River Plate - Mercado de Pases 2014

Discussion in 'River Plate' started by locoxriver, Dec 13, 2013.

1. Ron Mexico

Ron Mexico Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I think it sounds similar to Aimar. He wants to come back, he's saying he's free in a year but at his age, 33, doesn't know if he'll be healthy enough regardless of what he says. Coming back from the Middle East ain't good for your football fitness.

Remember the good times seeing him along my boy Mascherano? We could've been Libertadores champions!!! Facking Maxi!!!!!:mad::mad::mad:

2. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    That's what makes this whole CASLA title even worse... that those crazy teams weren't good enough to take home the Copa, yet this shitty ass San Lorenzo wins this edition without having to do anything.

The 2004 team that you talk about, for instance, had Mascherano, Lucho, Gallardo, Salas, Cavenaghi in his prime, Montenegro in his prime, Coudet, etc. :eek: and played very attractive football. Compare those names to Buffarini, Ortigoza, and Kalinski and the displays CASLA has shown.

It all began with San Lorenzo sneaking into this Libertadores last minute..

Then they get a relatively easy group, but only manage to qualify in the last minute (in the literal sense) of their final game through a goal difference of +1 goal, after being tied in points with the 3rd place team.

Then, in knockout stages, they fail to win any of their away games (lost to Gremio, tied with Cruzeiro, lost to Bolivar, and tied with Nacional), while all their home games are won with a minimal difference of 1-0 (with the exception of the Bolivar game).

Finally, they face the weakest Libertadores finalist of all time, a club with a stadium capacity for only 5000 spectators.... and the only thing that decides the final in their favor is an incredibly stupid and unnecessary handball by a Nacional player that gives CASLA a penalty and the title.

Talk about shittiest Libertadores champions of all time.

Ron Mexico repped this.
  3. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    No Aimar this semester..

http://www.riverplate.com/Noticias/...-esperara-hasta-2015-para-volver-a-river.html

Looks like we'll have to wait til at least January to see him put on the River jersey again, if that.

Even if he's not fit and can't play til 2015, I think he should join the team and train with them.. getting top preparation and molding in with his future teammates for a few months before going full force in the Libertadores.... but whatever.

4. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    In other news, Gustavo Bou left to Racing as a free agent.... if anyone cares. :laugh:

5. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    #305 RiverGaucho, Aug 14, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2014
    100% agree... IMO river should have won the 2004 and 2005 Libertdores... In 2005 you could argue that Sao Paulo was at least our equal, but we just shat the bed, especially in the return leg in El Monumental... It was basically the same team but with Tecla for Cavenaghi... and Tecla was actually good back then... Don't forget Carlos Diogo, maybe he wasn't Real Madrid good, but i have fond memories of the Uruguayan in his brief time with us

We also could have won the 2006 version of the Copa... I mean how did we lose to Libertad? Perhaps the 6 week lay off between first and second legs killed us, and in that time Rolfi Montenegro had left the team because his loan expired.

And don't get me started on 2008... Liga de Quito would have been our next opponent had it not been for the melt down against CASLA... We had a monstrous team. Falcao, Abreu- who wasn't as bad for River as many say, the last great season of Ortega, Buonanotte playing at a super high level, Alexis Sanchez was our super sub, Abelairas was actually doing well, and Carrizo was the #1 for Argentina at the time playing out of his mind...

But of course these teams are nothing compared to the River team of 1976 with Fillol, Passarella, Perfumo, Merlo, JJ Lopez, Alonso, Pipino Mas, Luque, etc. that some how lost to Cruzeiro.... Or the 66 team with Amadeo, Mas, Onega, Gomez that lost to Peñarol

I think the point is, there is no justice in football. River has 114 years of brilliance and we have only have 2 Copas and San Lorenzo has 100+ years of mediocrity and they have 1. River should have IMO minimum 5 Copas

Oh well... peor es perder 6-1 en san juan, ser bostero, ser de racing, o... ser de huracan :D

6. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Aimar further explained his decision to wait til the next transfer window to see if he finally returns or not:

"Mi deseo era volver bien a River, así que me voy a poner a punto por mi cuenta e intentaré volver más adelante. Para no poder ayudar, prefiero hacerla (la recuperación) por mi cuenta para no usar a River de enfermería", dijo el exjugador del Benfica.

"Ya lo hablé con River, está todo claro", manifestó, y agregó desde el club le comunicaron que tiene las puertas abiertas para volver en enero. "Me dijeron que van a tener interés el próximo año y eso es muy ilusionante para mí".

"Es una inflamación crónica que me deja entrenar un día más o menos y al siguiente directamente ya no. Es por una tendinitis crónica en el talón de Aquiles que tengo hace años, y llega un punto en el que me tira por cualquier lado. Eso es lo que me operé", explicó al contar cuál es el problema físico que le requerirá más tiempo del esperado para volver.

"Hace 18 años que debuté, pero todavía tengo la ilusión (de volver). Es lo que me hace quedar acá (en Buenos Aires) e intentarlo un tiempo más".

http://www.riverplate.com/Noticias/...41-aimar-explico-motivos-no-vuelve-river.html

It's more than clear that his intentions are there.. lets hope he joins the squad at the end of the year and leads us to a good run in the copa..

7. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I still don't get why he wouldn't join the squad and try and integrate with his teammates, work with the cuerpo tecnico and the team doctors to get to know them, etc. He could still work out on his own and work with his own doctors, trainers... It just seems dubious to me, I dunno

I mean, I know Cavenaghi is a different case since he was already on the team, but he goes to training, talks to gallardo, talks to the kids on the team, he traveled to Miami, to the Copa Argentina match in Salta...

I dunno, I just think Aimar's prescense would be a huge psychological and moral boost for the team, especially for the young kids like Boye, Driussi, Simeone, etc. who are playing such a big role at 18... It would be good for them to have a huge star like Aimar there, even if he isn't training

8. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I agree, but I think he doesn't want to commit himself just yet. He still sounds like he's unsure if he'll ever recover from this injury the way he wants to, so I don't think his arrival at the end of the year is exactly guaranteed either.

If he joined the squad now, though, his return would be on paper and the fans' expectations would immediately begin.

So I get his decision to wait and recover on his own..

The one thing that bothers me is that if he joins in December, he'll count as one of the two reinforcements, right? Or is he exempt from it because he's a free agent? Or are the rules changing regarding number of transfers with the changes in tournament structure?

9. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Patanian (vicepresident) confirms that Teo Gutierrez will stay with River for another year :thumbsup:

"Tuvimos una reunión hace dos semanas, con Teo y su representante. Quedaron las cosas clarísimas para que se quede en River un año más", comentó en declaraciones a Los Más Grandes, por Radio Cooperativa.

"Cuando Teo llegó al país tuvo una muy buena charla con Gallardo y con Enzo. Marcelo le dijo a Teo que, si quería quedarse, que lo diga, así podían trabajar a mediano plazo", agregó.

http://www.riverplate.com/Noticias/...as-patanian-teo-gutierrez-se-queda-river.html

Eder Balanta, on the other hand, still doesn't have his future confirmed. For now, he'll be staying with River... but if a decent offer arrives in the next two weeks (when the European transfer window closes), he'll be on his way out.

The good thing is that Patanian confirmed that there are no official offers at the moment, so for now it looks like he'll be staying too.

Ron Mexico and balazsriver10 repped this.
  10. Ron Mexico

Ron Mexico Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Good news. Especially about Balanta, hopefully he stays. I am not ready to change my avatar until next year, dammit!

locoxriver repped this.
  11. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Gallardo seems to really like Funes Mori, but I agree I miss Balanta and i hope he stays. His just a different level of player. His ability to recover the ball or steal it and run out of defense with it is just amazing. See Lanzini's goal against Boca and various other huge plays over his year and a half in the river team

locoxriver repped this.
  12. balazsriver10

balazsriver10 Member

May 23, 2013
    Debrecen
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Hungary
    FM6 could play left back and Vangioni as left midfielder.
    Barovero - Mercado Maidana Balanta FM6 - Sánchez Kranevitter Vangioni - Piscu - Mora Teo

locoxriver repped this.
  13. Ron Mexico

Ron Mexico Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Every time FM6 plays LB he looks uneasy moving forward. I preferred to keep Vangioni on LB with Rojas up front. Don't fix what isn't broken.

Steazy McCloud repped this.
  14. Steazy McCloud

Feb 13, 2012
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    even at 6 Funes Moris pretty bad going forward. He has become quite the useful player though. The thing about Balanta is he's a freak, not only is he fast and strong but he has great instincts. You almost never see him out of position anymore which he had a little trouble with when he debuted. Plus he never even has to go to the ground for tackles, can you guys even remember one time you saw him go to the ground? Because I can't, even the yellows and reds he's gotten have been for elbows and not sliding tackles.

15. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Thats true and both the red cards he's gotten at River- vs. Godoy Cruz in El Monumental during the torneo final and vs. Lanus in the Sudamericana, were not red cards, just examples of horrible refereeing.

Ron Mexico and locoxriver repped this.
  16. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Sampdoria to make a 6 million euro offer for 80% of the transfer (what we own) of Eder Alvarez Balanta, according to Ole:

Gallardo ya dio el okey para que lo vendan si llega una oferta y hacia eso parece encaminarse el futuro de Eder Balanta Alvarez. Luego de que Inter y Valencia lo tuvieron apuntado, ahora es Sampdoria el que se lo quiere llevar. Los italianos ya charlaron con River y, aunque no oficializaron la propuesta, pagarían 6.000.000 euros por el 80% del pase que poseen en Núñez.

http://www.ole.com.ar/river-plate/futbol/Eder-mira_0_1197480269.html

Chau Eder? :(

17. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Sampdoria's president confirms negotiations for the Colombian, stating there is a 50/50 chance the transfer will go through:

De hecho, Massimo Ferrero -presidente de Sampdoria- utilizó su cuenta de Twitter para confirmarlo. Ante la pregunta de un hincha, contestó que, "del 1 al 10, la operación está cerrada en un 5".

Según trascendió, la propuesta sería de 6.000.000 de euros por el 80 por ciento del pase de Balanta, el porcentaje que posee River, aunque esta cifra no fue confirmada por Ferrero ni por la dirigencia del Más Grande.

http://www.riverplate.com/Noticias/...oria-negociaciones-alvarez-balanta-river.html

18. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Apparently Granada inquired about Gio Simeone.. Not sure if they're interested in a full transfer or just a loan, but River would be open to listening to offers.

19. Steazy McCloud

Feb 13, 2012
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    So apparently as of now Balantas not leaving. If thats the case, this team may mess around and win everything this year.

locoxriver and Ron Mexico repped this.
  20. Ron Mexico

Ron Mexico Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    The Italians wanted to pay €6 million in installments. Nah, son! River don't play that. We want the cash up front!!

Also good on D'Onofrio and company not trusting a small club. Just because they are in Europe doesn't mean they might not go bankrupt and not end up paying.

locoxriver repped this.
  21. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I'm with you.. I think Malaga still owes us for Buonanotte's transfer from 3 years ago.. :rolleyes:

The reason Balanta is being undervalued is because we need cash now. What's the point of selling him for so little if the money is going to come in years later? Doesn't make sense.. under those terms it'd just be better to keep him, utilize his services for another season, and on top of that probably get more money for him --- which seems to be what D'Onofrio is doing. :thumbsup:

Clear difference with Aguilar... Eder would have been loooooong gone by now if we were still under Jose Maria's tenure, not a single doubt.

Ron Mexico repped this.
  22. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    D'Onofrio is doing a much better job than i thought... And I think Francescoli has a lot to do with it...

Lets be honest, some of the biggest idols in the club's history- Enzo, Amadeo, Fillol, Alonos- back him 100%... They wouldn't do so if they didn't like his project

balazsriver10 repped this.
  23. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  24. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Rumored Atletico Madrid and Inter interests in Matias Sanchez

http://www.riverplate.com/Noticias/...rid-interes-matias-sanchez-juvenil-river.html

He always seemed like a very interesting player, long before arriving to River last year. I wouldn't hesitate to buy his transfer in June (he is currently on loan from Chacarita, with a transfer clause). Hopefully he doesn't leave to Spain or elsewhere without getting a shot in el mas grande first.

25. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    We're a month away from a new mercado de pases, and already comments and rumors are flying around...

Vice President Matias Patanian confirmed that Pablo Aimar still has the doors open to the club and we could have news on his return at the end of the year:

"Aimar tiene la puertas abiertas para volver. En diciembre habrá novedades. Aimar quiso quedarse, tenía aspiraciones a quedarse. Es una persona muy autoexigente", contó Patanian.

Daniel Ludueña, who never stood out in River but has been shining in Mexico ever since, says returning to River crosses his mind and that he enjoys watching (and wants to be part of) this team.

"Sí, claro (pienso en volver). Cuando ves a equipos que juegan a ese nivel dan ganas de participar de esos equipo."

Already last year, when he was teammates with Cavenaghi in Pachuca (MEX), he had mentioned how much he wanted to return... and this was before we running over every team, even before our title with Ramon.

"La verdad es que si existiera la posibilidad, sería un sueño volver, porque he crecido mucho en lo futbolístico y como persona. Se vería algo distinto a lo que se vio en otro momento. Si Cavenaghi vuelve en enero, que me lleve."

German Lux had also recently expressed his desire to return, although more in the long term since he recognized River "doesn't need him at the moment" and that we already have several good GKs. However, he also said Francescoli let him know the doors are open for him to come back.

Gio Simeone, meanwhile, is being linked to several European clubs, with the Italian press mentioning supposed interest from Napoli, Lazio, and Milan in him.

RiverGaucho repped this.