River Plate - Mercado de Pases 2014

Discussion in 'River Plate' started by locoxriver, Dec 13, 2013.

1. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I'm a big fan of Aimar, but I just don't know. He's going to be coming off 6 months of inactivity following 6 months of playing what is essentially amateur football in malaysia, how is he going to cope with playing copa libertadores and the torneo local.

If he's in shape and healthy, he'd be of great use to the team as Piscu rarely lasts 90 minutes, but realistically I don't think Aimar would be able to contribute much.

Ludueña has scored some amazing goals in mexico the last few years and he'd be, like aimar, a great foil/replacement to piscu, but he just seems to love mexico and playing there. I don't see him returning i see it as just humo.

I feel like the journalist who did the interview asked him something like what he thought of gallardo's river and if he'd like to return to play for a team playing such good football, and i mean what is he going to do, lie and say "no, gallardo's river is horrible, i'd never want to play for a team that plays such negative football, i'd rather go to a top club like Caruso's Tristan Suarez" ?

Hachita basically gave the response anyone who came from the inferiores of river would give to such a question.

I could obviously be wrong, but I don't think Ludueña has any desire to return. I see him finishing his career in mexico

2. Ron Mexico

Ron Mexico Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Ludueña is a 32 year old player at this point. I can see him giving coming back for 6 months to a year for a chance for Libertadores glory.

I totally agree about Aimar. Dude is a huge unknown but if old asses like Veron and Riquelme can get by with a few games I don't see how Aimar can't do the same. We'd be using him for the Copa and other inportant games.

locoxriver repped this.
  3. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I'm no fan of either riquelme or veron, but unfortunately they deserve credit, much more so than aimar. Veron was 31 and had been a starter at Inter in 2006 when he returned to estudiantes, Riquelme was either 28 or 29 when he went to Boca. Both players could have easily stayed in Europe another 2 or 3 years, maybe longer, had they wanted to, but they went back to their clubs they supported.

Aimar decided to go play in Malaysia instead of coming to River and he hasn't been playing at a top level for many years.

Ortega and Gallardo would be the River equivalents to Veron and Riquelme. Ortega just wasn't up to European football from a discipline standpoint, but even so, he was a NT starter when he came back to River in 200, while Gallardo was in a fight with the coach at Monaco so he went back to River, but he could have easily gone to another european club, he was unstoppable for a while in the french league. Salas was also a similar case. He was very injury prone and needed to get out of Juve to get playing time, but there were many "lesser" european clubs who wanted him but he chose River for glory.

Ron Mexico repped this.
  4. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I think he does want to return. While his most recent quote could have been a result of a baited question, he did state a year ago that he told Cavenaghi to bring him along with him to River and that he's dying to prove himself with la banda since he was young and didn't receive too many consistent opportunities in his time at the club.

He already achieved everything in Mexico, and aside from Libertadores glory, I think it's a bit of personal revenge that fuels him since he obviously has no where near the same reputation in River/Argentina as he does in Mexico.

I actually don't doubt at all that he wants to join River.. the question is if River is interested in him.

RiverGaucho repped this.
  5. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Great... se viene la Libertadores y ya nos desarman el equipo. :rolleyes::thumbsdown:

Tottenham after Teo Gutierrez.. He could be teammates with Lamela in 2015 after a rumored interest from the Spurs, who are preparing a supposed 7.5 million euro offer for the Colombian. Considering how his contract is due to expire in just 7 months, I could see this one going through. :(

http://www.riverplate.com/Noticias/...ttenham-oferta-siete-millones-euros-rive.html

Leonel Vangioni, who is linked to European clubs every transfer market, is more than likely going to leave this time around also. :mad:

Unlike before, when we'd just have rumors or small offers ($2m), this time Milan is said to be willing to pay between 6 and 7 million euros for him. Unfortuantely, Gancedo confirmed that there are important offers arriving for the ex-Newell's.

http://www.riverplate.com/Noticias/...s-leonel-piri-vangioni-precio-river-2014.html

I guess Martino's call-ups have given him more exposure and opened his doors to Europe. :(

6. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Looks like they're starting to look at Milton Casco in case Vangioni leaves..

7. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Ron Mexico repped this.
  8. Ron Mexico

Ron Mexico Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    If Teo leaves in January he could be a guy to watch out for. But I think a Right-footed midfielder should be a higher priority. Sanchez can't be expected to play two 90+ min games a week.

locoxriver repped this.
  9. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Which is why I'm crossing my fingers Lucho joins us in December!

He had said in January that he was thinking of returning to River at the end of the year, so you never know... Absolutely fantastic player, and I think he would do veeeery well in this tactical scheme.

RiverGaucho repped this.
  10. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Even if Teo doesn't leave he would be a good option to have... Boye, Driussi, and Simeone have proven they're not up to it right now. We need another forward for "recambio" and we need to have someone on the bench who can make a big impact the way Keko was under Ramon (I know Ayovi is more of a #9 but he'd definitely be able to change up the attack unlike any of the pibes, who have done nothing other than the 2nd half against libertad)

locoxriver repped this.
  11. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Universitario (PER) reaches verbal agreement with River to acquire Leandro Gonzalez Pirez for the 2015 season.

http://www.riverplate.com/Noticias/...ichaje-universitario-peru-river-refuerzo.html

Facundo Affranchino could be headed along with him, as well as another player(s). The Peruvians had mentioned not long ago that they intended to receive River reserve and youth players, and the plan seems to be unfolding slowly.

12. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Lionel Vangioni confirms Milan interest:

"He recibido una oferta de Milan. El club ha hablado directamente con el presidente", reconoció el lateral-volante de 27 años. "Es un equipo que me agrada. Creo que puedo adaptarme a la liga italiana".

("I received an offer from Milan. The club has talked directly with the president."
    "It's a team that I like. I think I could adapt well to the Italian league.")

http://www.riverplate.com/Noticias/...eonel-vangioni-recibi-oferta-milan-river.html

He seems very enthusiastic about finally getting the possibility to play for a big European team, so we probably will have to look for a replacement for the Libertadores soon.

RiverGaucho repped this.
  13. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Its a shame to lose Vangioni, but I can hardly blame the guy. He is 27 years old and he is one of the european giants- even if they are down- looking for him. He's in the prime of his career and he will probably never get another chance like this.

I would have no ill feeling to Vangioni either, he came to River 2 years ago and immediately adapted to the club and became an integral piece to the puzzle. He never "vendio humo" like some players in the past has he's always admitted he's a Newell's supporter he never said i want to stay here forever, and theres the fact that he 's 27, and he's won a title, a sueprfinal, and helped us reached the sudamericana final. So this isn't like selling Lamela or Ocampos with just a few games under their belt and no titles to show for it.

There are also some able replacements in the Argentine league. Casco at Newell's would fit in well, and Tagliafico I think would be a smart signings.

Newell's is always a bit annoying to negotiate with, but considering we basically gave Banfield Servio, Cazares, and Nico Domingo (lol on the last name) they sort of owe us... And Tagliafico is a player i've liked for a while.

Now, if our directors are able to actually move and get a replacement, well thats another story. If they'd brought in just one more adequate forward, we'd already be champions of the Torneo Trancision, so lets not hold our breath, but on vangioni's end i don't reproach him anything and if he really has a chance to go to milan i don't blame him in the least bit.

locoxriver repped this.
  14. Ron Mexico

Ron Mexico Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Since we only get to sign 2 replacements this transfer window then a replacement for Vangioni and another midfielder would be best. We have no one good on the bench to replace Sanchez or Rojas if they are injured or rested.

We already have 3 forwards who have proven to be scorers (Teo, Mora, Cave) and a whole bunch of young guys that haven't materialized yet but in time some of them will (Boye, Simeone, Driussi).

15. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I agree with you Gaucho, no ill feelings towards Vangioni at all.. It's just a shame because if there has been one position that has been River's weakness over the last 15 years, its been finding someone who can successfully play the LB role..

With Vangioni we have gotten used to good performances on the regular, but he really is a pot of gold... before that we hadn't had a good LB since the Placente days: Arano, Juan Fernandez, J.M. Diaz, Virviescas, Villagra, Mareque, etc. all went through and were a nightmare to watch. Don't want to return to that.

AFA already confirmed teams will be allowed to make unlimited transfers, since it will be the big transfer window before the start of a 12 month tournament.

RiverGaucho repped this.
  16. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I wonder how much Milan is going to offer for Vangioni. It would be nice to get a good fee for him, and if we're going to do the deal, the directors need to accept the deal, get the money in, and starting bringing in players ASAP so they can get a good preseason in.

We can't go through the same old BS where we sign players and the transfers don't go through until after the tournament starts and the new signings start way behind the eight ball in terms of training and game sharpness, like what happened with Teo, amongst others.

At this point my priorities would be Tagliafico from Banfield and probably Ayovi from Godoy Cruz. Then we need to find a midfielder... I'm hearing rumors of Bertolo- the guy who scored against us sunday, and also Cerro from Racing, who used to be at Velez. Cerro was a good player for Velez he was even in the NT (the full NT not the bullshit local one) but he hasn't played at all under Cocca at Racing... I don't know about Cerro, he's more of a #5 and with Krane, Cirigliano, Ponzio, Guido, its clear we need a wide midfielder.

17. Ron Mexico

Ron Mexico Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I don't know about Bertolo. Sure he looked solid but the guy ran out of gas in the last 30 minutes of the game. He's also a Failed product of boca.

But that kid Tagliafico, I hope he's not all hype considering they constantly compare him with Zanetti. Perhaps it's just that they both have Banfield origins. But I hope we can get him at a decent price and hope those bastards don't ask a fortune for the kid. Maybe they should give us Cazares back too.

18. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  19. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Looks like Pablo Aimar's return is one step closer

"Aimar se está entrenando y lo estamos esperando, pero seguro estará en la pretemporada en River y jugará la Libertadores", confirmó Rodolfo D'Onofrio.

http://www.ole.com.ar/river-plate/aimar_llegara_a_river_segun_donofrio_0_1262873951.html

This is great news IMO.. He may be old and what not, but boy how we could have used him this season when we needed to rotate players and had nothing but pibes...

20. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Considering Pisculichi's amazing for this season, the arrival of Aimar is perfect. He wouldn't have to be the main playmaker and he's also the perfect type of player not just when we have to rotate the team, but also if we need to hold onto the ball late in a match

Hopefully it actually goes through this time, I remember D'Onofrio saying something similar before the start of last season

21. Ron Mexico

Ron Mexico Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I've also heard stuff about Milan offering €7 million for Vangioni. And that they are negotiating some sort of reduced payment for Vangioni to stay 6 more months and play the Libertadores.

If Vangioni continues to have a great season and a great Libertadores I don't see why we should sell him for less now when we can get the same offer or more in June.

22. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The other thing is the dumbasses at CONMEBOL scheduled the libertadores so that the semis and final will be played after the copa america... So if we do make some deal like that, we'd need to make sure he would stay til after the libertadores is over. Look at what happened with CASLA... Piatti wasn't able to play the 2nd leg of the final (though they won anyway thanks to the handball)

Ron Mexico repped this.
  23. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Rumors linking us once again to Mauro Boselli, who just finished as the top scorer of the Mexican league this season.

I'm pretty sure Leon will have absolutely no intentions of releasing him after he has lead the team to back-to-back league titles, but considering how he has been linked to us in the past, you never know..

24. Ron Mexico

Ron Mexico Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Leon's manager Gustavo Mastosas is taking over at Club America after Turco Mohamed says he ain't coming back next season. Mastosas is probably signing a couple of his Leon guys with him. So Leon is looking like a sinking ship right now and it would be a great opportunity for Boselli to cash out and go for some Libertadores glory.:thumbsup:

locoxriver repped this.
  25. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Good to hear!

From my understanding Enzo and D'Onofrio's idea is to bring in Boselli to have 4 top quality forwards (Teo, Cavegol, Mora, and Boselli) to compete for the Libertadores... Wouldn't be a bad frontline at all!