Riding the Ceballos Train to Cibeles - The Dani Ceballos Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by madridista_hr, Jul 14, 2017.

1. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    Yep, he just scored for Spain yesterday and has played well, it looks like he has Luis Enrique’s full confidence and is going to be a starter in that team.

2. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He's been pretty good lately and deserves to play more. We have a great midfielder in him, hopefully he can keep progressing and live up to his potential.

Drouchk repped this.
  3. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    What he said about Lopetegui blocking himself off and things not working anymore after that is very telling and actually helps us understand what happened a bit.

4. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    People were laughing at him when he played for betis and said "when I close my eyes, I hear the CL anthem", but if he'd retire tomorrow it would be with a winners medal on his resume. He can become a leader.

Ahmadi8 and S1na repped this.
  5. Halycon

Halycon Member+

Aug 24, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Finally getting the recognition he deserves.

Eddie and Drouchk repped this.
  6. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    He definitely is proving his talent and worth. We just play better when he is on the pitch.

Anon. and Eddie repped this.
  7. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Glad to see he's taking advantage of his opportunity. I always wanted him here from the time we were originally rumored to be interested. He's got a lot of polishing off the edges to do but the potential is there with this kid.

Eddie and S1na repped this.
  8. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He is a skillful player who busts his ass, and brings passion to his play. As long as he keeps mixing it up and shooting to keep defenders honest I'm happy with his play.

Ahmadi8, Stiliyan, S1na and 2 others repped this.
  9. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He's gonna make the Kovacic situation even harder for us. I've talked to some Chelsea fans and they are not very happy with Kova. They think he plays it way too safe for his position (i don't agree with that) and that he's way too soft for a midfielder. I don't think they will want to buy him in the end and at this point if we were forced to choose between them i'd rather keep Ceballos.

10. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Ceballos > Kova
    Kova loses the ball after his runs way too many time or does not make the right decisions in key situations.

11. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It would be good to have both Ceballos and Kovacic. But for both of them, its Modric and Kroos who are still blocking the prospect for a starting spot. If they were both not here, Kovacic and Ceballos would be able to divide the time in the midfield. I honestly think we should move on from Modric and Kroos, Modric is simply getting old, and Kroos is not a hard worker, something that became even more prominent after he won three CLs in a row. He has become most complacent by the success. Both of them are remnants of an era we don't want to admit is finished by now (including Bale and Benzema).

Theoretically, a midfield of

Isco/Ceballos------Casemiro/Llorente------Kovacic/Valverde

would be incredible even right now, let alone in the future.

12. HZinho

HZinho Member+

Apr 2, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It seems poor Kova played himself. Would have had a stunner of a season here, had he stayed. Lots of play time (which he kinda already had). A shame!

Anon. and S1na repped this.
  13. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Kovacic should be sold along with Bale this summer.

Ahmadi8 and .halamadrid2. repped this.
  14. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    Add James to that list.

15. Anon.

Anon. Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Or Isco, think one of him or Bale is gone this summer. Flo seems to have a permanent hard on for Bale, so not sure it’s as clean cut as some of you would like to think it is.

16. gladiator guti

gladiator guti Member+

Oct 31, 2005
    Kroos level has dropped considerably in the last two years. His price tag is still high, if you want to cash in, Kroos is your candidate. Modric wants to see out the remaining of his contract and off for the big payday in smaller league maybe in UEA or China.

Ceballos is very similar to Kova, he just happen to have more tactical discipline. Kova is a good player, but he has the tendency to get carry away and his silliness causing problems to the backline. He is Lassana v.2, it's fun to watch them play, not a reliable long term solution.

17. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    I'm not against cashing in on Kroos. He is 29 and the moitvation seems to be little considering he's won everything.

I don't see Florentino feeling though.

In the end we just need to secure Eriksen. Then go from there

Anon. repped this.
  18. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    If one of Modric or Kroos (very unlikely) don’t leave I can’t see us making any sort of move for Eriksen. If we are going in for a CM he’s the one to focus on though no doubt.

19. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Of course Ceballos is better at some aspects than Kovacic (such as tactical discipline) and Kovacic is better than him at others (such as tenacity and speed). Thats why it would be good to have them both. As for Modric, if I had to choose between him and Isco, I would choose Isco because he can still give us more. Its a problem to have an over the hill declining Balon Dor winner, as proven before. His name and reputation usually doesn't warrant his status in the club and that causes tension.

Shay Z and Eddie repped this.
  20. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Losing/Selling Bale, Kovacic, Benzema, Isco, Kroos, James... that's a lot of lost quality. We shouldn't be thinking about the starting 11 only, we need to think about squad depth and overall quality. I'm not comfortable losing all those guys.

21. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Benzema is staying. He'd rather stay and play less or earn for half his current contract than leave.

Ahmadi8 repped this.
  22. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    And i'd rather have him on the team as a sub than the likes of Mariano.

23. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    I know people are done with Kovacic but I'd like him to come back. I think he messed up going to Chelsea, and he doesn't fit Sarri ball. I'd bring him back especially if Modric decides to leave.

Halycon repped this.
  24. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I think he'll return to Inter, don't see him coming back defeated.

Ahmadi8 repped this.
  25. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Perhaps a humbling experience at Chelsea will have a sobering effect for him, and he will return agreeing to be a squad player sharing minutes with the likes of Ceballos and Valverde rather than demanding a regular starting spot.