River Plate 2012: La Vuelta a Primera? - News & Comments (R)

Discussion in 'River Plate' started by locoxriver, Jan 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. la saeta rubia

Aug 1, 2010
    Argentina/España
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    ditto gracias

2. Steazy McCloud

Feb 13, 2012
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Im gonna come out and say it, this loss is on Almeyda. If there was ever a game that would tell you its time to start Pezzela and Gonzalez Pirez is was today. Very frustrating game to watch, but theres good and bad to take from this one. Ill have more once I have more time.

3. la saeta rubia

Aug 1, 2010
    Argentina/España
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yhea wonderful game for neutrals but how awful was that?
    Lets start with the arquero.
    Un desastre total simplemente no es un jugador de River.the first goal juvenile, a penalty he should have given away no control of his area un desastre.
    If we get out of this quilombo in the winter Romero o Andujar si o si
    Defence did it exist.Unbelievable from start to finish we were overrun.
    Volantes sin idea sin pausa sin inteligencia
    Delanteros Gracias a Dios por Trezeguet.Cavenaghi un heroe Riverplatense un gran definador pero un gordo perezozo que nunca ha llegado a su potencial.
    The truth Defensa y Justicia deserved to win against a team who better have a serious look at themselves.

4. megamac20817

megamac20817 Member+

Jul 9, 2005
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Vega was at fault for the first goal, and only because that's what everyone expects -- it was a freak goal, and curved in a way that no one anticipated. Vega went to cut out a cross, and either wind or spin caused it turn in to a shot which then went in to the top corner: a shot would be damn near impossible to save there even head on. After that, Vega saved our asses on, by my count, three occasions, thus ensuring at least the point.

5. Steazy McCloud

Feb 13, 2012
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yeah I cant put too much on Vega because DyJ did whatever they wanted with the ball. The instance where Diego ********s kept bringing up how it should have been a penal. that ball just hangs around in front of the goal while 3 players just stand around looking at it with their thumbs in their asses while Vega has to get back up and deal with a ball that shouldnt be even around the goal by then. Just pitiful play from the back half, the only positive to take from the game was that offensively River was able to have their way too. This team should be padding their lead by now, not hoping for other teams to lose. Theres no excuse for this type of play anymore and if guys are gonna play the way they did then its up to Almeyda to put the best team out there and at the moment it doesnt feel like he is.

6. la saeta rubia

Aug 1, 2010
    Argentina/España
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    guys I respect your opinion perhaps Im wrong but for me Vega at no stage gave our defence security.Anything outside four metres from goal the DYJ forwards dominated.OK Maidana and Funes Mori didnt play well but zagueros need a solid arquero and we dont have IMO

7. Ron Mexico

Ron Mexico Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    It's easy to blame the keeper but Vega just had no control in inside his area. The defense didn't help by falling asleep in set pieces. On the positive side Trezeguet was good. If it weren't for his world class skills as a striker we should've lost.

Quilmes tied and Instituto choked so getting a point away from El monumental is great. This game could've ended badly but it didn't. Our boys should just learn from their mistakes and move on and focus on beating Deportivo Merlo.

8. ElMuneco

ElMuneco Member

Jun 27, 2004
    Encinitas, CA
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    It's done, it's over, time to move on and focus on Merlo. Am I the only one that want's to see Trez-Cav-Chori play together??

Also, I think people are forgetting that even earning second place will gain automatic promotion back to the Primera. For me, I could care less if we came in first or second, as long as we gained automatic promotion back to the Primera, then I'm content.

One more thing, I read that Telechea from Quilmes broke his leg so that ought to slow Quilmes down a bit in their push for one of the automatic promotion spots.

9. Ron Mexico

Ron Mexico Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I think most people know that the top two will gain automatic promotion but we know that if River doesn't finish as campeón then they will be heavily criticized by the media, the bosteros and the anti-passarella fans. To think that one of the most prestigious clubs in America can't be cameòn en la B is outrageous. But in my opinion I'm with Muñeco I don't care as long we're back were we belong.

As for Telechea being out it will make things easier for us on both competitions. It will hopefully slow them down in the league and since they could be our next rival in the copa Argentina.

10. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    [​IMG]

http://www.ole.com.ar/river-plate/futbol/Merlo-Real-Madrid_0_662334121.html

CRACK! Let's not forget that this is the same guy who scored the golden goal in the final of the 2000 Euro Cup and also has a World Cup + ten club titles to his name. He clearly knows what adrenaline, pressure, and passion are, yet nothing else tops wearing la banda over your chest.

11. LaFuriaNolan

LaFuriaNolan Member

Jan 11, 2009
    Montréal
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I've been very happy with Trezeguet so far, it's great to see he still has passion left after such a career.

12. la saeta rubia

Aug 1, 2010
    Argentina/España
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The summer signings have so far been excellent.Ponzio and Trezeguet.I am.with you guys first or second who cares as long as we are back in primera.The media or Bosteros who cares about them.We will have plenty of time to sort them out when the ONLY thing that matters in 2012 is achieved.

13. Steazy McCloud

Feb 13, 2012
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    obviously at the end of the day it doesnt matter how they get promoted. But I would just prefer to see some domination, I want to see them play games that make it look like these teams have no buisness taking the field with them.

14. la saeta rubia

Aug 1, 2010
    Argentina/España
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Dont we all but every game against River for many of these teams is a final the big game of their history so it isnt easy.

15. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I don't quite get how Almeyda thinks putting Sanchez, an attacking midfielder, at right back will improve our defense. I know he played there a few times at Godoy Cruz, but it is far from his best position

Very sad to see Maidana and Ramiro Funes Mori back in the line up together. They haven't gelled at all. JM Diaz hasn't been playing well either, but he's our only option.

Its the time of Pezzella and Pirez. Pezzella has started 3 games for River and we have yet to give up a goal. Obviously two of these games were against lower level teams, but against Quilmes he did well. Maidana is not the same player for some reason, and Funes Mori just isn't that good. I just don't get why Almeyda doesn't like Pezzella as much as FM6... HE's also so much classier on the ball. I like G. Pirez, though he tends to just hit long balls, almost all of them off target

Vega should not be started either. I admit he had some good saves against DyJ, but he was a disaster on every cross and and he committed a clear penalty that wasn't called. Would prefer Chichi... not saying chichi didn't make mistakes, but he is younger with room to grow. Vega at almost 28 is unlikely to ever improve. He'll be below average to average his whole career. We need a goalie in the off season

Sad to see Cirigliano taken out. I would have taken out sanchez. Its been a while since he's contributed anything positive. He didn't have enough huevos to shoot last game and went for the dive... ultimately cost us the 3 points and he can't hit a cross to save his life.

My ideal team based on current form (when everyone is back healthy)

----------------Chichi
    Abacasis---Pezz----Pirez----Diaz
    ----Ponzio------Ciri-----Ocampos
    --------------Chori
    ---------13guet---FC9

16. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    From what I understand Vella will be starting as a right back instead.. I don't know which option is worse. :eek:

BTW, I'm glad to see you around again.. it's been a while.

17. Steazy McCloud

Feb 13, 2012
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I just dont understand what Maidana, Funes More, and even Diaz have done to keep being thrown out there. Ugh. and we cant be too quick to forget Sanchez' play for most of this last season, up until his early red against Independiente de Mendoza.

but really if it came down to it, I would be perfectly fine and dandy with the lineup you drew up mr Gaucho.

18. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I like that line up very much. It should be obvious to anyone Pezzella oozes class. Don't know how Almeyda doesn't. :(

19. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Do I have a fever or something or is Ponzio actually becoming one of my favorite players????

20. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Chori has been a complete disaster so far.. Ocampos has been playing very poorly too, but at least he's not committing as many mistakes as Dominguez.

(Vella has been horrible as well, but that's expected) :eek:

21. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    me thinks chori has been eating a few too many choripans and drinking a few too many quilmes... but his class will come through. just don't bring in FM9

22. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  23. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Que crack.. este tipo tiene TODAS las condiciones necesarias para ser idolo en River. Que siga asi!

24. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Con este equipo mas uno o dos refuerzos ganamos el apertura. VAMOS ************!!!!!!

GRANDE DAVID!!! GRANDE LEO!!!! GRANDE CAVE!!!!!! GRANDEEE CHORI!!!!

VAMOS RIVER LA ******** MADRE!!!!

25. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    By the way I just noticed, the 2 highest scoring foreigners for Juventus are both current or ex- River players... David y Sivori, for those who don't know the man the popular and the platea below are named after (QEPD)