Riding the Ceballos Train to Cibeles - The Dani Ceballos Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by madridista_hr, Jul 14, 2017.

1. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Who are those guys? :)

Deep Pal repped this.
  2. yoanaidarov

yoanaidarov Member+

Real Madrid
    Bulgaria
    Sep 29, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
    Asensio, Vallejo, Ceballos, Llorente and Mayoral. 1/2 of the Spanish U21 team plays for us lol.

Deep Pal, S1na and Excape Goat repped this.
  3. RM or None

RM or None Member

Sep 2, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  4. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    This guy seems to be best friends with Ronaldo . This has to be the first time that I see someone get friendly with Ronaldo so fast. Heard someone comment that Ceballos is arrogant and plays with impudent confidence or something like that. Guess who is also like that ?:D

He has players like Modrić,Kroos (Kova & Isco too) to learn passing and things like that from. Driblling and close ball control from Kovacic and Isco. Defending from players like Casemiro,Ramos etc. He seems close to Ronaldo, who better to learn shooting from.
    Patience from Isco & Asensio.

I might be overreacting but I think this guy can become one of the best well-rounded middlefielders in the world. For some reason he seems like the kind of guy that wouldn't listen or learn from anyone in Betis and only something like Real Madrid could satisfy him.

I get the impression that he's gonna be like a sponge and absorb knowledge and techniques from our great players. Call me crazy.

Modric is 32 in 10 days. In 2 years he's gonna be 34 and we'll have Kovacic at 25 and Ceballos at 23. We're beyond lucky. The best middlefielder in the world and he has only 2-3 years left as a starter yet we're not worried and instead looking forward to see what kind of monsters Kovacic and Ceballos will be in 2-3 years.

S1na and RoadMan repped this.
  5. Glide84

Glide84 Member+

Jan 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I heard the arrogant comments about this guy too but all the recent interviews have been fine. Especially his pieces of wanting to learn from our vets, seems menial but shows maturity. Might end up being one of those guys you love having on your squad but hate when he's with the opposition.

I'm just as excited about our future as I am about this season!

6. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    I'm not sure there were that many comments about arrogance. Most comments were on his tweets as a child obviously, and then 4x4s' comments on him saying that he was Betis' best player and that he dreamed about the CL hymn.

7. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Arrogance on the pitch. Not off the pitch.

8. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    He has strong character, which is fantastic. Dude is beast in the making.

9. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    From where do you get that?

10. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Somebody commented it during one of the last 2 games(matchthread?). Just his body language and confidence in general.

11. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's going to be frustrating though not to see him play every week. Hard to get a rhythm when you are in and out of the squad. He really needs Madrid to make a strong push in the Copa Del Rey to get more minutes.

Glide84 repped this.
  12. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    And even as good as he has performed up to this point IMO he is still behind Mateo in the pecking order for a midfield spot and of course Isco, ( depending on which formation we use) ZZ will have to rotate a lot even in the cup for him to get lots of mins

13. .halamadrid2.

.halamadrid2. Member+

Nov 5, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I hope we play the B team all the way in the Copa. I don't know if anyone remembers but it was only after we played the first team that we lost to freaking Celta. Zidane should've trusted them all the way. It was also the time when Ronaldo was stinking the joint adding to the already foul odour of Benzema and Bale. There is no need to play the first team in this Cup. Have Ronaldo on the bench if we need goals but that's that. Our B team is our future, let them have the cup

14. RM or None

RM or None Member

Sep 2, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  15. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    #115 Shay Z, Sep 1, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2017
    Damn. This is concerning.

edit: He has been discharged from the hospital. Diagnosis: Cervical sprain. He'll have more tests tomorrow.

Zidane05 and temesgen repped this.
  16. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The Italians butchered Dani. I don't know if there's a particular reason for that, apart from the fact that theyre Italians.

Hope he's alright, his talent is undeniable

S1na repped this.
  17. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    He made them look silly in Euro's with eye catching dribbles. Looks like petty payback. Have seen Dani getting hacked a lot in La Liga as well 'cos he's so good with the ball.

18. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He is a bit cocky, but I haven't seen him do anything provocative in this game. If its really revenge for simply playing well against them before, these guys should be ashamed of themselves.

19. Anon.

Anon. Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    What's the latest on this kid's injury?

20. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  21. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
  22. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    I think maybe we need to deploy him more. Modric isnt himself and kovacic is injured. We need the penetration and control he brings.

23. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Certainly can't be as bad as Lucas has been.

S1na, robnycus and Ahmadi8 repped this.
  24. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Maybe, with better players around him but that Copa game was a snooze fest no deadly penetrative passes in that one, still that was just one game.

25. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    When we bought him I thought we wouldn't be able to find mins for him and it would be a bit of a wasted season for him. But with so many injuries and even more players out of form I am so surprised we haven't given him more mins yet. Especially when he looked pretty good at the beginning of the season. Cause and effect now as sitting out for so long maybe put a lot of rust on him.

Instead of asking dumbass questions like, who do you think the best player in the world is, I wish one of these "Journalists" would ask him what his thinking on Ceballos is. Why he doesn't trust him or can't find mins for him.

I get the impression Zizou puts players in boxes. They are only one thing to him to be used one way only. Teams needs a sub..... Lucas Vasquez, regardless of whats happening on the pitch. Team needs a starter.....never Lucas Vasquez.