RM Castilla...La Tercera Edición.[R]

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by macaluca, Sep 25, 2008.

1. RM or None

RM or None Member

Sep 2, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #2226 RM or None, Aug 19, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2017
    as much as I liked Solari as a player but I don't think he is the right guy for this job.
    Result wise Our Castilla and Barcelona B are a galaxy apart

2. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Results wise, we've got 8 Castilla players in our first team, thats the only thing that matters.

-Reivax- and S1na repped this.
  3. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    To be more precise, we have la fabrica products that actually define big moments in big matches. They have deulofeu.

4. russian hattie

russian hattie Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    It's not an easy job, as developing the players is obviously more important than the results themselves, but with poor results you will be under pressure.

Guti will be in soon enough anyway. And I'm sure Raul will play a part somewhere down the line.

5. RM or None

RM or None Member

Sep 2, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #2230 RM or None, Aug 20, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2017

What kind of non sense is that ? Just because you give a few players to the A team then you're allowed to go to the 4th division ? Did you even think twice before posting that ? and yes I highlighted the Results wise, because I am talking the result only which is as important as the development . if you lower than the Sugunda B then I will assure that you won't produce any thing and btw why not going back to Segunda and then produce talents ?

6. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    We've been having this discussion many times. I would prefer to have Castilla in Segunda. But their main object is to produce players for the first team. And they have been doing that despite being in Segunda B. You can't really argue with the results.

7. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Is this accurate ?, just checking, who came directly from that team to the first team and was successful , I'm trying to think but no one comes to mind

8. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    Nacho, Achraf. Top of my head.

9. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Ok, I thought we were in Segunda when Nacho came up, and I will wait on Achraf, hope he turns out well, it's a big step up

10. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Does it matter if they come "directly" to the first team? Even if Castilla was in segunda the loan spell would still be more effective in developing talents.

9Qui and jgun07 repped this.
  11. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    No it does not, and agreed, I just think Castilla is much less effective at producing talent for the first team because of the level they now play at, that's all, not looking to belabor any point though, that may be proved wrong if Achraf is successful this season.

Zidane05 repped this.
  12. RM or None

RM or None Member

Sep 2, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    You produce when you compete and play against quality teams and players. You produce when you play against Granada, valladolid, Osasuna, Zaragoza and Cordoba not some 4th division farm teams.
    Talent has its own part but then it requires many other things and being competitive got its own share . I still think Solari not a right guy for the job, if he turn things around tomorrow then thats another story .

13. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    The end product disagrees with you.

14. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Castilla has a pretty high turnover every year, the good players move up to La Liga teams or the first team, and young ones from the U19s move up. Every single season we start slow with unexperienced youngsters slowly adjusting to the new level. You can hold on to the older players with experience at that level but then you are slowly their development by playing themthem at too low a level or they are not good enough and taking a spot a promising youngster could be using. Of course would be great if we can move up to segunda, but if that's the price to pay to develop our players I don't give a shit about how Castillas results are.

15. RM or None

RM or None Member

Sep 2, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #2240 RM or None, Aug 20, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2017
    Which farm team doesn't ? Asensio is from Mallorca, Theo from Atelti , ceballos from Betis , Isco from Malaga ? So what's your point ? These teams are meant to incubate the talents and then send them all out but you realize we have an acceptable budget + a better organization . Castilla like all other teams got their own sports director as well as scouting staff, anyways You are a fan of Madrid so am I but this should not be a reason of defending when both teams and coaching staff are under-performing ..and we are currently are

16. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    So is Abner loaned out or sold off to Portugal?

17. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Saw season long loan.

18. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    Are we? Judging from what? That Castilla might not be able to beat Barcelona B in a match? You need to define your purpose of your youth setup. Winning or playing in the highest possible league isn't a goal.

S1na repped this.
  19. RM or None

RM or None Member

Sep 2, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    All I'm saying is that you can't just be happy with sending a few player here and there but be ok to play in the 4th division at the same time. if you even played the game and being involved with it which I am sure you did or are then you wouldn't think it this way.

Talents need motivation and that comes when you lock horn with big guns not playing against a non brand team in a half ass stadium in the slum of southern Andalucia .

20. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    Castilla will never lock horns with big guns regardless, but you failed to address the point.

21. RM or None

RM or None Member

Sep 2, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Your point is addressed between the lines. But anyways let'e move on , probably you know something that I don't but my take from this discussion was that a team can sink to the lowest point as long as produce talents . Got it :thumbsup:

22. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    I'm on record in this thread saying that I thought Castilla should be in Segunda. I said so because I thought it would ease the transition to the first team, which should be the goal IMO. It seems however that the youngsters are finding their way anyhow, so it's working.

23. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Agreed, but I wouldn't do anything differently to ensure the team is competitive instead of fulfilling it's main objective of developing youngsters. Also, pretty sure Castilla is in the 3rd division, not 4th.

24. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Castilla and youth teams squads are changing every year. You cant win matches consistently and qualify if u dont have stabilty and familiarity in the team.

25. RM or None

RM or None Member

Sep 2, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid