RioTinto Expansion

Discussion in 'Real Salt Lake' started by CrazyJ628, Jun 18, 2014.

1. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i know your point
    but the opponent should be a moot point if you have the demand to supposedly justify an expansion.

Reality is, IMO, that this stadium fits the demographic perfectly for the next 5-10 years.

2. PattysCow

PattysCow Member+

Apr 4, 2010
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    It all depends on how much money there is to be made. If the club is going to make significantly more money than they currently are with an expanded stadium, then it doesn't matter if SJ sales out. Here on the forum we tend to just look at numbers while the front office is looking at how much money they are getting. The point is moot because if RSL doesn't turn things around they won't even sale out the good games :p.

BalanceUT and 15 to 32 repped this.
  3. goobx1

goobx1 Member+

Jul 9, 2007
    Salt Lake
    I think that 5-10 years is generous. Put me in the camp of RSL never expanding Rio Tinto. Improving yes, expanding no.

4. SenordrummeR2

SenordrummeR2 Member+

Jul 21, 2008
    Layton, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not going to lie, I was at the Avengers on Friday night. I chose seeing a free movie over watching the game. Can't say I'm really upset about missing it either.

5. PattysCow

PattysCow Member+

Apr 4, 2010
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Soccer is growing rapidly in popularity, and isn't the population of SLC projected to more than double in the next 30ish years? I'm certain Rio Tinto, in its current state, will eventually be too small.

6. RoyalNonesuch

RoyalNonesuch Member+

May 10, 2009
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good, because we may be waiting for an infinity before we put a stone in the net.

Too bad the AR is no Hawkeye and saw a 'pass' where none existed...as Wondolowski, like Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch, was on the wrong side at the start.

Ah screw it, these jokes are Thorrible. That Nonesuch chick, we should Banner from the forums.

Ivensor, acima, DrownedElf and 1 other person repped this.
  7. Taragui

Taragui Member+

Aug 13, 2006
    Northern Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Bring back negative rep!

UPinSLC repped this.
  8. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake