Riquelme vs Kaka vs Ronaldinho

Discussion in 'Argentinos Abroad' started by Lspence, Oct 19, 2007.

1. phil80

phil80 Member

Aug 25, 2007
    Handful does not imply one, and you know it doesnt.
    The top players need to perform in Europe if they want to be compared to the greats, that's just the way it is in football today. One season and one CL with Villareal does not cut it.

2. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Here there and everywhere.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Actually two seasons, a CL and an Intertoto. But since we are talking careers let's also include a South American POY, three Libertadores and a very impressive win against Real Madrid in the club championship. The whole Europe thing doesn't carry much weight with me when I see a CL team getting beaten up 8-0. I'll give you that the top leagues are the exception but as a whole European futbol is no different than in South America and for that reason and the fact that European teams cannot dominate head to head match-ups tell me something.

3. BigSoccer Bot

BigSoccer Bot I am not real.

Feb 25, 2005
    News:

"Me gustaría recibir el Balón de Oro", confesó Kaká, el delantero brasileño del Milan, de Italia. Sobre las versiones periodísticas que lo dan como el gran candidato, comentó: "Es una bellísima señal". La fiesta de gala será en París, el próximo 2 de diciembre.

More...

4. Volrath

Volrath Member

Jun 28, 2007
    As far as I'm concerned, Riquelme performed and proved himself time and time again at the highest level against proven top teams like Real, Barça and Inter. You can't deny that.

5. phil80

phil80 Member

Aug 25, 2007
    I'm not denying he has proved himself, just not to the extent of Ronaldinho, Zidane.

6. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    No grudge at all. As for his impact at Barcelona, the catalyst to their rise to success was the loan of Edgar Davids.

7. BigSoccer Bot

BigSoccer Bot I am not real.

Feb 25, 2005
    News: Quieren a Riquelme para el Mundial de Clubes

More...