River Plate 2017-18 Season: News & Match Discussion [r]

Discussion in 'River Plate' started by locoxriver, Dec 29, 2016.

1. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  2. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    who watched the match?

3. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Denis Rodriguez tore his cruciate ligaments. Feel so bad for the pibe. He was very impressive in the first half against Sao Paulo as well. He seemed to be the only River player able to hold onto the ball. :( :(

Fuerza Denis!!! He was going to have an increased role this semester I think. He's young so he can bounce back, but man it sucks to go down like that in a meaningless friendly

megamac20817 and locoxriver repped this.
  4. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    line up for the clasico tomorrow:

Augusto Batalla; Jorge Moreira, Jonatan Maidana, Mina, Luis Olivera; Camilo Mayada, Leonardo Ponzio, Ignacio Fernández, Gonzalo Martínez; Sebastián Driussi y Lucas Alario.

Hopefully we can thump these guys like we did last summer. I am going to be watching Mayada closely hopefully he can make everyone, especially the directors and Gallardo, forget the whole Montoya saga. Another key player will be Pity to see if he can actually use his head this year. Also, Mina and Battalla need to reverse the horrific image he left in the last superclasico we played

Vamos River carajo!!!

Ron Mexico repped this.
  5. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Eu já lavei o meu carro, regulei o som
    Já tá tudo preparado, vem que o reggae é bom
    Menina fica à vontade, entre e faça a festa
    Me liga mais tarde, vou adorar, vamos nessa

Gata, me liga, mais tarde tem balada
    Quero curtir com você na madrugada
    Dançar, pular até o sol raiar

Gata, me liga, mais tarde tem balada
    Quero curtir com você na madrugada
    Dançar, pular que hoje vai rolar

Tchê tchererê tchê tchê
    Tchererê tchê tchê
    Tchererê tchê tchê
    Tchereretchê
    Tchê, tchê, tchê
    Arturo Mina e você

Tchê tchererê tchê tchê
    Tchererê tchê tchê
    Tchererê tchê tchê
    Tchereretchê
    Tchê, tchê, tchê
    Arturo Mina e você

QUE GRANDE EL REY ARTURO Y VOCE

6. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    QUE LINDOS RECUERDOS

ETERNAMENTE GRACIAS
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ron Mexico repped this.
  7. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Tonight River goes for yet another title against Lanus in La Plata. There will be two changes in regard to last week's domination of the Bosteros: Casco returns after a very lengthy absence in place of the pibe Olivera, and Martinez Quarta comes in for Mina.

I think these changes are ok, but I am a bit nervous to see if Casco can handle the full 90 minutes after a 4 month spell on the side lines. Mina coming out is surprising, considering his goal sealed the match, but I have to say, it may not be a bad move. As much as I was praising Arturo, half in jest I must admit after the clasico, he is such a rustic player. Nearly every time he plays the ball out of the back its very dangerous. The pibe on the other hand is classy on the ball and reminds me so much of Pezzella, a player we didn't use enough in his time at the club.

The other news is that Alario is still out, so Mora remains in. Alario is such a huge and clutch player, but Mora has given so much to the club, and he was great against the Bosteros winning the penalty and assisting Mina's goal. He seems to always play well in the big games as well, he does go missing against lower of the table teams too often, but Mora has rarely let us down in a big match, so hopefully tonight is no different. In fact, I'd say it is really harsh to leave Mora our of the ideal XI. I think if Pity doesn't produce, I'd start Mora in his place when Alario is back, his set pieces are also miles better than Pity's which is an extra plus, even if the UruArgentino isn't as quick or good a dribbler but he is just so much more complete.

Hopefully, we'll be lifting another cup tonight in yet another Final. And Bostero- MIRALA POR CANAL 13!

megamac20817, locoxriver and Ron Mexico repped this.
  8. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Mora has been fantastic these first 10 minutes. He played well vs Boca in the summer friendly too.. Hopefully he's recovering his 2014/15 form

Anyway, good start for the team. Vamos RIVER!

9. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    #9 locoxriver, Feb 4, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2017
    Ayyy Battalla...

Jesus christ, this guy is going to give us all heart attacks during the Libertadores

Ron Mexico repped this.
  10. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Martinez Quarta is a very classy player, especially compared to Mina. Yet, our defense is still conceding chances and as loco says Battalla is a so nervous. Every ball in the box is a potential blooper.

Nacho Fernandez is doing well and Mayada has had a few moments. We are trying a lot of crosses into the box, and while Mora and Driussi are both very good headers of the ball, they are short and definitely not Alario.

Pity Martinez is having a nightmare, as usual. That one free kick he had in perfect position for a lefty, ideal moment to hit it low to complicate the keeper with the wet surface, and he smacks it into row Z

locoxriver repped this.
  11. Ron Mexico

Ron Mexico Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Decent first half that has gone straight to hell in the second half. I can't watch anymore. What a way to start to year. Uff!!:sick:

12. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Well that sucks. Right after I praised him Martinez Quarter gives away the 2nd goal by trying to play out from the back. He also gave the penalty away, even though it was blatantly outside the box, but even so it would have been a yellow and dangerous free kick. Still a scandalous decision from Delfino, but it didn't change the result. River wasn't good and I think Gallardo got all the changes wrong.

13. Ron Mexico

Ron Mexico Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    We needed Alario for this one. Game was raining and pitch was wet. Playing in the air would've been his specialty.

RiverGaucho repped this.
  14. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yea this is also a product of your back up #9 being 37 and spending 3.5 million on an always injured MUERTO in Larrondo to be the third string. I won't criticize Alonso because he was one of the main reasons we were even playing this match with an assist to tie the match and a goal to win it... But he is 37 so you can't count on him to be fit all the time. Larrondo on the other hand is just inexcusable and disgusting. I felt such anger when I saw this guy walking in with the River delegation... Though to be fair, Gallardo and the directors are just as much as fault as he is

15. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The worst part about last night's loss is that now we have to dwell on it for god knows how long. We have no idea when the AFA Tournament will restart as it is in complete shambles.

Our first Libertadores game isn't until the 15th of March and we can't afford to be sitting on our asses until then or we'll be at a huge disadvantage. Lets hope this AFA situation is resolved.

From a strictly fan's perspective it sucks not to have any idea when we'll see our beloved club play again :(

locoxriver and Ron Mexico repped this.
  16. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    megamac20817 and Ron Mexico repped this.
  17. Ron Mexico

Ron Mexico Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  18. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    So if the tournament, by some miracle, actually starts this weekend, River, who has to play in Medellin on Wednesday, will play in the prime time game Sunday night at 7 PM BsAs time against Union, while the filthy Bosteros, who have no international obligations until 2018 at the earliest, play Saturday :rolleyes: Typical AFA.

I hope our team is going to be fit mentally and also physically. Independiente Medellin has been playing for weeks now and is in first place in the Colombian league, and they'll be at home. So far, the Argentine clubs have been very poor in the Copa Sudamericana with Huracan getting smashed by a horrible (as they all are to be fair) Venezuelan team, while Racing could only beat a unknown colombian side 1-0. The only goal was scored by Mansilla, unsurprisingly one of the only players who was coming from playing competitive games for the Sub 20 national team. We'll see how the likes of San Lorenzo, Godoy Cruz, Atletico Tucuman, and Lanus do this week in the LIbertadores against clubs that all have been in competition for over a month (Remember, the Arg league was supposed to start Feb 3rd)

There is no doubt that the lack of competition is going to hurt us, which is why it was so imperative for the tournament to start last week, that way we could play our full team in the first match, then rest players before our trip to Colombia.

The biggest issue is the mental edge. I'm sure its got to be frustrating as hell fr the River players to have to train every day without knowing when they're going to play. Also worth noting, that the River players are unaffected by the strike since all the players at River get paid on time, and earn considerably more than most players in Argentina. The physical fitness could be an issue as well, as there is no substitute for playing a match. Independiente Medellin has played already 10 matches while River has played only 1, the supercopa against Lanus that was so long ago now it doesn't even count.

Ron Mexico repped this.
  19. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Possible team for Sunday vs. Union:

11-union-jueves.jpg

locoxriver and Ron Mexico repped this.
  20. Ron Mexico

Ron Mexico Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Feels like it's been forever to get the league back.

21. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Well it has been, its been almost 90 days, a complete disgrace, and imagine what its like for us club members and season ticket holders who have had to pay this whole time, yet with no chance to go to stadium. And not once in all this nonsense, did I hear any directors or players talk about the fans who pay the monthly quota to be a socio and then on top of that, a season ticket. Without us, football is nothing.

I also felt the whole "strike" was half assed. If they want to go on strike, they should have GONE ON STRIKE. IE, they shouldn't have practiced, they shouldn't have played friendlies, they shouldn't have played Copa Libertadores or Sudamericana. They should have been on strike since January 3rd when most clubs returned to training. Instead, they went on strike 5 days before the season was supposed to start (well actually the season was supposed to start Feb 4th, but then postponed to march, and then they went on strike) so my question is, why were they not on strike before? Because of politics and disgusting club directors, mainly Angelici of Boca and his candidate for AFA President, Chiqui Tapia, a life long Boca fan, who is President of a club called Barracas Central in the D, but his twitter and instagram of him in La Bombonera with "vamos boca" captions, etc. These people are going to kill football.

But its time to move on. The football is back officially and hopefully River can start making up ground in the league and get off to a good start in the Libertadores. CASLA got completely wrecked by Flamengo 4-0, and it should have been much worse as the cariocas missed a penalty and various other clear chances, so River need to come out and do well and especially win our group and go for some top quality reinforcements in June

megamac20817, Ron Mexico and locoxriver repped this.
  22. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Looks like Lollo will be starting - and not Mina - in Maidana's spot alongside Martinez Quarta. It will be interesting to see how he does, finally debuting after arriving 9 months ago from Avellaneda.

Ron Mexico repped this.
  23. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Que lindo verte de nuevo, millo querido!

megamac20817 and Ron Mexico repped this.
  24. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Not too many clear chances in the first half, but you get glimpses of Gallardo's work during the extended pre-season. It is a much wider and faster team than his previous ones.

Alario should come in for the last 45.. we're missing a reference in the box. Probably for Mora, who has had a very quiet game so far.

Also, LOL the fans are going to kill Pity Martinez one day

Ron Mexico repped this.
  25. Ron Mexico

Ron Mexico Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Ah! Come on. That was a goal even before I saw the replay. Goal line technology where are you?:cry:

megamac20817 repped this.