Riding the Ceballos Train to Cibeles - The Dani Ceballos Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by madridista_hr, Jul 14, 2017.

1. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    prenos.png

2. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    In what world would anyone consider Toni Kroos static, everyone can't be Isco running around dribbling past players or as graceful and effective in his way like Godric, we need "balance" and that's what our midfield has in spades when we play Kroos, Casemiro, Isco and Godric, quality and balance, I love to watch them

our midfield that won La Liga and back to back CL's is not "static", 4-3-3 with BBC in front of them isn't that fun to watch for me though, I've never had a problem with the A team , I like our midfield i have just never liked watching BBC as a whole much

Deep Pal, Eddie, HZinho and 5 others repped this.
  3. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Didn't you just say that Kroos is static since he can't be running around and dribbling like Isco or being graceful and effective like Modric?
    I didn't call the whole middlefield static, I said that Kroos and Casemiro are "static" as in that they aren't that fast,exciting or great at dribbling. Stop twisting words.

4. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    That's not static. It seems you misunderstand the word. Kroos may not dribble or run fast, but he's anything but static. He's always moving around and you'll suddenly see him pop up in the pocket right outside the penalty area or right at the edge. And neither is Casemiro who is always moving off the ball to get in the right position to win the ball back as high as possible. Fancy dribbling isn't the only form of movement as sometimes how you move off the ball is far more important than how you move when you have it.

S1na, 9Qui and Digital repped this.
  5. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    No I didn't actually, not trying to twist words, Kroos attacks and defends, he just has a different style to both Modric and Isco, IMO, if you meant that he isn't "fast, exciting or great at dribbling" then perhaps that is what you should have said, ( personally I find him very interesting to watch) but static to me denotes lack of movement which, again my opinion, does not apply to Toni Kroos,

I personally prefer the balance that our midfield now gives us , and Kroos covers his side of the pitch well and along with Modric dictates and drives our play forward, I am happy with that rather than a whole bunch of " fast exciting dribblers, who may not be able to " control the game" , when to slow down, when to speed up, to be able to keep the ball and move it properly, that's what we have now and they play very well, a treat to watch our midfield, and it has been shown to be successful so, I for one am happy.

9Qui, Deep Pal and Zidane05 repped this.
  6. Açores57

Açores57 Member+

Oct 4, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Ceballos with the #24

7. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

S1na, Deep Pal, Zidane05 and 1 other person repped this.
  8. russian hattie

russian hattie Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Is he not allowed to have Dani C?

9. F_sirhC

F_sirhC New Member

Aug 22, 2015
    #24 in homage to his friend and mentor at Betis; Ruben Castro.

Deep Pal, Shay Z and Zidane05 repped this.
  10. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    Every time i see this jersey i remember that travesty of a player Gravesen. :D

Digital and Hsain85 repped this.
  11. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    Back then we rated performances after each match. I'm aware of Gravesen's legacy here, but if you dig up those threads you'll see that he was one of the best in the squad in his first half a season here.

Crimson, RMSocrates, Deep Pal and 2 others repped this.
  12. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Yea. We had an amazing six months under Luxumbergo. Especially after he switched system to start Owen. That 4-2 game was one of my favorite Clasicos in last 15 years.

S1na and Deep Pal repped this.
  13. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Ceballos: "My dream since I was young was to be here and I'll give my all for this shirt, and make the history of this club even greater."

"Since I knew that Real Madrid wanted me there was no way that I could say no."

"You don't get the chance to wear the Real Madrid shirt everyday, I'm proud to be here, it's by far the best club in the world."

"Offers? I had no doubts while choosing Real Madrid over others, I'm where I wanted to be."

"When Florentino contacted me, I didn't want to hear about any other offers after that."

"I'm aware of the competition and I'm going take advantage of every minute that Zidane gives me to become a part of the team."

"I am young and I've come here with great enthusiasm, to work, enjoy and learn from all the great players."

"I hope to learn and I will try to be like Luka Modric or Toni Kroos someday and to be part of the club's history"

"I was always clear that I wanted to play here, and now I'm at the best club in the world, and very proud to wear this shirt."

"Marco [Asensio] told me that if I get the opportunity to come here I had to take advantage of it because it's the biggest club. "

Ceballos: Pressure of joining Barça or Madrid? I dealt with the pressure with my father and family. I always wanted to join Real Madrid.

James left because he didn't have enough minutes? I'm not scared of that. There are other things to worry about in the best club.

I'm not concerned about the amount of minutes I'll get. I'll be surrounded by world-class players who I want to learn from.

Real Madrid's demands are very high and I must work extremely hard to satisfy them. I know what I have to do.

I'm young and I want to work hard and be consistent. I want to show Zidane that I can play for Real Madrid.

I don't know why Morata left but my decision was to play for the best club in the world.

Doni, CivilProtection, S1na and 4 others repped this.
  14. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Said all the right things.

Digital, Deep Pal and HZinho repped this.
  15. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    His attire for the signing was the sharpest I've seen from a player in a while. So professional! I remember people in their t-shirts and converse sneakers signing contracts, I prefer it when they dress well for their biggest professional contracts.

Benzema dresses like he's about to go clubbing when he signs his renewals.

16. -Reivax-

-Reivax- Member+

Aug 10, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  17. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Guy looks the part, that much is certain. Sharp in the white.

18. -Reivax-

-Reivax- Member+

Aug 10, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  19. osnap427

osnap427 Member

Jun 7, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Has Llorente been confirmed to return to the first team yet?

20. RaMaaa

RaMaaa Member+

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    By the way his contract runs out in 2018..

21. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    You missed the thread?

22. -Reivax-

-Reivax- Member+

Aug 10, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    What thread?

23. RM or None

RM or None Member

Sep 2, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    888742396653162496 is not a valid tweet id

S1na, Doni and Zidane05 repped this.
  24. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    B team was more entertaining last season, BBC needs to be dismantled as soon as possible

S1na and Digital repped this.
  25. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Hahhahaha.... Oh my god.... he did the turkey.