River Plate 2017-18 Season: News & Match Discussion [r]

Discussion in 'River Plate' started by locoxriver, Dec 29, 2016.

1. balazsriver10

balazsriver10 Member

May 23, 2013
    Debrecen
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Hungary
    Hey guys is there any chance to I could watch the match today in normal quality? There is no stream and live YouTube broadcast in this season... :/ Can I buy Fox Sports Argentina online membership from Hungary, Europe? It is so irritating that I couldn't watch River matches at this season...

2. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Confirmed: Saracchi to get the start :thumbsup:

RiverGaucho repped this.
  3. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Saracchi and Montiel :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: Everyone else... meh.

Pepe Sand: LCDTM

megamac20817 and locoxriver repped this.
  4. balazsriver10

balazsriver10 Member

May 23, 2013
    Debrecen
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Hungary
    Pity and Nacho is too weak in the first half, Saracchi is our best player today, I put De La Cruz or Borré instead of Rojas/Pity in the 2. leg. ¡Vamos River!

RiverGaucho repped this.
  5. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Definitely agree, Nacho has been pushed off the ball so easily, Pity needs to take his time when he is shooting. Definitely agree that this is an ideal game for De La Cruz

balazsriver10 repped this.
  6. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I agree that De La Cruz would be a great option given Lanus's tactical layout today, but Rojas is kind of an ideal player for the second leg if we arrive with a lead.

7. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    One big thing we lost with Alario's departure is an aerial reference in the opposition's box. You can see now that sometimes the wingers/wingbacks find some space on the sides, but hesitate to cross the ball in (usually end up giving a short pass back) since they know it's pretty useless with Scocco.

Scocco is a great player -- his technique is excellent, and he is undeniably a goleador. However, there is a difference in the amount of alternative styles of attack with him and Alario, who is just such an all-around player

8. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Anyway, grande Scocco, y grande Maidana x ponerlo en su lugar a Sand :D

9. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Grande Nachoooooo! Que crack por dios!

Also just wanna say that right when I was getting frustrated with De La Cruz bc he wasn't showing for the ball and seemed timid, he had just a bit of quality to get the ball to Pity who forced the save, and Nacho made no mistake from a tight angle. It reminded me a bit of Alario's goal against Independiente last year when he forced the save the scored a left footed rebound.

Very good game from Saracchi. Very worried about his knock, hopefully it was nothing serious and he'll be better next week.

The result is ideal. To keep the clean sheet was so important, and especially to score. We can't allow ourselves to be like San Lorenzo and just pray to draw, We need to go there to score.

Also, wanna just say Pepe Sand sos un resentido, fracasado de mierda... Did anyone notice he had boca colored boots on? Like seriously what is this guy's deal? Look, you were the all-time leading scorer at River's inferiores, but you sucked serious ass and never could player for the first team so get over it. LCDTM

And Lanus in general... Pathetic. Started wasting time from the opening whistle and then made no effort to score even when down 1-0. Muertos.

VAMOS RIVER

megamac20817 repped this.
  10. balazsriver10

balazsriver10 Member

May 23, 2013
    Debrecen
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Hungary
    Haha @RiverGaucho as we said De La Cruz was the key to break the "wall" and he had another fantastic ball to Auzqui. Lanus's tactic was disgusting, they kill the game all of the match, especially their a.sshole goalkeeper. The main thing is: ¡River el más grande del Mundo! I'm so glad!

megamac20817 and RiverGaucho repped this.
  11. Ron Mexico

Ron Mexico Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Fvck my life!!! I was stuck working late and only caught the last 10 minutes after Nacho's goal.:(

12. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Bad news... Gallardo just said he spoke with the doctors and he thinks Saracchi will probably miss the match Tuesday :(:cry::mad:

13. Ron Mexico

Ron Mexico Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Shit! that blows for Saracchi.

But I think we have a great advantage next game considering One away goal and Lanus would have to score 3 goals to try and beat us.

14. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Well if we needed any more proof of why we can't miss Ponzio, Rossi provided it last night.

megamac20817 and Ron Mexico repped this.
  15. Ron Mexico

Ron Mexico Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Not to mention Batalla. I am even more glad Lux came back to Nuñez.

locoxriver and balazsriver10 repped this.
  16. balazsriver10

balazsriver10 Member

May 23, 2013
    Debrecen
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Hungary
    And praying for not to lose Scocco, he also doesn't have any alternative...

17. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    i

equipo-revancha-vs-lanus.jpg

Los XI que van a buscar el pase a la final. Vamos muchachos

locoxriver and Ron Mexico repped this.
  18. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Interesting fact, Pity has not scored ever in the Copa Libertadores... This is is his third edition of the competition with the club (2015, 2016, 2017) and he's never found the back of the net, which is pretty astounding considering his record overall for the club is good. Hopefully tonight se corte la mala racha.

locoxriver repped this.
  19. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Vaaaaamos carajoooo! Grande Montiel, que rapido te estas adaptando!

Could be 3-0 already if the ref didn't incorrectly invalidate Scocco's play when the game was 0-0

20. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    And a clear penalty not given for a hand ball from Marcone. I thought they were introducing VAR? Whats the point of having it if you don't use it? I really don't get it, maybe CONMEBOL is just bluffing to look good for FIFA or something because that was the prime example of why its been introduced.

And WTF was Lux going on the goal? His best Battalla impression? Horrible. We're still in control, but that goal gives them some hope. I was hoping to be able to take Ponzio out so as not to risk another yellow, but for now he needs to stay in

And Laucha Acosta is a real bastard. Despicable person. Same with Sand

megamac20817 and locoxriver repped this.
  21. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Excellent first half.... Lanus has to score at least four in the second half to advance, although as the Jorge Wilstermann game taught us, nothing is set in stone until the whistle blows.

The positive is that, besides the 3 goal lead, Lanus seems to be falling apart as the minutes pass and they continue making nervous mistakes. River can capitalize on this.

Now my question is, why the hell did they implement the VAR if they aren't going to use it? There was a clear handball penalty that was not called for River, as well as the incorrectly invalidated one-on-one for Scocco

RiverGaucho repped this.
  22. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Well Sand scored in the last minute of injury time as I finished typing that, creating a completely different scenario for the second half.

Anyway, WTF is Laucha complaining visciously about? If anything, they were heavily favored by the ref mistakes, else it would be beyond over by now

23. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    WTF?!?! Auzqui for Enzo? Mune, noooooooooooo!

24. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Disastrous defending.. Pinola has been awful, and Maidana hasnt been much better... They're completely running Casco's flank.

Now we can't ******** up any more. Still completely do not understand that Auzqui x Enzo substitution given the game's circumstances

25. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Auzqui la concha de tu madre, perro no servis

pepinointer repped this.