Alert: RIP Vipers 2010-2011

Discussion in 'Pro Indoor Soccer' started by cardshopmd, Oct 16, 2011.

1. cardshopmd

cardshopmd Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

who ever made this thank you i just could not stop laughing

2. Rich P

Rich P Member

Dec 12, 2001
    Cleveland, OH
    OK, Sparky...this is funny for what reason? Remember, you're always an inch away from your team folding.

Stay classy, for once.

3. wsls9999

wsls9999 Member

Aug 15, 2006
    Salisbury, MD
    Wow, his name is Sparky?

4. Blastnut2

Blastnut2 Member

Feb 25, 2008
    I don't disagree with the premise of your post, I don't like it when anyone mocks a folded team that people are still emotionally invested with. As far as the rest of your message, physician heal thyself.

5. IndoorSoccerNews

Nov 28, 2010
    Maryland
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought it was pretty funny too, not in the way of "ripping" the team (are/were there even any Vipers fans on this board?) but just out of the obvious reason they weren't going to make it this season

BTW guys - I heard Ferris was one penny short of putting the team together. Why didn't you guys chip in and buy some stock?

6. cardshopmd

cardshopmd Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    its just sad all the way around playes have still not been paid from last season

7. OmaHawkeye

OmaHawkeye New Member

Feb 16, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    "(are/were there even any Vipers fans on this board?)"

One.

8. IndoorSoccerNews

Nov 28, 2010
    Maryland
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree - that situation isn't funny at all but the one in which Ferris was going to turn the team around by moving them to the PASL and selling it to the public as a gateway into the sports world was.

9. spinman

spinman Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Kansas City
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was surprised initially to see the Pasl Pro put out a release saying the Vipers were "Transferring" from the MISL to the Pasl Pro. It's no coincidence that it was announced the day the MISL owners and the USL was meeting in Tampa.

This is careless, to not do your homework on a potential ownership group. Also, it makes the teams that are doing a good job like San Diego and Anaheim look bad to their fan and corporate sponsor base.

Everybody around the game knew that Warren Ferris was a joke, telling people he was going to sell penny stocks to raise funds to run the team. It's sad that Milliken wouldn't hold league at a higher standard before just announcing something.