RM Castilla...La Tercera Edición.[R]

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by macaluca, Sep 25, 2008.

1. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    Yeah, in hindsight now that they're not here anymore it seems that way. And let's see what move Morata eventually makes. I wouldn't surprised if he doesn't fancy being the only one left back.

You have got to admit though that removing your best players and replacing them from within with even younger and more untested players doesn't exactly make promotion more likely.

2. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Do you mean that Sarabia and Juan Carlos are not good enough to have a future here? Maybe i misunderstood.

3. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nope, they are two of my favorite canteranos. What I meant was Mourinho hasnt shown the same interest in them as he has with Morata, Alex, and Mateos.

4. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Oh..... Gotcha.

Not to go all demo up in here but seeing all these canteranos leave is a little unsettling and definitely sad.

5. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    It's both sad and unsettling. Letting your best players go doesn't exactly show the ambition to get Castilla in segunda which I believe the club and the canteranos need. If Castilla were in segunda it would be easier to keep youngsters at the club for longer, it would make the jump to a primera team easier and I think that would increase the chances of incorporating them in the first team. I don't want to go all demo either but this doesn't show that ambition.

6. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    I've been kinda disillusioned by this exodus of young players from our farm system. Maybe its part of some grand scheme that will become apparent over some years but it does seem like we are sending a clear message to present and future canteranos that the door to the first team is pretty much shut. Sad.

Qui, i am not a big believer that Castilla's main aim should be promotion to the highest level they can get (segunda). Their main aim should be to produce youngsters that have the quality to play in the first team whether they do that in Segunda or Tercera or whatever level.

The last great canterano age (the team of Mata, Soldado etc), didn't start in Segunda or were a product of Castilla being in Segunda for some years. They brought Castilla to Segunda and them being in that league didn't really make much of a difference to the next wave of Canteranos from the Juvenil and C side.

7. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    I agree with you on Castilla's main aim. I never claimed it to be to get to segunda and stay there.
    But in order to produce players for the first team I think the canteranos need to be tested against better opposition and not have to fly away from the nest as teenagers to take a step up from one of the four third division. I think we should be able to offer them some more.

8. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Granero once said that event though canteranos these days are finding it hard to get to the first team, he says they had it worse because they had to stay longer in Castilla (back when they played in the 2nd division) which he felt hindered his progress.

I have no problem with canteranos leaving the club to play in first division teams (Castilla is the least of my worries), but the problem for me is them not making that step up to the first team. If anything, I prefer them leaving Castilla to play in the first division than them staying and playing in the 2nd or 3rd division, even if its in our system and amongst our players.

9. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    Madridforever once singled Granero out as the canterano he was the most excited about. Maybe Granero was a special case.

Mata and Soldado are bad examples, because they actually made a name of themselves in segunda before taking the next step. Arbeloa, de la Red, Diego López, Jurado, Javi García, Borja Valero, Negredo, Felipe and even Parejo a little all played in Segunda.

After Castilla went back down to Segunda B noticeable players like the Callejón twins, Bueno, Gary, Rodrigo, Marcos Alonso and I suppose you could name Opare and Alipio as well due to hype have left Castilla.

Right now it doesn't seem that the last group will go on to accomplish the things the players in the first group have/will. Perhaps they were better players. Or perhaps they benefitted from being with Castilla in Segunda.

10. Halycon

Halycon Member+

Aug 24, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    No worries about Castilla..Juan Carlos and Sarabia are leaving, but Pablo will come back even better. Jese is promoted to Castilla who will take the spot of Carlos and Jese is even better then him. Sobrino is promoted as well and I guess he will take the spot of Sarabia, though he is a striker. We will see what Toril will do, but there there is no reason to worry. Jesus or Mejias will get the 3rd spot. I think it will be Jesus, because he is older, but Mejias is the new Iker. He was already number 1, till he got injured. We got the best Fabrica in Spain and Toril is a genius.

11. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Jese and Morata are the 2 players i am most looking forward to watching next season.

Sarabia was my big hope last season. I hope he improves himself and comes back.

12. raven3k

raven3k Member+

May 31, 2007
    Madrista land
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He had a pretty good cameo against Auxerre in the CL. I wish Sarabia the best of luck and he really adjusts nicely to primera football.

13. Halycon

Halycon Member+

Aug 24, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    As Mourinho said, when Madrid loans out their players or sells them with a buy back option, they still remain Madridista. We can get them back anytime we want, there is no problem. Sarabia will get back for sure.

14. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There is absolutely nothing "for sure" about any of these youth players coming back. Surely we've realized that by now.

15. AriGold

AriGold Member+

Jul 13, 2007
    Göteborg, Sweden
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    If they're good enough they will return and if Sarabia turns out to be as good as people hope then he will he will return. If he doesn't turn out to be good enough then there's really no problem.

16. Halycon

Halycon Member+

Aug 24, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Sarabia is a great talent and great talents are welcome at Real Madrid. This guy is a genius and a perfect link between the midfield players and attackers. If he lives up to his potential, he def will come back.

17. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A genius? Come one man, sure he was good in the 2nd division, but there is a huge gap between that and playing for the first team. Only time will tell and there are NO certainties.

18. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have no problem with that, but saying he will return FOR SURE is just plain wrong, just check recent history. We also know that our youth products are overhyped because we want so badly for them to come through and become the next Raul or Guti. Fact is, it rarely happens. Sarabia is pretty hyped, guess we'll see if he has what it takes.

Most of us thought Parejo would find his way back, but no dice.

19. Halycon

Halycon Member+

Aug 24, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Sarabia has much much more talent then our good friend Parejo. Mourinho was saying that Madrid can get them back anytime he wants. He was saying this to calm down the canterano fans, who all think Madrid made a big mistake selling him, but this way Mou made clear that he ll come back anytime we want.

Sarabia is with Isco, Jese, Thiago and Morata the biggest talents of Spain. Of course we dont know for sure if he ll come back, but he will def become a great player in the Primera and if he does, they will get him back as they did with Granero, De La Red and Callejon. Karanka is a huge fan of Sarabia and I think he has something to say in this as well. Especially when Mou gets the fck out and Michel or Karanka steps in.

yehh sorry for my english. I am in Malaga right now and the keyboard is fcked up and all the buttons are on a different place.

20. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    We are familiar with how the buyback works.

To use your terminology the problem has been that we have been huge fans of players but never wanted to buy them back.

21. El-CapitanoR7

El-CapitanoR7 Member

Oct 30, 2008
    La la land
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    In my opinion.. we need to stop buying players. Yes, you heard that right. Stop buying players for 2-3 years and start promoting our younger players. It's very difficult for me to accept a signing like Coentrao when we have Marcelo. I hope this stops happening. We need to show faith in our youth teamers.. if not as starters then as reserves. They've showed time and time again that they are capable of starting in La Liga.. surely being a reserve shouldn't be that difficult.

22. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    We have the problem that we need to beat Barca this season. Our youngsters won't help us doing that.
    Except for that I agree with you. There are canteranos out there that are good enough for a role in the 25 man's squad. Obviously, sometimes it doesn't work out, but it's clear that it's not the way we want to go. Demo usually beats the drum that canteranos would add some identity to the club and some heart on the pitch and I agree with that too and also that it would take us further than these players isolated are able to contribute to. The sum is greater than the parts.

23. MadridOzil

MadridOzil Member+

Jun 6, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Morata has just scored to make it 1-0 against Belgium (U19)

24. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  25. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Right, lets get the disinfectant and the soap so that we can clean this guy up before he enters into our hallowed club. We don't want any of that cule stink left on him. :D