Road to Brazil 2014: Argentina vs. Colombia - June 7 2013

Discussion in 'Colombian National Team' started by Clenbuterol, Mar 21, 2013.

1. Clenbuterol

Clenbuterol Red Card

Aug 25, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    I did not know where else to put this info so I thought I'd just start up this new thread. :D

Argentina has decided to play us in Rosario.
    http://espndeportes.espn.go.com/news/story?id=1753418&s=mundial&type=story

Interesting we play Argentina in a stadium they rarely play in because of Messi. I also think Falcao being familiar with el monumental may have to do with this decision but Argentina would never admit that. :p

Also of note... ...last time Argentina played in Rosario they lost to Brazil 3-1 (but that was another stadium).

2. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Haha they are afraid the River fans will cheer for Falcao. On a more serious note this is our biggest game yet. I am excited to see what happens. Fine we plays brazil but it was cold as shot in NJ that day and the Brazilians didn't feel like running

We beat Argentina in Argentina and I feel we will be a real contender come the World Cup

3. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    if we beat Argentina in June we are pretty much guaranteed a top seeding for the world cup.

4. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I want to stay out of the group of death and any group with Romania in kt

5. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Dicen que fue decision de messi....

6. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  7. Clenbuterol

Clenbuterol Red Card

Aug 25, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    Interesting.
    Wherever it is I hope we win. :D

8. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    que pekerman, le de una leccion a los desgradecidos que fueron con el.....

9. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

jajaja al elviejomen le va tocar la del ataud aplicar esta el martes

10. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    This game in Argentina will be the real test. We will face a team with heavy offensive fire power playing well with the best player in the world. Whether we win or lose I just want us to go into the game with no fear and have a good performance, if we do that the confidence and reinforcement of the project will be at another level.

11. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    We've faced Argentina before with Messi on board and their 'firepower'. They weren't at their best (likely due to coaching) BUT we also weren't at our best (also due to coaching). Most of these 'kids' on both sides of the NT have been facing each other since their sub17 tourneys so I don't think it will be a matter of fear. They know we are lethal upfront and have a well balanced midfield. We know they are lethal upfront. So I see it as a game of very high concentration where one single mistake will cost the game. We lost at home 1-2 but I recall that match being one where we all saw just how inexperienced Alvarez was on the sidelines. Third game in a row where we had lost a lead. Also we had a weaker midfield and didnt have Falcao distracting/exposing their defense. It was not a cohesive unit. Ultimately, the pressure is on them to win at home.

Either way, I'm focusing on the next 3 points first @ Vzla ;)

12. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I was thinking about it earlier. Its key we put Carlitos Sanchez in to babysit Messi in this game - he has been excellent man marking him in the past.

13. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    We need to get friendliest against Germany in Germany and Portugal in Portugal to be prepared for this game

14. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Germany, Portugal and Italy will be great friendlies for us to have between now and next June. I would not also mind a game against Japan or Ghana as well. play hard for 55 minutes with our key squad and then give minutes to players like Sanchez, Guarin, Zapata, Jackson, Bacca, Muriel, Jackson, JFQ and Aldo

15. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    I wouldnt mind Germany but Portugal and Italy don't have the same attacking style as Argentina. And Portugal hasnt been doing so great as of late. I'd rather replace those names with Belgium, France and England.

But then again, after a long season of club football and looking at Pekerman's past friendlies only Mexico has been of any 'weight'. All others were to help solidify his thought process and measure strength/weakness. So again, he focuses more on HIS team and building up their cohesiveness than worrying about the other squad. Something tells me that once Colombia officially clinches a WC berth that only then will Pekerman start to add some solid friendlies. I'm ok with that.

16. krass

krass Member+

Aug 18, 2008
    ya Pekerman dijo que pa Junio no hara amistosos... eso lo confirmo Bedoya en entrevista radial hace unas dos semanas....

17. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Dammit!! Better have a training camp or something. Does Pekerman live in Colombia or does he still live in Argentina? I know the results have been positive but how many friendliest have we skipped in the past year?

18. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    sorry - i miscommunicated. these are just friendlies i would like to see in general. not necessaryily for prepping for the ARG game. but you do bring up a great point about Pekerman's style of selecting friendlies

19. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    he lives in Colombia - at least that's what my uncle told me.

20. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Only one we skipped.....

Pekerman lives in colombia, like his assistants a, he spent a lot of time In his office planning the matchs and watching videos , according to people .... I posted and article, about Nestor Lorenzo life style in bogota, but I remember that you never read others

I understand that you , wants to fire him because he doesn't copy your FIFA 13 line up ....grow up or calls Lara or bolillo, to lose again only because you want to see your FIFA 13 stars

21. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Pep I know this is the Internet but why do you always have to try and start personal arguments with people?

You make it sound like I am the only Colombian in the world that wants Zapata to start over Perea and Yepes......

As for my FIFA 2013 line up. My DMs are Zuniga and Guarin which would never work in real life :)

22. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    did you talk over perea/zapata.....?

stop fake info and lies, if you dont want that people, argue you....verify info, before you say stupid things thats alla

23. Clenbuterol

Clenbuterol Red Card

Aug 25, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    It is going to be a long wait until June.

24. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    or august...and september...

25. Clenbuterol

Clenbuterol Red Card

Aug 25, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    If we get 4-6 points and not finish june on a sour note it wont be a long wait for August or September for me. :p