RIP David Robers

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by Kryptonite, Jan 28, 2020.

1. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I do not think I knew him, but a loss to our Crew family is a loss to us all.

the_rickler and Kryptonite repped this.
  3. jairadballerina

jairadballerina Member+

Sep 15, 2004
    C-Town
    I didn't know him personally but if I am connecting the dots then I coached against him in DSL a lot. Always wore a suit/hat on the sidelines...

4. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    His Facebook picture is of him in a suit/hat. I recall a few people wearing such at MegaTailgates. I wonder if he was one. Someone posted that his tickets were in the south corner.

All -- Here are ways to help, if you desire:

https://www.mealtrain.com/trains/ze78gd

https://www.gofundme.com/f/david-robers-memorial-fund

WhiteHartShame and Ch(Elsey) repped this.
  5. Draghignazzo

Draghignazzo Member+

Feb 24, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
  6. the_rickler

the_rickler Member+

Feb 9, 2013
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    He sat in the south west corner field level. The guy was an unforgettable person. Unfortunately, I never had the pleasure of meeting him but he definitely bled black and gold. His enthusiasm before kickoff was infectious and he was like in his own little Nordecke down there.

7. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  8. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So young. Terrible.

9. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  10. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Try to read that ABC story without your eyes getting a bit misty. And I did not know him.

Also, to Jim!

Indy83 and Kryptonite repped this.
  11. jairadballerina

jairadballerina Member+

Sep 15, 2004
    C-Town
    Also Dublin Soccer League is waiving entry fees for his daughters for the next few years. DSL was a big supporter of SaveTheCrew...glad we have partner organizations that care about soccer in this community.

Indy83, Kryptonite and catfish9 repped this.
  12. catfish9

catfish9 Member+

Jul 14, 2011
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Didn't know the dude and but this story really sticks with me. We have Nordecke & the many supporters groups who are very much ardent fans of the team but in that stadium there are many Crazy Dave's. People who have their own uniqueness and bring their own individual style, flair and energy to the games. In a way I feel like Dave represented them all. In a way I feel like he represented me, a non supporter group member - Just a season ticket holder in section 131 with my family and friends who is passionate about this sport and this team. I've even thought about wearing a suit and fedora hat to a game to show my respect for what he was and what he represented. So glad to see the team step up and show love and support to the family. You could tell how much it meant to them. Hopefully it eases the pain of their loss if not for just one afternoon.

13. the_rickler

the_rickler Member+

Feb 9, 2013
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    I never met the guy but you couldn’t miss him down there in the front row. His energy and presence was infectious. I couldn’t read the signs they were holding up at the opener but I did see several members of the FO walking up to them. It was an emotional experience just seeing them from where I was in section 119.

catfish9 and Indy83 repped this.