River Plate 2017-18 Season: News & Match Discussion [r]

Discussion in 'River Plate' started by locoxriver, Dec 29, 2016.

1. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    What the hell is going on? Lux making some great saves tonight, Armani looking clumsy lately.. Ponelo al poroto en Madrid! :D

How'd you guys see Julian Alvarez and Ferreira? Would you give them some minutes in the final, if needed? How about De La Cruz?

Ron Mexico repped this.
  2. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Mate, us River fans obviously want to win, but the Final has been forever tainted by Boca and CONMEBOL and as nice as winning will be it, it won't be the same.

River's bus suffered a similar bus attack in the first leg and the match in the superliga, in both matches we scored 2 goals on them. We also suffered a savage bus attack against Lanus last season in the semifinal. Yet we just sucked it up and played. Independiente suffered one going to Maracana, they didn't complain they just sucked it up and beat Flamengo to lift the cup. In Europe, this sort of thing happens all the time, as Dani Alves pointed out on social media. Look at Man City's bus last season. I know in Italy especially this sort of thing is commonplace.

Now, Boca's bus gets hit by rocks and the next thing you know they're "coughing" and sputtering like they just suffered a mustard gas attack in the trenches of WWI. Pablo Perez walks into the locker room completely fine punches the door in anger, the most feigned anger in history. This is a guy who played many Rosario Derbies, which makes the superclasico look tame, and the bus getting hit by rocks would be nothing new. He then, despite as I said showing no signs of irritation whatsoever moments before, comes out with an eye patch on. Truly, the man needs to be banned from football for this scandal. His eye doctor said he had no injury.

So yes, while I don't condone throwing stones at other teams' buses, i think the people who did it, be they river fans or boca fans in disguise, are sick people, but i also think acting to get a match postponed is disgusting. Never have I seen anything like this.

The match and football have been tainted by boca, especially Angelici, Perez, Abila, and above all Tevez, who in my opinion is the most disgusting, vile man in football. The way he said no River player cared how they were, meanwhile even Perez admitted both Scocco and Casco were worried, and later Gallardo and Tevez were seen hugging. Gallardo a true gentleman, while 3 years ago when River players suffered an attack never before seen and never to be seen again inside a stadium with police grade pepper spray, Boca lined up and tried to force them to play, even though they had visual evidence that could be seen on TV of burns on their faces, unlike Pablo Perez and his famous "eye patch" and Tevez and his "vomiting"

3. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    It was nice to see a win on the pitch against a team who came to El Monumental with the intention to play. Much respect to Gimnasia.

Alvarez and Ferreira are very promising. I am very curious about the center back Beltran I have heard good things and wished he'd had a chance to play. In the long run, Pinola is 35 and Maidana 33, we need new people coming through in that position.

I think Alvarez or Ferreira would be a better option than De La Cruz, to be fair I think Carlos Sanchez' brother has shown known of his brothers huevos when it comes to a big match. I wouldn't want to throw him in, especially if it came to penalties because I'm sure he'd miss, unlike Alvarez who rifled his penalty home against Gimnasia in the Cup like there was no pressure.

megamac20817 and locoxriver repped this.
  4. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Quit yer whingin', gayinita :laugh:

It's been unfortunate but it will resolve in historic mode as "papa" River Plate lifts the trophy at their "eldest son" turf.

[​IMG]

5. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Looks like Quintero and Mora have both received medical clearance :thumbsup:

Scocco is still in doubt and is practically ruled out given that the game is only days away, but there is hope that he'll somehow miraculously make it to the bench. Fingers crossed...

megamac20817, RiverGaucho and Ron Mexico repped this.
  6. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    megamac20817 repped this.
  7. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Anyone else feel the game has lost its Libertadores essence? The first leg was a month ago, the semifinal vs. Gremio seems like it happened decades ago.

A superclasico is still a superclasico and everyone --players and fans alike-- is still pumped, but it feels more like a Torneo de Verano match, or at most a domestic league game. I am not feeling the same sensations as when the 2015 final vs. Tigres was approaching or when the first leg of this series was coming up.

No doubt it'll be an important game full of emotions, but it really feels nothing like a Libertadores final

8. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Scocco confirmed out. :( :( :(

9. megamac20817

megamac20817 Member+

Jul 9, 2005
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Since they announced it was moving to Madrid, it's felt like a friendly that just happens to be a Libertadores final. It has lost all its luster and just seems detached from the rest of the tournament.

Ron Mexico and locoxriver repped this.
  10. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The whole thing is detached from the rest of the tournament. Obviously we want to win, but it won't be the same.

From the beginning, the whole thing was a farce. To thin the first leg was month ago. Absolutely insane.

From the outset when they switched the dates from Wednesday to Saturday, things became a circus. Then there was the rainout. Then there was the acting from Tevez, Abila, and Perez. Never to be duplicated.

Even if River wins today I'll maintain it: Worst Libertadores in history.

#TevezPreso

11. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    #711 SupaMario, Dec 9, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2018
    It may not feel the same now but a loss or a win still goes down in the record books. For history the winning team can mock the losing team. Long after this game is played, this detachment will go away for other generations who did not experience this. This is a game that neither team will want to lose. It is for all the marbles.

Best of luck.

12. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Nacho Fernandez confirmed in the final spot over Martinez Quarta. No surprises...

13. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Quería compartir esto acá también.

It's called FOOTBALL and locoxriver repped this.
  14. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Nacho has been trash.. bring in Quintero for the second half. We desperately need more ball control and creativity.

Very poor display from River so far.

15. HollywoodHayat

HollywoodHayat Member+

Feb 11, 2013
    This ref is a joke

LaFuriaNolan repped this.
  16. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Borre and Scocco whyyyy couldn't you be here? :cry::cry:

Such a dull display with Nacho, Enzo, and Palacios in the middle.. Pity is off today also, hopefully he finds his form quickly

17. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    After Benedetto's goal, we desperately need Quintero in there. There is no time to spare...

Ron Mexico repped this.
  18. LaFuriaNolan

LaFuriaNolan Member

Jan 11, 2009
    Montréal
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    My enthusiasm was sucked dry for this, no surprise how it's going so far.

19. Ron Mexico

Ron Mexico Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Y el VAR?

20. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Forget about it.. he's too scared to use it after Gremio's complaints. Trash call.

I called it weeks ago when they assigned this ref to this game. Pathetic...

21. megamac20817

megamac20817 Member+

Jul 9, 2005
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Clear penalty against Pratto became an offensive foul, what a joke. Is Chiqui Tapia gonna present this trophy personally too if Boca wins?

locoxriver repped this.
  22. HollywoodHayat

HollywoodHayat Member+

Feb 11, 2013
    Clear pk. Even the announcers are shocked.

23. Ron Mexico

Ron Mexico Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    PRATTOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

24. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    PRATTO IDOLO JAJAJAJAJAJAJA

25. Ron Mexico

Ron Mexico Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Let's not get crazy now :D

LaFuriaNolan and locoxriver repped this.