River Plate 2017-18 Season: News & Match Discussion [r]

Discussion in 'River Plate' started by locoxriver, Dec 29, 2016.

1. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Well i think that he is one of the best because the sudamericana and libertadores.

But the other torunaments are "matches" like suruga, supercopa agaisnt santa pequeño. Yeah they are more cups for the showcases but for me not having a league is an issue.

A lot of people should know that river is bigger and more important than gallardo. (obviously not your case)

2. ElMuneco

ElMuneco Member

Jun 27, 2004
    Encinitas, CA
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    I don't know if he's completely retired, but I wouldn't mind seeing Sabella on the sidelines as River's coach. He's experienced, led Estudiantes to the Libertadores title in 2009, and would've become a World Cup winning coach if certain players on the NT put the ball in the back of the net like they should have against Germany

pepinointer repped this.
  3. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I'm not sure who the ideal replacement would be, but the bottom line is, regardless of who comes in, things couldn't really get much worse. Of course, we all know the disastrous campaigns from 2009-2011, but that was at a time when Aguilar was ruining the club and not investing.

This current squad has been very expensive and is sitting 21st place out of 28, 19 points from 17 games, and 24 points off the lead. Could JJ Lopez, Gorosito, or Cappa really do worse?

I'm not saying those guys are better managers than Gallardo, they clearly aren't, I'm just point out the completely ABYSMAL campaign Gallardo has put together this season. Its so bad any other coach would be forced to resign or fired.

The Libertadores is the ultimate test, and if we don't get out of the group, Gallardo must go regardless of the fact that he just signed a four year deal. I can't get over just how bad things have gotten

4. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Pero aguante Mora, viejooo

megamac20817 repped this.
  5. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Pero que te dije? AGUANTE MORA PAPA!

Lo unico bueno de river en lo que va del año

RiverGaucho, Ron Mexico and megamac20817 repped this.
  6. megamac20817

megamac20817 Member+

Jul 9, 2005
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I can't understand why River hasn't brought in a good, starter quality defender in... a long time. The fact that there were no moves to bring in an RB despite Moreira's seemingly endless injury, or the fact that no one seems to have prepared for the reality that Maidana's form has slipped and likely won't recover has left us with the following: no natural RB while Moreira is out, only three CBs in playing condition (with two of them needing a segway these days, and the third showing clear signs of rust after 7 months off the field), and one LB in Saracchi, who has been the best of a truly terrible bunch in the back.

It's true that River's offensive quality is lacking at times, but we'd at least have several more draws if not the fact that our defense gets carved open every damn game by the same damn plays. How many more times are we going to watch a player exploit the hole behind Montiel or Saracchi and play a ball in between MQ and Maidana/Pinola, only for neither CB to challenge for the ball. I have to think they practice the maneuver in training, so it seems to be something they're literally incapable of stopping.

EDIT: Come to think of it, the last time we brought in a real starter-quality CB was Maidana. 7 years and counting...

locoxriver, ElMuneco and RiverGaucho repped this.
  7. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Well Pinola was supposed to be that guy. In terms of money spent and salary, he is a top signing, but in terms of age and performance he has been a flop.

Ron Mexico, megamac20817 and locoxriver repped this.
  8. ElMuneco

ElMuneco Member

Jun 27, 2004
    Encinitas, CA
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    The one player I've been hoping they made a move for during each mercado is Diego Polenta from Nacional. I remember his name was thrown around previously, but nothing concrete .

9. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The funny thing is they refused to pay 5-6 million for players like Polenta and Kevin Balanta, claiming those fees were excessive... but then they happily threw upwards of 14 million (if you include bonuses) for Pratto

Ron Mexico and megamac20817 repped this.
  10. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    BORRE Y LA CONCHA DE TU HERMANA!!!!!

que pase delicioso de quintero... este pibe tiene que ser titular

11. ElMuneco

ElMuneco Member

Jun 27, 2004
    Encinitas, CA
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Fin de ciclo. Gracias por todo, pero chau Gallardoo

12. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Pratto—Mora
    Pity——Quintero—
    Enzo Perez
    Ponzio
    Saracchi-??-??-Moreira​

13. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    My frustration with Gallardo is mounting. Patronato nos tiene de hijo and we need to beat them and we need to turn around this pathetic campaign and he is going to put out a "mix" including the likes of Auzqui and Casco...

Not saying our "starters" are doing any better, but I just don't get it. Beating Boca in the "Superfinal" or whatever would be sweet but it won't erase all the bad thats happened in this tournament.

I've also mentioned it millions of times, but in Europe, the starters play every week, and while yes, the distances are shorter in Europe overall, there are still long trips. You'll see a team play all the way in Russia and on Saturday they'll have their normal starters back in. Another big thing is that in Europe the clubs play 38 league games, we are playing a 27 game tournament! How can our players not be fit to play two games a week when our principle competition has only 27 games?

I seriously don't get the logic, and while Gallardo has gotten his rotations terribly wrong since the beginning of his tenure, it is a serious problem in Argentine football that states you can't play three times a week, and now with this shortened season its even more ludicrous. Gallardo is just the worst of the bunch at it.

Ron Mexico, locoxriver and megamac20817 repped this.
  14. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Seria un crimen que Juanfer no vaya desde el arranque contra la bosta

15. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Pero por dios, que mal jugamos... no le ganamos a nadie, no generamos peligro, somos un flan atras... si nos cuesta tanto contra chacarita y patronato, estamos muyyyy mal

16. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Avisenle al muerto de borre que esta jugando.... por diossss, ya basta de este pibe... encima lo saca a quintero --el unico que estaba jugando-- y lo deja a este fracasado en cancha....

lo peor de todo es la cantidad de pibes en inferiores esperando una puta oportunidad que nunca reciben, mientras borre y auzqui se la pasan dando lastima todos los fines de semana.

RiverGaucho, megamac20817 and Ron Mexico repped this.
  17. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Don't really get why Scocco is going to the bench and Pratto, who has been terrible so far, is starting. Mora and Scocco needs to be the duo and Quintero needs to play for Nacho F.

If we lose this game, is Gallardo curtains? I seriously don't get his line up choices...

Ron Mexico repped this.
  18. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

19. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Vamos millo! Por favor tapenles la boca a estos bosteros super agrandados

megamac20817 and Ron Mexico repped this.
  20. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

21. Ron Mexico

Ron Mexico Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    PITTYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!! SCCCOOOOOOCOOOONUTTT!!!!

Muerete!!! BOCA!!!!!!!!!!!

22. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Grande Nacho, grande Pity, GIGANTE Armani, enorme Ponzioooo!!!

Vamos RIVER.... la mentira bostera se acabo!! tal como en 2015 -- llegaba "imparable" el "mejor equipo" hasta que se cruzo con papa...

23. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Must say, what a relief it is to finally have a top keeper again. No doubt the game would have played out completely different and the final scoreline would have been up for grabs if Lux was in goal instead

24. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Maidana, Pinola, and Nacho Fernandez also looked like their old selves tonight.. That was key. Hopefully they replicate tonight's performances from now on

25. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Armani es un animal. Not only should he be River's keeper for years, but he should be the man for the Seleccion.

Lets just enjoy this game and say SCOCCO ES TITULAR en este equipo! Indiscutible!

Also, just want to point out the difference in class between D'Onofrio and the scumbag gangsters Tapia and Angelici. ASCO ME DAN

VAMOS RIVER CARAJOOOO!!!!!

megamac20817, Ron Mexico and locoxriver repped this.