Rivalries

Discussion in 'Scotland' started by Toon³, Oct 7, 2005.

1. Norn_Iron_Man

Norn_Iron_Man BigFootball Member

Apr 11, 2006
    Conlig, Co. Down
    Re: Rangers and Celtic Rivalries

I hope that there can be some good banter on the board as well. If I had one suggestion to BobbyBoy is that he back up some of the stuff he says. He seems to be the "king of he one line answers" and doesn't explain what he means so you can't even have a go at him regarding football.

Other than that I couldn't find any unflattering pictures of Celtic supporters....because apparantly they all look like Colin Farrel.....yeah right, lol.

2. bobbybhoy2003

bobbybhoy2003 New Member

Nov 2, 2004
    Columbus

sure I'm uglyer then Colin but not by much:D

3. Norn_Iron_Man

Apr 11, 2006
    Conlig, Co. Down

Fair Point then Mate! I look more like Will Farrel, lol

4. bobbybhoy2003

bobbybhoy2003 New Member

Nov 2, 2004
    Columbus

...Will's a better actor.....

5. mcoconnor8390

mcoconnor8390 New Member

Apr 26, 2007

the thing is that celtic have the big cup and rthe huns never ever ever will
    celtic may one day pass the huns in league titles but the huns will never win the big cup

6. Norn_Iron_Man

Apr 11, 2006
    Conlig, Co. Down

40 years ago this year. It is totally unrealistic that Either team could do it in the Current Champions League set up.

7. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN

I see there is no mention of the SFA Youth Cup Final this year...

8. Norn_Iron_Man

Apr 11, 2006
    Conlig, Co. Down

Oh Five-O, and not Hawaii Five-O:eek:

Check out the Highlights From Sky Sports

At least Rangers have won some silverware this Year.

9. celtic76

celtic76 Member

Aug 30, 2001
    WI USA
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic

What a trounceing. Who was our keeper he was horrific.:confused:

10. mcoconnor8390

mcoconnor8390 New Member

Apr 26, 2007

i find it funny that the herald was cremeing themselves over cup win by rangers and yet gave ******** all press to the celtic u19s for the last 5 years
    :rolleyes:

11. Gordon EF

Gordon EF Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 15, 2004
    Edinburgh

Aye, orange bastards eh?

I find it funny that Queens Park are constantly picked for 'game of the week' in the 3rd division reports every Monday, especially if they're at Hampden.

It's all a conspiracy I tells ya.

12. celtic76

celtic76 Member

Aug 30, 2001
    WI USA
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic

I think you have better odds at winning the lottery however teams like PSV,Porto, and Lyon have been able to go pretty deep into the current setup and I believe we are par with clubs like these. So there is some glimmer of hope.

13. Norn_Iron_Man

Apr 11, 2006
    Conlig, Co. Down

I totally agree with your point, I believe that Celtic should have gone farther then they did this year, as AC Milan should not have progressed due to dodgy reffing at the San Serio, in which case, I believe that Celtic would have had a very reasonable chance at Man U, especially with the flat performance yesterday. I find it interesting that a Large number of Man U fans say that they would support Liverpool in the Final as they are an English team dispite their rivalry. I wonder if that would be true of Ranger's supporters and how Ranger's supporters felt about the European Cup 40 years ago. I was of the strong opinion that if Celtic could have gotten to the Final and Ranger's to the UEFA cup final then that would have brought in the Sponsorship and T.V. interest that would bring back scottish football.

Speaking of which, who is the sponsor going to be now? has anybody heard anything?

14. Gordon EF

Gordon EF Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 15, 2004
    Edinburgh

Arguably, Celtic (and therefore Rangers too) do have the potential to match these type of clubs. Celtic are not as good as the best incarnations of these 3 sides from the past 5 years so it is one thing just to achieve that. And even if Celtic could acheive that, you're looking at having to defeat, probably, 4 (or 3 at least) top European sides packed with world class players, over two-legs.

It's just not going to happen. Porto was an exceptional circumstance and even then, probably still a fluke.

Celtic cannot win the Champions League. Give into reality.

15. celtic76

celtic76 Member

Aug 30, 2001
    WI USA
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic

I believe we should have beaten Milan to but I am not going to pout about it. Are achievements this season have been quite fair considering are lack of consistancy in the area of strikers and a piece meal of defence. I agree with you Sponsorship and T.V. scenario i think it would have helped greatly. I think teams like the Hibs, Hearts and Dons need to branch out more and play top flight clubs in the big leagues as well as high growth countries in the east and state side to increase awarness not only in themselves but in the league in general. Haven't heard anything on the sponsor.

16. celtic76

celtic76 Member

Aug 30, 2001
    WI USA
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic

I agree, but we have done more with less imo this round so i hope the addition of a new striker and playmaker in the midfield will help. I will never assimilate! Hail Hail

17. sixroadends22

sixroadends22 BigRangers Supporter

May 2, 2007
    Belfast

I agree with Gordan EF, simply because even if Celtic had a striker and a midfield playmaker (ex. Drogba and Gerrard) they still wouldn't win the Champions League. Same as Rangers. Not that Rangers and Celtic are not good teams just because of the way the whole thing is set up. I was listening to Radio 606 and a person made the point that the Uefa Cup is not interesting anymore and the way the Champions League is set up Champions don't necessilary win the Champions League. They should set it up so the Champions play in like an Elite 16 and the Champions League becomes the Uefa Cup. This way scottish teams could have an oppurtunity to win some silverware out of scotland.:)

18. celtic76

celtic76 Member

Aug 30, 2001
    WI USA
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic

You had my attention till Radio 606 then it waviered. :p

19. sixroadends22

May 2, 2007
    Belfast

What have you got against Radio 606

20. sixroadends22

May 2, 2007
    Belfast

What have you got against Radio 606?:eek:

21. sokaymckay

sokaymckay New Member

Apr 30, 2007
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

When was the last time c3ltic lost 2 in a row?

22. sixroadends22

May 2, 2007
    Belfast

I don't know off the top of my head..... if i looked it up I could find the answer. Whats yer point?

23. Norn_Iron_Man

Apr 11, 2006
    Conlig, Co. Down

The last time Rangers won 2 in a row is November 2004, one in the league and one in the cup. The Last time Celtic won 2 in a row was November 2005 one in the league and one in the cup.

24. mcoconnor8390

mcoconnor8390 New Member

Apr 26, 2007

they also couldn't get to the Uefa Cup final:D

25. sixroadends22

May 2, 2007
    Belfast

Aren't you a Celtic supporter? Why are you saying that Celtic couldn't get to the Uefa cup final and then putting a :D after words? I'm a Rangers supporter and I think both Rangers and Celtic could make it to the Uefa Cup final.