Ex-River Platenses (Former Players)

Discussion in 'River Plate' started by locoxriver, May 29, 2012.

1. ElMuneco

ElMuneco Member

Jun 27, 2004
    Encinitas, CA
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Another in the long list of bad decisions by Pasarella. I think his worse was buying Brutalnelli.

2. Steazy McCloud

Feb 13, 2012
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    well another bad decision was playing him at 10 when he was with us, hes an idol in Russia too. The guy can play and would be very useful on this team.

3. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Nice interview with Carlos Sanchez, who has the intention of returning to River in June when his loan with Puebla runs out. Apparently he's doing really well there too… I saw the other day he actually scored a penalty. Not a player I'd think would take penalties. Sanchez was pretty dire during his last six months at the club, he made a huge difference in the B Nacional and the first semester back in primera. He also went through some tough personal losses, so I wish him the best. He definitely cares about the club.

http://www.riverplate.com/Noticias/...a-voy-a-disfrutar-de-river-con-cavenaghi.html

My favorite quote:

"No me pierdo ni un partido. Era mas un 60 para River y un 40 para Godoy Cruz, por las cosas que viví. La verdad que siempre trato de mirar los partidos. El otro día con mi nene miraba las campaña de la B Nacional y se me cayó una lágrima," finalizó.

4. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    locoxriver repped this.
  5. balazsriver10

balazsriver10 Member

May 23, 2013
    Debrecen
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Hungary
    I've just seen old River goals... Belluschi:thumbsup: 0:41

6. balazsriver10

balazsriver10 Member

May 23, 2013
    Debrecen
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Hungary
  7. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Keko already scoring golazos in Mexico

To top it off gave Veracruz the 3 points with that shot..

Ron Mexico and RiverGaucho repped this.
  8. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I said it before and i'll it again now... Don't be surprised to see Keko playing for Mexico in Russia 2018

9. Ron Mexico

Ron Mexico Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I doubt it. LOL

10. Steazy McCloud

Feb 13, 2012
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I'm down with Keko, but he makes River fans delusional. Nice goal though.

11. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Como lamento q Iturbo solo haya durado 6 meses en River. Crack

12. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    RiverGaucho repped this.
  13. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Balanta played the full 90 minutes for Colombia in their 3-0 win, but it wasn't a test against El Salvador though its good he's getting some match time from Pekerman. We'll need him with Ramiro suspended

Ex River Carbonero also started for Colombia but I have no idea how he played or how he's doing with his new club Cessenna hopefully I can catch a Cesenna game at some point this season. Carbonero is definitely an interesting player and i wish him all the best

Also Juani Cazares started for Ecuador against USA and according to what I read on ESPN he did pretty well. Definitely miss that kid considering Piscu's lack of fitness and Tomy being so green

Ron Mexico and locoxriver repped this.
  14. Ron Mexico

Ron Mexico Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Balanta looked good and he is match fit already. Hopefully he will be ready to start for us next week against Belgrano.

locoxriver repped this.
  15. Ron Mexico

Ron Mexico Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    What is the deal with that kid? Do we own him? Did we sell him? Is he third-party owned? I would love to have him for the Copa Libertadores campaign.

16. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    On loan with Banfield til December 2015, with a $1.5 million transfer clause for 50% his transfer.

http://www.ole.com.ar/banfield/pases-Banfield_0_1187281557.html

The confusion is regarding who owns him and is loaning him out to Almeyda's team. On paper he is being loaned by Independiente del Valle (Ecuador), the team that he arrived to River from. The thing is, we supposedly "gave" them back the transfer rights in 2013 since we needed to free up a foreigner slot for Teo and Carbonero, and loaning him out would have still made him occupy a spot even if he's not on the team.

Of course River knew of his value and potential, so one assumes that it was an agreement between River and the Ecuadorians to have him still belong to River but not on paper. However, they're not going to say that in public, so it makes the whole situation confusing.

Perhaps he ends up returning to River, maybe we get some money for him... who knows. The only thing known for now is that he'll play in Banfield for at least the next 14 months.

17. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Fantastic olympic goal (from the corner) from Lanzini:

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Not long ago he had almost scored another golazo from a rabona, but the post denied him:

18. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Lanzini scored on debut with West Ham in the EL.

Ron Mexico and RiverGaucho repped this.
  19. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Lanzini es crack

20. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

One goal and one assist and a MOTM performance. All over the pitch, defensively worked very hard. Did over complicate at times but always dangerous.

21. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Pero por dios, que CRACK!!

Cavenaghi made his debut today in his return to Europe, entering the field with only 15 minutes left in the game and ended up scoring TWO goals, including one with his trademark backheel:

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

QUE GOLEADOR TREMENDO! Even this season at River he scored 11 goals in 18 league games, despite coming off the bench in many of them, and is still our top scorer in the 2015 league. This guy's goal per minute ratio is superb... sos un grande, Torito!

Ron Mexico repped this.
  22. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Ocampos and Lamela finishing with class for their respective teams in the Europa League this week:

River DNA :thumbsup:

Ron Mexico and balazsriver10 repped this.
  23. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Gonzalo Higuain keeps shutting up the bosteros and the fracasado Tata martino with a brilliant game against Juventus with a assist and goal. He was pressuring and running all over the place- he robbed bonnucci and chielini various times each. The starting CB duo who made it to the Champions League Semi-final by eliminating no one less than Real Madrid with Cristiano, Bale, and Benzema... Yet Higuain is a muerto according to some... :rolleyes::rolleyes:

This is a player I have loved since he popped on the seen in Sao Paulo against Corinthians and will keep supporting no matter what. Some idiots forget he scored the goal that took argentina to the semifinals of the world cup for the first time in 24 years, and has 1 in 2 ratio for the national team, and has scored huge goals for argentina, river, real madrid, and napoli. 2 misses won't change anything. At least he has gotten into scoring position, something Kun "selfie" Aguergo can't say.

Hopefully, Higuain can keep scoring and doing well with Napoli and take them back to the CL and the dopers, cheaters from Juve will be out of even the europa league.

In other news, Erik Lamela scored again for Tottenham vs. Man City, rounding the keeper again... CRACK- after two, lets be honest, disastrous years he seems to be doing so well in the English game

Ron Mexico repped this.
  24. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Ron Mexico repped this.
  25. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Lanzini is absolutely tearing it up for West Ham this season. Never thought he'd adapt to the EPL this well, at least not this quickly (look how long it took Lamela, for example)

Bien, Manu..

Ron Mexico repped this.