Riverhounds have 2 Game TV deal plus a Radio Deal 1st Time ever!

Discussion in 'United Soccer Leagues' started by Stephen1164, Apr 11, 2005.

1. Stephen1164

Stephen1164 New Member

Jul 7, 2003
    USA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Riverhounds Reach Agreement with Two Broadcast Partners
    04/11/2005

WASHINGTON, Pa.—The Riverhounds Football Club (FC) has a new home for 2005 season—Falconi Field, home of Wild Things—and now they have a new radio and TV network.

Riverhounds FC, LLC have reached broadcast agreements with Clear Channel for radio rights and FSN Pittsburgh on a two-game TV package. It is the first time in the team’s history a local television station will broadcast a live Riverhounds game.

Clear Channel’s Fox 970 will broadcast all 10 Riverhounds’ home games, beginning with the regular-season home-opener May 1 against the Western Mass Pioneers. FSN Pittsburgh has agreed to televise two Riverhounds game—May 14 versus Northern Virginia (7:05 p.m.) and the June 22 game against USL Second Division-rival Harrisburg (7:05 p.m.).

Chris Shuvlin will serve as the announcer for the broadcast with guest commentary for soccer great Paul Child.

In addition to the TV rights, FSN Pittsburgh also will sponsor several promotions throughout the season and will be a featured sponsor on Riverhounds game jerseys.

“This is a terrific opportunity for our new team in its inaugural season in Washington,” said John Swiatek, managing partner of the Riverhounds FC. “This exposure is invaluable to our growth in this region, and we appreciate the support of both Clear Channel and FSN Pittsburgh. We believe our media partners for the Wild Things have been an integral part of our team’s success. We are excited about bringing the same high-quality media exposure to the Riverhounds.”

““For area soccer fans this gives an exciting team their day in the sun,“ said Steve Tello, VP/General Manager FSN Pittsburgh. “We look forward to being a production partner with the Riverhounds this season.”

“Pittsburgh’s Fox Sports Radio 970 AM is excited about partnering with the Riverhounds FC this year to provide our listeners, and their fans, with LIVE game coverage throughout the summer,” said Bob McLaughlin, program director for Fox Sports Radio 970. “We look forward to providing fans the opportunity to enjoy the games whether they’re right there at Falconi Field, or only wish they could be.”

2. Saltenya94

Saltenya94 Member

Jul 29, 2003
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    DC United
    Congrats Riverhounds keep up the good work.

Also if you follow MLS make sure to join the DCU Pittsburgh supporters @ Piper's Pub for PUMAS UNAM v DCU 9:30 PM on FSC (WED APR 13)

I've seen various Pittsburghers on the DCU forum from time to time. Come join us at Piper's Pub on South Side - Carson Street. Oh yeah the beer's not too bad either :p

3. El Steve

El Steve Member

Sep 7, 2004
    Pittsburgh
    Club:
    Pittsburgh Riverhounds
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was reading about the TV deal the other day, good stuff... now I don't have an excuse to not see at least two Hounds matches this year :D

4. Stephen1164

Stephen1164 New Member

Jul 7, 2003
    USA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Gee no "Crew" club at Pipers? Good Luck to DC tomorrow night

5. MasterShake29

MasterShake29 Member+

Oct 28, 2001
    Jersey City, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I realize this is USL and not MLS, but these should go on the Direct Kick package.Anyone know if the radio station streams to the internet?

6. Stephen1164

Stephen1164 New Member

Jul 7, 2003
    USA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Try the links on www.usl.com and you can also try the teams web pages.

7. houndguy

houndguy New Member

Sep 5, 2001
    Pittsburgh, Pa
    The Hounds had a radio deal a few years ago. Chris Shovlin was the announcer then as well.

It is good news however and I'm glad the new owners seem to be willing to invest the time and money into the team. They also own a baseball team and the radio deal may have been part of a package. Either way, it's still all good.

8. El Steve

El Steve Member

Sep 7, 2004
    Pittsburgh
    Club:
    Pittsburgh Riverhounds
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah... if the Hounds show good again this year, it could help things alot... especially with a small, but developing, TV/radio deal... the store opening... new stadium (that isn't at a HS, thank God).

There's a few reasons to be optimistic here.

9. ButlerBob

ButlerBob Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 13, 2001
    Evanston, IL
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Does anyone know if this radio station is available over the net?

10. Stephen1164

Stephen1164 New Member

Jul 7, 2003
    USA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

How soon could the team out grow Falconi Field which seats under 4,000? Then again I guess we need to see a few games and how many people turn up.

11. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
  12. NORML

NORML Member+

Aug 9, 2002
    Lake Wobegon, MN
    Club:
    NSC Minnesota Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I believe this is the website. There is a "listen live" button but I'm not at a computer right now where I could find out.

Would be nice if it the broadcasts are on the net for the fans of the other clubs in the 2nd.

13. Saltenya94

Saltenya94 Member

Jul 29, 2003
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    DC United