Riverhounds file Chapter 11

Discussion in 'Pittsburgh Riverhounds' started by Vesty, Mar 27, 2014.

1. Vesty

Vesty Member

May 8, 2007
    Pittsburgh
    Club:
    Pittsburgh Riverhounds
    I looked up some of their bankruptcy documents. They've filed to extend the deadline for their reorganization plan to October 22nd. If I'm understanding the documents right it was granted so we probably won't hear much about anything until then.

They've also filed expense reports for April and May that I flipped through a little. Seems like they're still losing a big chunk of change every month, though it's a little over my head to say if that's par for the course or especially bad. June should be filed soonish.

OverseasView repped this.
  2. Pittsburgh Contrarian

Jul 25, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I want them to fold, and move to either St Louis or Louisville. Then the stadium can go back to being a concert venue.

3. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why? That's worst case scenario all over it.

4. Vesty

Vesty Member

May 8, 2007
    Pittsburgh
    Club:
    Pittsburgh Riverhounds
    Well considering both of those cities already have teams now.....

Highmark Stadium was supposed to have concerts this year. The team told us they bought all the crap you put over the field to protect it in the off season. I have no idea why they haven't. Maybe the bankruptcy got in the way. They've done a pretty bad job in general of getting events other than soccer into that stadium, especially when they need the extra revenue.

Even if they start doing concerts again it'll be tough to get any big acts at Highmark Stadium with Stage AE on the North Shore. I've heard the promoters who own it have been very aggressive to make sure acts go there and only there.

ThePonchat repped this.
  5. Pittsburgh Contrarian

Jul 25, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Maybe I'm just a bit disillusioned with tge bankruptcy talk.

6. ThePonchat

ThePonchat Member+

#ProRelForUSA
    United States
    Jan 10, 2013
    I've Been Everywhere Man
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And why would you say move to Louisville or St. Louis? There are already teams there...and have know of them for months.

7. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why be disillusioned now? They are starting to be at least average. Maybe a proper coach in the off-season and some new players solves things this winter.

8. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sockpuppet's only two posts. Someone was bored.

9. Vesty

Vesty Member

May 8, 2007
    Pittsburgh
    Club:
    Pittsburgh Riverhounds
    http://dkonpittsburghsports.com/2014/08/01/friday-insider-deadline-dead-weight-orpik-boyd/

Dejan is well connected in Pittsburgh sports. I've heard of a possible rebrand for a while now ever since they moved to Highmark Stadium, though these rumblings indicate it'll go deeper than that. I suppose major changes shouldn't be too surprising with the bankruptcy and all.

10. Chesco United

Chesco United Member+

DC United
    Jun 24, 2001
    Chester County, PA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I might actually attend a match and go to the original Primanti Brothers location in Pittsburgh.

11. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Fold the team and start over from scratch entirely. Too much stink coming from Station Square in every way.

Pittsburgh Contrarian repped this.
  12. soccermilitant

soccermilitant Member+

Jan 14, 2009
    St.paul
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Only Pro/rel can solve this.

kenntomasch repped this.
  13. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Eddie, why all the bile? Is it really that bad? BTW been awhile, how have you been?

14. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I'm well. Married, two kids, living in Pittsburgh. The Hounds are a trainwreck. Quite apropos as they play next to train tracks.

15. San Diego Socker

Aug 3, 2014
    San Diego
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    From the looks of it, they've never received great support or any for that matter from the fans there in Pittsburgh. As a fan( if you are a fan of the riverhounds) of footy and a resident of Pittsburgh you should be trying to help this team out, doesn't necessarily have to be in a monetary way, but support them as a local fan should be part of building them up to stability. But saying they are a trainwreck and they play next to the tracks quite appropriately and badmouthing them, i'm sure other local fans would expect a little more hometown pride coming from a Pittsburgh resident.

16. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I started the Steel Army. I can speak about the Hounds as much as anyone. You know me as you were at our first meeting. There's a lot of things happening behind the scenes and being 3000 miles away you aren't privy to them.

17. Vesty

Vesty Member

May 8, 2007
    Pittsburgh
    Club:
    Pittsburgh Riverhounds
    There's been so much instability in the FO and so many different owners over the years that there's a lot of bad blood floating around. Depending who you talk to it's either the worst organization out there or it's great. As with most things it's probably somewhere in the middle. The current ownership seems like they're trying to make the necessary changes to keep the team viable, but they're not making many friends in the process.

Eddie26 repped this.
  18. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Exactly, they have very much alienated themselves and any goodwill they had built up. It's sad and unfortunately they've created a turf war of Kool-Aid drinkers and a group who are just beyond disgusted. Like Congress, neither can find an impasse for the betterment of everyone and meanwhile the club continues to piss on everyone.

19. San Diego Socker

Aug 3, 2014
    San Diego
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

That's more like it

20. xbhaskarx

xbhaskarx Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Feb 13, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Specifics for those who may have no clue what you folks are talking about?

21. Vesty

Vesty Member

May 8, 2007
    Pittsburgh
    Club:
    Pittsburgh Riverhounds
  22. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So is Tuffy going to win this and taking the Hounds to the promised land? Thats the real question. And along the way he will piss off everyone doing it.

23. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    All the MLS talk is 100% pie in the sky thinking I believe.

24. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    And I don't know if I'd consider MLS and it's flawed league model the promised land!

25. Vesty

Vesty Member

May 8, 2007
    Pittsburgh
    Club:
    Pittsburgh Riverhounds
    The Hounds just filed their Chapter 11 plans. I downloaded them from the court website and will dig through it all over the next few days. A quick look through, if you ever wanted to know how much a USL franchise costs... I'm going to have some numbers for you.