River Plate 2016 Season: La Reestructuracion del Millo [R]

Discussion in 'River Plate' started by locoxriver, Jan 23, 2016.

1. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Cavegol will forever be thanked by Riverplatenses for returning to the club when he was most needed, especially with the huge differences he set aside with Passarella just to help the team during that campaign.. What's most important is that he returned and delivered so thoroughly.. he could have returned with the intention of helping, but flopped in the end. Yet he did exactly what was expected from him, and more, when the club was at an all-time low.

I'll never forget the young Cavenaghi either... his form between 2002 and 2004 was when he was in his prime, in my opinion. It was a true pleasure watching him play every Sunday, and I'll never forget the special connection he formed with D'Alessandro during those years. The older Cavenaghi was a well above average goleador, but he was truly something else in his first spell at River.

Excellent player -- even when he was out of shape, slow, and injured in his third spell at the club, he'd still score regularly and gave us great lujos along the way as well.

Gracias por todo CAVEGOL.. sos un grande! Crack y idolo x siempre de River Plate!