Rio 2016 Olympic Games Tickets

Discussion in 'FIFA and Tournaments' started by skubaman, Apr 30, 2015.

1. skubaman

skubaman Member

Jun 7, 2010
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Hi, I looked for a olympic tickets specific forum or thread but did not find one. Today is the last day of first phase of ticket sales. Does anyone know if the olympics are pretty much like WC in regards to selling/trading tickets? What I mean is if they really care to check the names in the tickets against the person entering the stadiums?

Who here is going down to BR for the football games?

Thanks

2. soccer_23

soccer_23 Member

Feb 6, 2014
    At the past two Olympics (London and Sochi), there were no names printed on the tickets. So that shouldn't be a problem.

I don't know what Rio's plan is regarding reselling tickets. For Sochi, there was an official way to resell tickets through the website, but you had to mail the tickets to Moscow before they would be listed for resale. I ended up selling or giving away my few extras once I was in Sochi. For London, I don't think there was an official online platform. But I definitely saw a few people in London selling soccer tickets, even though it's technically illegal in the UK.

The ticket deadline yesterday was only for tickets on the Rio 2016 website (and strictly speaking only open to Brazilian residents at this point). If you live in the US, Canada, or some other countries, you can still apply for tickets through Cosport until Monday (May 4th) at 2pm.

I'm going to Rio, though with so many other events going on soccer actually won't be too high on my list (I also spent the entire World Cup in Brazil). I would like to another match at Maracana though.

3. skubaman

skubaman Member

Jun 7, 2010
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    On the ticket guide it says you can return the tickets and get full face value refund. Better than WC! I am Brazilian so I applied yesterday to 9 different events. Will see what happens. Thanks

4. soccer_23

soccer_23 Member

Feb 6, 2014
    Good to know - that 10% resale fee that FIFA took was pretty ridiculous. Good luck!

5. Imran520

Imran520 New Member

May 19, 2015
    Club:
    AC Ancona
    What is the price of ticket?

6. roka2

roka2 New Member

Dec 9, 2013
    Club:
    Fluminense Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    At this point in time, price varies according to where you live. It is not like the World Cup with a single global sales platform.

You have to look up in the link below the Authorised ticket reseller in your country of residence and follow its instructions.

http://www.rio2016.com/en/take-part/spectators

7. rooboy91

rooboy91 Member

Apr 25, 2007
    Perth, Australia
    Club:
    Perth Glory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Some of the ticket prices are a bit ridiculous, particularly for some of the more obscure sports.

8. TexasNomad

TexasNomad Member

Mar 14, 2014
    I got lucky and struck GOLD.

Did anyone else get any soccer match tickets yet to the Olympics?

I applied through the USA portal with CoSport both times and didn't get any tickets to soccer matches. Utilized my family connections in Brazil and applied through 3 different family accounts on the Brazil site with Brazil family addresses and credit cards. One of the Brazil accounts won the lottery and I got 3 tickets to the Gold Medal Match on Aug. 20, 2016 at Maracana Stadium…but did not get any tickets to any other matches (I did get some to other events, just not soccer). Feeling very fortunate…went to the World Cup Final last year, next year Olympic Gold Medal Match…both at Maracana.

USA Site CoSport.com did not offer soccer matches in the 2nd round of application, only the first. Didn't know if anyone got them then or not. Suspect they are holding all of them for their Special Hospitality VIP options. They should open up ticket sales on a first-come-first-served basis in the future, dates not posted yet…and will likely depend on what they are allotted.

Rubens Takashi repped this.
  9. mrtandy

mrtandy Member

Oxford United
    England
    Mar 12, 2003
    Banbury,Oxfordshire.
    Club:
    Oxford United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    All my London 2012 tickets had my name printed on them, not that anyone asked me for ID at the games.

10. roka2

roka2 New Member

Dec 9, 2013
    Club:
    Fluminense Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I applied and was awarded tickets for 3 people in two non soccer events in the Brazil lottery. At no point in the process I was asked names of my guests, unlike during the WC application process.

About soccer tickets: one friend got men's semi in Rio. Another got 2 women's first round matches in São Paulo. Both in Brazil lottery first phase. Second phase applications start July 1, results out in August.

11. rooboy91

rooboy91 Member

Apr 25, 2007
    Perth, Australia
    Club:
    Perth Glory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Did anyone using Cosports see any football tickets in the second round?

12. TexasNomad

TexasNomad Member

Mar 14, 2014
    NO. No football tickets were offered at all in 2nd round by Cosport. They were listed in 1st round, have not heard of anyone getting any in that round from Cosport. Mine came via Brazil portal. I will try again in 2nd round of Brazil phase, but only those who opened account and tried in 1st phase in Brazil are allowed to submit in 2nd round there.

13. djkix

djkix Member

Aug 1, 2006
    I went to 2006 and 2014 WC and also 2008 and 2012 Olympic games. All tickets have name printed on them. Either some individual's name or some group name like some corporate sponsor name. That said, when you enter the stadium, they will scan your tickets but not check your ID. So as long as you have a valid ticket, you will get in.

As for scalping, it happens a lot right outside the stadium before the game. I saw the most scalping go on during the Beijing Olympics... at London Olympics though, almost none. Some scalping going on at 2006 and 2014 WC. If you go to the events without tickets, you can always buy scalped tix but be prepared to pay up. Also, check the local Craigslist. I bought a ticket in Beijing via the Beijing CL... I just had to meet the person outside a train station.

14. rooboy91

rooboy91 Member

Apr 25, 2007
    Perth, Australia
    Club:
    Perth Glory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Just need to be careful you don't do it in front of a military police officer like some people in Brazil.

15. rooboy91

rooboy91 Member

Apr 25, 2007
    Perth, Australia
    Club:
    Perth Glory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    There are some football tickets available on the Australian Cosport site.

16. McSkillz

McSkillz Member+

ANGEL CITY FC, UCLA BRUINS
    United States
    Nov 22, 2014
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  17. Rubens Takashi

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Feb 22, 2014
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I`m from Brazil and I could get the Maracanã semifinal and Gold Medal matches in both men`s and women`s soccer tournament.

It was less difficult than hitting basketball or volleyball semifinals and finals during the Rio2016 ticket ballot.

TexasNomad repped this.
  18. rooboy91

rooboy91 Member

Apr 25, 2007
    Perth, Australia
    Club:
    Perth Glory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    The availability seems to fluctuate day to day.

Rubens Takashi and TexasNomad repped this.
  19. TexasNomad

TexasNomad Member

Mar 14, 2014
    www.cosport.com just got a big ticket drop today…right now for many sports (but not Opening or Closing Ceremony). Tickets available for Mens and Women's soccer games…including Men's Gold Medal Match…do not know how long they will last. NOTE: The exchange rate has changed dramatically recently making the US Dollar much stronger than the Brazil Real…about 1USD to 3.48 BRL right now…however, the COSPORT website had predetermined to keep the rate of exchange at 1USD to 2.35BRL…so if you buy via USA website instead of Brazil website…you are getting pillaged and plundered on the exchange…however you are getting tickets in hand for the current "FACE VALUE" according to the USA official vendor, Cosport. Good luck.

Rubens Takashi and rooboy91 repped this.
  20. Clint Clovis

Clint Clovis New Member

Oct 19, 2015
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Tomorrow will start what they call as "direct sale" or something like it. The draw phases (1 and 2) are closed. Now its time to remember and relive WC tickets battle...

I've been selected for Men's Basketball Final and Men's Football Semifinal @MARACANA. I also have tickets for Men and Women's Volleyball Quarterfinals.

Now I really hope that tickets for Tennis Finals and Swimming could be available since form tomorrow... Thats what I'm looking for.

Football tickets aren't hard to get, as the event's demand is known by other kinds of public, also by the big capacity of the football stadiums.

Does anyone coming to Rio 2016?

See ya
    Clint Clovis

thedragonrik58 repped this.
  21. rooboy91

rooboy91 Member

Apr 25, 2007
    Perth, Australia
    Club:
    Perth Glory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    #21 rooboy91, Oct 19, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2015
    The sale periods vary depending on the reseller. Which site is that?

22. Petersonnn

Petersonnn Member+

Jan 7, 2016
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Can you buy tickets successfully now? I had 5 successful payments but from now on I cannot buy anything via my VISA card. The message says that my bank didn't let it through but I talked to my bank and they told me everything was fine. Maybe they thought I bought too many tickets in a short period of time and they blocked my future purchases? Anyone else had the same issue?

23. TexasNomad

TexasNomad Member

Mar 14, 2014
    Anyone looking for Tickets? due to some cancellations I have 4 Women's Olympic Gold Medal Match tickets, 4 Men's Semi-Finals and 5 (3 and 2) tickets to Men's Gold Medal Match. All at cost. Let me know if anyone interested. Tickets in Hand in Texas. Thanks.

24. rooboy91

rooboy91 Member

Apr 25, 2007
    Perth, Australia
    Club:
    Perth Glory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Which semi final?

25. skubaman

skubaman Member

Jun 7, 2010
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Hi,

I wasn't sure in which forum to post this. I am looking for 2 tickets for the mens final. I can purchase and/or can also thrown in womens final, and I also have mens semi final.

Please let me know

Thanks