Riding the Ceballos Train to Cibeles - The Dani Ceballos Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by madridista_hr, Jul 14, 2017.

1. Bear Crotch

Bear Crotch Member+

Jan 2, 2008
    Ohio, United States
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    At the turn of the year we really needed to get a good run of form going so I competely agree with @Digital saying we should play to win and go for the jugular against the likes of Malaga.

However I do think he should get some run of games at some point in April and May.

robnycus repped this.
  2. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    If Ceballos gets some run of games who gets benched?

I guarantee you they will be complaining about that too.

3. RaMaaa

RaMaaa Member+

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    This is funny dicsussion and pointless. I admire Ceballos but he knew what kind of midfielders this team have. he knew he will be like sixth player and even Lucas playing in the mid at some point. He knew it's impossible for the coach to rotate every single match. It wise to understand that and do like Carvajal,Casemiro, go on loan impress and coach will have different view on you.

4. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    This idiot continues on his agenda.

It's too bad he picked up a knock and is actually out due to injury. I mean, even AS was reporting before the squad was even announced. His press pass to the Bernabeu should be revoked.

Hsain85, madridista_hr and Saeta Rubia repped this.
  5. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    I can't wait to read all of the usual suspects melting down about this in the match thread.

6. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He had one job..

7. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    This is class!

S1na, Vector-SS, Shay Z and 1 other person repped this.
  8. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Gonna be a key player for years to come. Think he will take a big step this season under Solari.

9. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid

GOLAZO

madridista_hr, Shay Z and S1na repped this.
  10. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    This may sound ironic but we have to give credit to Zidane for having Ceballos with us this season. I just watched an Interview he gave Chirginguito where he says Zidane convinced him to stay after he was determined to return to Betis..

11. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    Dani is only showing what some of us already knew, he has talent oozing out of him and only needs the confidence of his coach to display it; Luckily for us, both Solari and Luis Enrique seem to trust him.

Would love to see a midfield of him, Kovacic and Kroos next season, not every game of course because Casimero is still going to have a big role to play.

12. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Could Ceballos and Kovacic coexist in the same midfield in the future? I'm skeptical. Both are pretty similar players. Doubt Mateo ever returns

13. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    Of course they can, they are both capable of paying on either side of the midfield in a 3 man mid or in a double pivot and Ceballos just proved that he can play as a regista this past week end.

It’s hard to say at the moment whether Kova will return or not, I however am inclined to believe that he will since the likelihood of Modric staying beyond this season is very low.

Anon., Shay Z, Halycon and 1 other person repped this.
  14. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't think either of them is dynamic enough going forward attacking wise in the mold of Modric. You need a midfielder that can really penetrate.

15. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    In hindsight, we should have sold him this summer and kept Kovacic. The dude is playing with his heart somewhere else.

Eddie and Drouchk repped this.
  16. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    Very true but hey this loan might actually do Kova some good, glass half full.
    Kovacic used to be a number 10 and is a better dribbler than Modric even when he was in his prime, and I take it you’ve only discovered Ceballos recently? At Betis he was touted to be the new Iniesta, that’s how good he is with the ball at his feet, the fact that you don’t see him marauding forward as much here is down to tactics not a lack of ability

Anon. and Halycon repped this.
  17. Halycon

Halycon Member+

Aug 24, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Both players are actually able to do that. Watch footages of Ceballos playing for Spain -21 and you'll see

Anon. and Drouchk repped this.
  18. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He's better at holding onto the ball and bringing it up out of the back, but he has nowhere near Modric's vision and distribution imo.

In fact, my Chelsea friends have been telling me he has been poor offensively, that Jorginho/Kante are locked in and Ross Barkley is offering more going forward and taking minutes away from Mateo.

19. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    Well of course Modric has superior distribution and vision but I didn’t think that was the argument you were making in your post above, from my understanding we were talking about penetration and dynamism with the ball.

20. Açores57

Açores57 Member+

Oct 4, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    They easily could. Both mids like to drive play forward and can act as shuttlers while Casemiro provides the cover.

We would have a more vertical and less static midfield

21. Halycon

Halycon Member+

Aug 24, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    With both Ceballos and Kovacic in midfield, you dont need Casemiro imo.

Drouchk repped this.
  22. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    Also the work rate of that midfield 3 will be beyond anything we’ve had for........hell forever.

23. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    Agreed, both Kova and Ceballos are work horses, a combo of them and Kroos would work better.

24. Açores57

Açores57 Member+

Oct 4, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Can’t play Kroos as the anchor. Ever. In any setup. It won’t work.

Playing Ceballos or Kovacic there would be a waste of their abilities to get forward.

Anon. and natenate101 repped this.
  25. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Sounds good but i’d have to see that combo in action and it actually work to believe it, also I find that Dani turns the ball over far too much, he still has decision making issues