Riding the Ceballos Train to Cibeles - The Dani Ceballos Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by madridista_hr, Jul 14, 2017.

1. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He'll say Ceballos is a great young player and his time will come. The way it actually is.
    Isco was practically signing the contract and people were acting like he'll leaving because Zidane dislikes him. To keep the forum happy we'd have to play 20 players on the pitch.

2. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    The point isn't that he should be getting significant mins. That was never a realistic scenario this season and I was the first to say that. I was even against his purchase because of that. Point is that when we are not doing well and we have an option on the bench, why not try that option rather than continuously doing the same thing over and over again. Perhaps it doesn't work either. But you'll know until you try.

Zidane is sometimes too rigid in his methods. We bought this player and he wasn't all the cheap. If the team is doing well and firing on all cylinders of course you shouldn't force a player into the system just to give him mins but when the team is as disjointed as its been in years then maybe trying out a few things might be a good option.

3. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He cost us practically nothing for modern market standards. We didn't sign him for a few months, we signed him for years. People would have huge worries we'd lose out on Asensio who is now practically playing every week.

4. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    That's not my point though. Lol.

5. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The point is? Drop Modric? Ceballos could have played more here and there, but the people playing now were widely accepted as the best midfield in the business 5 months ago.

6. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Jesus..... no one is saying our midfield sucks or drop Modric or drop Kroos and sell Casemiro. Just taking Modric as an example, he should have definitely come off on Sunday. And replacing him with Ceballos would have given us a different look. Ceballos was doing great against these La Liga teams last season without much help. But Zidane is too rigid and seems to not rely on Ceballos for whatever reason. The whole world knows our tactics in the last 20mins when we need a goal. It would be OK if it was working but its not. That's befuddling.

-Reivax- and Lyra repped this.
  7. -Reivax-

-Reivax- Member+

Aug 10, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I agree with Shay. Ceballos deserves an opportunity.

Shay Z repped this.
  8. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Huge talent, needs to be playing more. He offers something different from our current midfield starters and frankly I don't understand bringing players like Lucas and sacrificing the midfield when Dani could be a better fit.

9. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    S1na repped this.
  10. Halycon

Halycon Member+

Aug 24, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    930557523819712513 is not a valid tweet id

Outstanding in each Spain game, give him more minutes already. Im tired of Casemiro, Kova when he is back and Ceballos deserve more minutes. Our only games were we dominated was with Kovacic (Messi was nowhere to be seen). Isco, Ceballos/Kova, Kroos, Modric is a sick midfield.

Ahmadi8 repped this.
  11. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nah,Casemiro is needed. Not always but he is. Lucas however isn't. It's inexcusable that Kova and Ceballos watch Lucas be the first one to come of the bench.

12. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    We should have benched Modric for Ceballos.

Not Casemiro.

Anon. and Shay Z repped this.
  13. RaMaaa

RaMaaa Member+

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    only fool will say this about Casemiro. he is vital part.

14. Halycon

Halycon Member+

Aug 24, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Casemiro isnt needed in 90% of our games. We smashed farca with KOVACIC, casemiro isnt flexible enough even fcking Delle Ali was running circles around him

15. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Modric was the one not needed in our last games because he was shit. Same could be said for Kroos in the last two.

Should have benched Modric for Ceballos.

16. Halycon

Halycon Member+

Aug 24, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I am not talking about last matches, you want to judge Modric based against Girona? You saw him play against Greece? Was godly again. Most ideal midfield is Isco, Kroos, Modric and Kovacic.

17. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Either one of Kroos or Modric would be seeing more bench time if we were going on merit. Modric is playing too many minutes given his age and national team duties, Kroos just needs to show a little more ambition for me. I'd really like to see more attempts from distance from both but especially Kroos and with Kroos in particular he needs to be willing to take a card and shut out the counter at times.

18. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Dude has a scoring touch, I want to see him in that Isco role once in a while, but I also like to see Asensio there.

temesgen and Los Merengues repped this.
  19. Los Merengues

Los Merengues Member

Dec 7, 2004
    California
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Clearly Celallos needs more minutes, probably at the expense of Lucas or to give Modric/Kroos a rest. As several have mentioned, he brings a scoring threat from the midfield in a season that we are struggling to find goal scorers. Hoping ZZ rewards him with more minutes as the season goes on.

Saeta Rubia and temesgen repped this.
  20. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    #145 robnycus, Nov 15, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2017
    Let's put this into perspective. The entire team got spanked by Tottenham..not just Casemiro.
    Luka and Kroos were even worse on that match.
    Kroos had 0 tackles, 0 interceptions, 0 clearances, 0 blocked shots, 0 Key passes, 0 shots on target.

temesgen and Zidane05 repped this.
  21. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Yup true, and he was moved to CB which he's not suited for.

That said, Kovacic showed me a lot in a very limited time at DM. I think it's an option worth exploring.

madridista_hr repped this.
  22. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    It would limit him to go forward. Zidane likes to play with a clear defined DM and restricting him to that role can hinder his development, unless he becomes Redondo #2.

23. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    I don't think so. If you notice Casemiro about midway through last season, he got tons of freedom to move forward and a lot of times was playing higher up the pitch than Kroos/Modric when we were holding the ball. He would make a trailing run into the box a lot of times. Kovacic is a different kind of player, he's more dangerous with the ball on his feet. I think playing him deeper just gives him more space to make those runs from deep. It's playing with fire though, because at one point he is going to lose the ball in a deep position and it will likely result in a goal. But it's a benefit outweighing the risk scenario.

S1na and Shay Z repped this.
  24. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    I don't understand the free pass Kroos is getting. He does a lot very well but he could take his game to another level if he provided more both defensively and offensively. Needs to shoot more and needs to get stuck in at times.

25. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    I don't give a shit how these players perform on their NT when they aren't mirroring that performance with the club.

He has been shit for some weeks now. Should have been benched for Ceballos.

How he performed against Greece changes none of that.