River Plate - Mercado de Pases 2013

Discussion in 'River Plate' started by locoxriver, Feb 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    2012 thread

Players In
    Leonel Vangioni (Newell's)
    Juan Manuel Iturbe (Porto) - loan

Players Out
    Facundo Affranchino (San Martin SJ) - loan
    Andres Rios (Deportivo Cuenca) - loan
    Daniel Villalva (Argentinos Jrs.) - loan
    Juan Cazares (Barcelona SC - Ecuador) - loan

Returned From Loan
    Adalberto Roman (Palmeiras)
    Mauro Diaz (Union Espanola)

2. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Juan Cazares heading home to Ecuador to play on loan for six months for Barcelona de Guayaquil.

http://www.riverplate.com/Noticias/...ares-se-va-barcelona-prestamo-seis-meses.html

The contract does not include an option to buy him, meaning he is guaranteed to return to River unless a tempting offer or a loan-extension request is made.

Hopefully he does well. He should gain experience and confidence, and might even be able to make a splash in the Libertadores. Does anyone know if he is eligible to play vs. Boca in the group stage, or is it too late to include him on the squad roster for the round?

3. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I was actually researching this and I'm not sure. However, its good to see that he's only going for 6 months and without an option.

I also found it strange that the Barcelona DT said Almeyda recommended Cazares to him, especially since Almeyda used him in 2 games and made him play as a left midfielder :rolleyes:

I hope he does well, he's a great player who deserved more at River. I'm surprised Ramon didn't even give him a chance

4. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  5. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    It sounds crazy, but I think Passarella's one stipulation on hiring Ramon was he said he had to speak highly of FM9. I mean, do you think Ramon or anyone with a sane mind would say Funes Mori is worth 6 times what Mora is?

One is a crack, a proven goalscorer in Uruguay and the bane of Boca's existence. He was unstoppable against Tigre. Funes Mori has probably played 2 or 3 good games in 4 years in the river primera. (Hattrick against Racing, Boca Unidos, and Almirante Brown)

6. Steazy McCloud

Feb 13, 2012
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    so now Portugal says River offered the deal to Benfica. I guess that makes more sense.

http://www.riverplate.com/Noticias/...-ofrecio-benfica-trueque-mora-funes-mori.html

7. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Obviously Ramon is trying to up his value. When someone as important and recognized as Diaz says something about a player, it's bound to have some significance. If he were to go out and say the truth (al estilo Papa FM, que decia que ni 200 pesos vale su hijo), then he wouldn't be worth shit.

Honestly, I think Ramon wants to sell FM as much as you and I, that's why in the summer he gave him so many chances and even said he was "ahead of Trezeguet" in his consideration, when in reality he probably never was. If he wants to sell, he has to value or at the very least pretend to appreciate the player.

RiverGaucho repped this.
  8. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yea I agree with what you're saying 100% but its just getting tiresome. We've been hearing the same business with Funes Mori since 2009 when he made his debut. Hell, DAP even claimed he should have gone to the Mundial in 2010.

I wanted to believe in Funes Mori, I thought he was going to be something special, but after 4 years its clear its just not going to work out for the kid on the field, or in the transfer market.

As we've seen, DAP has not been hesitant to sell young players like Lamela, Ocampos, and Peyera- all of whom we are still missing (Pereyra not so much any more since Vangioni arrived, but certainly Lamela and Ocampos would give us hierarchy) So if there ever had been an offer, DAP would have sold him. There simply hasn't been one and I doubt there will be since he has fallen down the pecking order significantly.

9. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    So apparently today- 4 pm Bs As- on the Show El Super Clasico, Saviola and Demichelis are going to be talking to Costa Febre and there could be serious news here.

You can listen here:

http://www.radio9am.com

10. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Did Saviola end up saying anything important? I read an apparent quote from el conejo saying "Mi contrato vence en junio y mi idea es volver a River," but I think that might have been re-phrased by someone since I can't find it on any newspaper or website.

What I did see, however, was LPM's article:

"Me queda un año de contrato, terminaré cuando termine la temporada actual y evaluaré la situación. Desde ya que volver a River siempre es tentador. Lo hablamos con Demichelis y Turnes, así que bueno, lo evaluaré bien. Siempre dije que si vuelvo a Argentina, volvería a River, por lo que me dio, porque soy hincha, por el cariño de la gente.".

"Después del partido con Atlético de Bilbao nos juntamos con Demichelis y Turnes. Fue una charla muy buena en la que él nos manifestó que tenemos las puertas abiertas, que River es un club que siempre quiso traer a los jugadores que dejaron una huella en la institución. También nos dijo cómo está el club, cómo se están moviendo y nos habló de lo futbolístico."

Did he say anything else?

11. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    No he didn't. i didn't end up being able to listen either, but it was the classic case of a journalist rephrasing/making up things. Very typical.

They said on TyC sports that Saviola was very angry how the manipulated his words. Not good.

The thing that bothers me most about this sort of situation, is that most of these journalists that cover river are confessed river fans, yet they constantly give us all false hope and, in this case, managed to piss off a very important player as well.

locoxriver repped this.
  12. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    "Ya hablamos con su representante para reunirnos y acordar la compra del pase que le pertenece a Barovero y ofrecerle un contrato por tres temporadas", indicó Mancusi.
    "Se va a quedar muchos años más en River", agregó el dirigente.

http://www.riverplate.com/Noticias/...river-va-a-comprar-pase-marcelo-barovero.html

It's good to see the Barovero situation finally being addressed, but it's also scary considering how the opposite of everything Mancusi says always happens. o_O

For instance:

En entrevista con “Los Más Grandes”, por Cooperativa, Mancusi comparó la situación de Cavenaghi con la de David Trezeguet: “Se le hizo un contrato extenso porque vino con el pase en su poder. Ahora, la situación de Cavenaghi es distinta y estará en las mismas condiciones que él, así que le vamos a poder hacer un contrato extenso, como River y él se lo merecen”.

13. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Mancusi also said that he had called D'Alessandro and that el Cabezon didn't want to come. And D'Alessandro went on to say that was a complete lie. He went on a pretty angry tirade against Mancusi as I recall

14. msi2

msi2 Member

Aug 15, 2008
    Paris, FRANCE
    There are few players in the local league i would want for the club, but Scocco is one of them. Damn que golazo!

15. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Scocco is by far the best player in Argentina. He said at one point he actually wanted to play in River. He is a big fan. However, Burrito Martinez was also a River fan and look where he's playing now.

But honestly, Scocco is going to Europe. I don't see any situation in which he'd stay in Argentina

16. LaFuriaNolan

LaFuriaNolan Member

Jan 11, 2009
    Montréal
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Is there any chance at all that Aimar comes home?

17. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Well his contract does end in June, so I wouldn't rule out the possibility.

Still, let's not forget that he was one step away from UAE in the last transfer window, so that shows he might not necessarily prioritize returning to River.

18. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Unfortunately I don't think anyone of note will be coming back right now. Even Demichellis, who was practically a sure thing a few months ago, says he is really going to have to analyze everything before making a move. Its still not clear what will happen, but I'd say its 60-40 he stays at Malaga or goes somewhere else in Europe.

I understand he doesn't want to piss off the Malaga owners and Pellegrini, but if you want to come to River, it can happen. Look at Ponzio, he was the captain of Zaragoza in the middle of a serious relegation fight and he let a huge debt the Arogones club had with him go to come back.

We'll see if any of these other people care half as much about the club...

19. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    RiverGaucho repped this.
  20. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  21. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    LOL @ Fabbro, his manager, and Cerro Porteno's president trying desperately to get River interested in him now after their horrendous season. :rolleyes:

22. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    LOL is right, did they get a single point in the copa libertadores group?

I see also there is interest in Valdivia, who has a history of indiscipline and partying.

For me, the enganche needs to be D'Alessandro, or we should just stick with Lanzini. These other guys aren't going to cut it.

23. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  24. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I'm not sure how badly I want Fabbro... But we need to get rid of Roman. I know Ramon got him playing better, but we need to free up a spot for Balanta, who despite being really inexperienced is a much better player than Roman ever was or will be.

I saw this article...

http://www.riverplate.com/Noticias/...ores-que-quiere-ramon-proximo-campeonato.html

I don't want Farias under any circumstances. I know Ramon has a history of recovering players- the best example being Ledesma- but Farias is completely lost. Its much harder for a goalscorer to regain form and Farias is at rock bottom.

Augusto I would actually want. He is a huge improvement over Sanchez who has been awful this tournament after a good Inicial. Celta is going down in Spain, so it might not be that hard.

Mas is interesting. I haven't see much if anything of San Juan other than the hilarious 6-1 win over Bosta... If we got him, Vangioni would be able to play as a midfielder and not have to worry about his defensive duties too much. If half of what I read about him is true, he will be a huge improvement over Diego Martinez who has been a disappointment.

locoxriver repped this.
  25. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    It appears Pellegrini is close to leaving Malaga, making the chances of Martin Demichelis returning much more likely.

If he does arrive, I think we'll have a very interesting defense. We could use a strong backline of 3 with Balanta, Pezzella, and Micho; and still have Maidana, Roman, Gonzalez Pirez, and Ramiro Funes Mori as alternatives (notice I didn't mention someone).

Not only would this help our defense, but it would also allow Vangioni more freedom and space to attack, thus helping our offense as well.

Hopefully this goes through. I haven't seen Demichelis play in quite a while, but I heard he had improved his form recently. Regardless, even a poor-level Micho is better than Bottinelli :rolleyes: and would add loads of experience and personality to the squad.