Road Trip To SJ

Discussion in 'Salt Lake Supporters Clubs' started by SALTLAKEJAKE, Feb 28, 2011.

1. SALTLAKEJAKE

SALTLAKEJAKE Member

Jul 9, 2010
    Sugarhood
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just wanted to see if anyone was making the trip. I am heading out with at least one car full, but I am trying to get more to come. If you're going out for the game, is there anything going on? Tailgating? Pub Crawl? Let's get something together.

2. lurpythepirate

Sep 14, 2009
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Two friends and I just made reservations for our hotels (we're staying in Santa Cruz on Friday, then driving to SJ on Saturday morning/early afternoon). Last year we had a couple of people who were staying at the Candlewood Suites, right across the street from Buck Shaw Stadium, so we "tailgated" in one of their little pavilion things. Personally, I'm too poor to stay there, so we may wind up tailgating in the parking lot of the Days Inn up the street where my friends and I are staying. There will most certainly be drinking though.

Edit: Have you gotten your tickets for the game yet? I've emailed their FO but haven't heard back on where we should be.

3. SALTLAKEJAKE

SALTLAKEJAKE Member

Jul 9, 2010
    Sugarhood
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That was my other question. I know that last year they had a specific section that they wanted all the away supporters to sit in but I haven't heard of anything yet. We're staying in Reno friday night and then driving into SJ saturday morning. Staying in Milpitas saturday night. We definitely want to get together with whoever else is going down and make it as good as it was last year.

side note: Is LBR planning a trip? The took their big banner last year and that was awesome.

4. don gagliardi

don gagliardi Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    Feb 28, 2004
    san jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Feel free to come tailgate with Quakes fans: in the back parking lot behind the Quakes offices at 451 El Camino Real, which is more or less across the street from the stadium.

Give me a sense of your numbers, and I can make sure we have ample extra beer for you.

5. Stella FC

Stella FC Member

Aug 25, 2006
    Boone, NC
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you're in Milpitas and looking for some damn fine Mexican food, go to Casa Azteca...M-town and SJ are my old stomping grounds and I NEVER go back there without going to get food there. Wish I could make the trip this year, but going to the home opener a week later makes the x-country travel a bit rough 2 weeks in a row.

6. lurpythepirate

Sep 14, 2009
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bumpity bump bump. Got a group purchase link from AJ Perry in the San Jose FO. PM me for details.

7. georg

georg Member+

May 25, 2009
    Parowan, Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don I will most likely not make the match but your offer is totally cool "Thanks"

8. Speedybacon

Speedybacon Member

Feb 1, 2007
    Orem, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My parents and I will be there. I didn't know anything about a visitors section or anything so we got tickets in section 105. This is going to be their first RSL game so hopefully its a good one. I know its lame that I am going with my parents but hey, its a free ride and a room to stay.

9. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    some of the best advice my advisor has ever given:
    ride that gravy train as long as possible

10. bluepride

bluepride New Member

Nov 19, 2007
    Davis/ San Jose
    Hey feel free to come over to the Casbah's tailgate in parking lot 4 (right next to the Quakes office building). We have always been welcoming to visiting fans and we are planning a trip out to Salt Lake this summer so we look forward to meeting some of you. We will have a keg, hot dogs, and hamburgers. If you have any questions email donald@sjcasbah.com