River Plate 2012: La Vuelta a Primera? - News & Comments (R)

Discussion in 'River Plate' started by locoxriver, Jan 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. msi2

msi2 Member

Aug 15, 2008
    Paris, FRANCE
    Well dont exagerate, the team is playing terrible at least as far as i'm concerned. Trezeguet otoh... Now that's a World Class striker.

EDIT: Ugh no more stream...

2. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  3. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Jesus christ.. you guys already know I don't like Vella, but he makes my dislike for him grow even more every game he plays. Not only is he useless in defense, but he's lucky to not have a yellow, if not a red. Que boludo..

4. Steazy McCloud

Feb 13, 2012
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    no one I think is playing horrible ar far as my eyes tell me, but no one spectacularly either. Nice to see Sanchez return to better play after a few bad weeks. But Ive also been drinking so who knows. Almeyda looks ready to tell someone to "kiss the rings" also.

and yeah Vella hasnt been good, but everyone else I have no complaints for. Actially the more I think of how much a non factor Alejandropan has been. Id like to see better close range passes from Sanchez, his long range balls in front of the goal look nice but from closer to the goal they could use more precision

5. Steazy McCloud

Feb 13, 2012
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  6. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  7. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Cavegol podria llegar a la altura del Enzo, el Beto, el burrito, y los demas grandes idolos? Para mi esta MUY CERCA

VAMOS CAVEGOL ************

VAMOS RIVER

8. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Ser de river es algo unico... Cada vez que ganamos un partido me siento como si ganaramos al barca de messi....

GRACIAS RIVER! GRACIAS FERNANDO!!!! GRACIAS DAVID!!!!!

9. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Atencion atencion ahora cavenaghi es borracho del taablon!!!!

10. Steazy McCloud

Feb 13, 2012
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    una temporada asi en la A y si un idolo.. y un campeonato en la A

otra vez gooooollllll

11. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Cave salio goleador en 2002 y gano tres campeonatos! ya es idolo... pero para mi podria llegar a la altura del enzo, amadeo, el beto, y los GRANDES de la historia

12. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62yHq84DJpk"]"Sólo le pido a Dios..." - Hinchada River Plate - YouTube[/ame]

13. Steazy McCloud

Feb 13, 2012
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    si, es diferente entre que el ya esta y la altura que queremos para el. si el nos lleve a la A y ganemos un campeonato Cavenaghi tendra su cara en la bandera de Pilar con los otros.

14. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    tenes razon... pero necesitamos un nuevo idolo... o quizas 3 :D... (Cave, 13, Chori)

Que alegria me das river gracias por todo!!!!!

15. Ron Mexico

Ron Mexico Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Great game. Ponzio was just brilliant. Such an amazing performance. Vella can go suck it. Not only was he lucky not to get tossed out of the game he also had cocky attitude despite his piss poor performance. What was the reason Almeyda benched Abecasis? His idea of a sick joke?!!

16. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Abecasis was actually unavailable for this game due to injury (again), but I agree that Vella was just plain horrible. I would have looked for other options..

17. la saeta rubia

Aug 1, 2010
    Argentina/España
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Vella was awful but he wasnt alone.Lets be honest Diaz or Dominguez werent any better.Ponzio,Trezeguet and Cavenaghi were all superb.Ocampos did ok but the pibe I think could do with a little break maybe two weeks off.Its very hard at 17 playing week in week out and now also in the sub 20.
    Anyway three more points.Nothibg else matters.

18. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yeah, if you check my posts during the game I was critical of Chori as well.. As for Diaz, I'm surprised: I actually thought this was one of his most solid games in River.

The thing with Vella is that this isn't anything new -- it's the same thing every time he plays. At least Chori and Ocampos have good games. El tano, on the other hand, is our right-side version of Arano.

19. megamac20817

megamac20817 Member+

Jul 9, 2005
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    ...Vella wasn't that bad, guys :confused:

Sure, he got away with a couple of reckless tackles, but he was, at the very worst, average. He didn't do anything to deserve being called "terrible" in the last match -- keeping in mind that he wasn't the one who lost his mark when Estevez headed alone in the penalty box. R. Funes Mori, on the other hand, did have an awful game -- barely did anything, and most of what he did was lose possession.

20. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Chori didn't have a good game, but his pass on Cave's 1st goal is what sets him apart. He's the only guy on the team who can make that pass

Ramiro FUnes Mori was i agree megamac pretty damn bad. Its time for Pezzella as a full time starter... what did FM6 ever do to leap frog him in the depth chart? Its really baffling to me

21. megamac20817

megamac20817 Member+

Jul 9, 2005
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    They probably want to sell FM6 ASAP, and keep Pezzella and Gonzalez Pires for the long term.

22. msi2

msi2 Member

Aug 15, 2008
    Paris, FRANCE
    Really? :confused:
    I didnt see the same game. I thought he was OK but not nearly as bad as you made it. Now one who had a truly a terrible game was Chori and definitively the one who lost possession countless of time, not only breaking every dangerous action that could have been built from his passes but he exposed constantly Ponzio, both CB, Ocampos and Sanchez who had to track back for his lost balls. Despite his assist to Cavenaghi's first goal, i wouldnt give him more than a 3/10 for his whole task during the game. Just plain terrible.

Overall though i'm not pleased at all with the display of the team. One has to ask what the hell Almeyda and his technical staff is doing everyweek because now, we have done more than half of the tournament and despite our victories, noone can say with a straight face, we play well... very reliant on any individual brilliance of our players and not much more.

How come for example, there isnt any associations built between Ocampos and JMDiaz, one-two or things like that? Things that could help to create more surprises in our attacks, instead of passing through the center because of the lack of width. Ocampos is another issue. The kid was a natural striker that Almeyda brought back to the midfield. Fine. Now what El Pelado has to do with him is to teach him basic conceptual things like making diagonal runs to the adverse box taking by surprise his opponents, closing his space to the center of the field and not being always on the touch line etc etc... Right now Ocampos relies mostly on his physical condition to make the difference. Obviously and especially at such young age, he has ups and downs.
    Sanchez, the same issue and probably why he's performing subpar right now.
    Also, notice how mcuh space there is between our lines making our team stretches all over the field and very vulnerable to counter attacks.

23. la saeta rubia

Aug 1, 2010
    Argentina/España
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    [QUOTE
    Also, notice how mcuh space there is between our lines making our team stretches all over the field and very vulnerable to counter attacks.[/QUOTE]

A defect we have suffered for a decade at this stage.This is where the lack of precision in passing really kills us against any team with a cutting edge.
    I too worry about Ocampos who seems to be losing some of his form.As you say he needs to develop his game.As well I think a week or two rest would do him good for the run in.

24. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Almeyda should consider alternating Villalva for him every now and then.. Keko has done just as good as Ocampos (if not better) the times he was given an opportunity, IMO.

25. la saeta rubia

Aug 1, 2010
    Argentina/España
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I agree Villalva deserves his chance.Another who will never show his true form without some.continuity is Maestrico who plays very well for Venezuela