greenfield, WI
    Actual quote from Christian Miles when Chivas lost to Dallas 5-2, and got scored on in 31 seconds:

"You know, if it wasn't for a few lucky bounces, this game might have gone Chivas' way."

21. In loving admiration of his idol, Harry "Juuuust a bit outside" Doyle.

22. kebzach

kebzach Member

Dec 30, 2000
    Greenfield, WI
    "Personally, I think we got hosed on that call"

23. Unstoppable Fire 13

Unstoppable Fire 13 New Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Chicago
    Yess!! I totally forgot about our mall. With all this stadium talk here in Bridgewater it totally slipped my mind that they built the Bridgewater Commons. God we are a lucky community. :rolleyes:

24. copaantl98

copaantl98 Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Rob is good. I just hate Max and Christian.

25. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Quoting one's self is so gauche, but...