Ricardo Clark to Eintracht Frankfurt

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by prowazekii, Dec 23, 2009.

1. FloridaFC2MLS

FloridaFC2MLS Member

Oct 17, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If this is how the season is going to go... he might want to transfer out now while he still can. Amazed how he was in and out of the squad in the Bundesliga but looks worse for the wear in Bundesliga2.

2. Gorky

Gorky Member+

Jul 28, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They might have let him go to the US for the idiotic Mexico friendly.

3. FloridaFC2MLS

FloridaFC2MLS Member

Oct 17, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good point... I hope for the sake of having a good season in BL2 this is true.

4. schrutebuck

schrutebuck Member+

Jul 26, 2007
    Is Clark looking to transfer? This quote from Klinsmann makes it seems so:

On the exclusion of Michael Bradley, Ricardo Clark and Jermaine Jones:
    “All three of these players are trying to sort out their club situations, and the deadline for transfers is a week away. They have also not been playing matches, so for these reasons we decided to select different players for this roster.”

http://www.ussoccer.com/Social/MNT-...88fdPost:6a156a86-d5e1-4fae-b9d7-890f7391dd2d

5. FloridaFC2MLS

FloridaFC2MLS Member

Oct 17, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This popped into my head immediately aswell... I think with that quote it says atleast 2 of the 3 are looking for another club if not all. It also mentions playing time as a reason they werent called up so he could simply just not have been called in. We arent talking about JJ & MB here who are much better players... If Rico isnt playing in BL2 he wont get called so I think its likely he just wasnt called because of playing time. I personally wish he was kind of looking for a transfer though.

6. lurking

lurking Member+

Feb 9, 2002
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He is quite clearly quoted as saying all 3. Now maybe there is some ambiguity in the question, or Klinsman wasnt as accurate as he could have been, but the quote is quite specific as it stands.

7. sidefootsitter

sidefootsitter Member+

Oct 14, 2004
    The new regime doesn't seem to rate Rico highly.

He has earned some rep in Germnay and he is cheap by the Bundesliga standards.

I wonder if he may get some feelers from the Championship or lower tier La Liga (he should qualify under the Cotonou rules) as well.

8. prowazekii

prowazekii Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is a common theory on the Frankfurt boards. There is talk of him not being skillful or versatile enough to work well in the new system.

9. sidefootsitter

sidefootsitter Member+

Oct 14, 2004
    Rico might qualify for Ligue 1 under Cotonou.

10. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    So what has happened to Clark. He was looking pretty good last season at CB and even at CDM. He was starting games or at least getting minutes, but for some reason in the 2. BL Clark cannot get any time or even make the bench.

11. prowazekii

prowazekii Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Clubs interested in taking Clark on loan
    "There's interest from two clubs in Germany, and maybe a third," Clark's rep, Lyle Yorks, told MLSsoccer.com. "There's also some interest elsewhere in Europe. He should be able to find a loan deal in January."
    One of the clubs is reported to be Ingolstadt.

12. prowazekii

prowazekii Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  13. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
  14. cd715

cd715 Red Card

Aug 22, 2009
    How many years remaining on the contract? If he doesn't impress during the camp cupcake showcase, how soon do we see him back in MLS?

15. Gorky

Gorky Member+

Jul 28, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What has Rico been doing at Eintracht Frankfurt? Apparently this:

http://www.ussoccer.com/News/Mens-National-Team/2012/01/Feilhaber-Clark-Comeback.aspx

16. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
  17. prowazekii

prowazekii Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    According to this article Karlsruher SC had some interest in Clark but can't afford him.
    He has had conversations with the FSV manager and front office, and this move, which has been mentioned before, is still a possibility.
    Apparently, if a club were to want Clark they have to pay Eintracht as well as Houston/MLS.

18. comoesa

comoesa Member+

Aug 13, 2010
    Christen Press's armpit
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hmm this would be the first I've heard of MLS doing something like that.

19. Otergod

Otergod Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    indianapolis
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    NY sold MB to Heerenveen with a clause that if they sell him to another team that NY got a certain percent of the transfer fee.

i suspect that is more likely the case with Clark if MLS is to get any money for him

20. GalaxyKoa

GalaxyKoa Member+

Jul 18, 2007
    North County
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's odd that he'd have an on-sale clause, since those are included in transfers, and Clark signed as a free agent.

21. Offebacher

Offebacher Member

May 14, 2006
    Houston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looks like the potential move across Town is off, FSV currently has no interest in Rico:
    "No interest in Ricardo Clark from Local Rivals Eintracht Frankfurt after his Agent offered him to FSV. After Wunderlich left (to Viktoria Köln) FSV did consider the USMNT Player but decided against signing him. Article goes on to say they are looking for Defenders or Wide Mid Players right now."

http://www.da-imnetz.de/sport/fsv-frankfurt/frankfurt-testet-sanou-goerlitz-1575374.html

22. FloridaFC2MLS

FloridaFC2MLS Member

Oct 17, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So since he doesnt want to leave Frankfurt... I wonder what this means he is going to do. I could tell through his intensity in the recent USNT friendlies that he really wanted to be back in the picture but I cant see how he'd expect to do that if he stays with Eintracht who seem to no longer fancy him at all. Doesnt really seem he has much interest in Germany as a whole.

23. Lascho

Lascho Member+

Sep 1, 2008
    Hannover, Germany
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    I think you have the wrong perspective. Rather try to look at it from Clark's point of view.
    Obviously his German career hasn't been much of a success. However, we can assume he's still making more money than in MLS, and these are the decisive years for the future of his family. He'll be 31 in 2014; I guess the money he makes within the next 2.5 years is much more important than his 2% or 1% or 0.5% chance to make the US squad for Brazil.
    There's no important benefit for him in a transfer to FSV. He doesn't make the bench for Eintracht, right; but he's probably getting more money next year in case they're promoted, no matter if he plays or not; and FSV are likely to get relegated to the 3. Liga. No urgent need to sign at a club like this now; he makes more money doing nothing for Eintracht than starting for FSV now, and it won't be close when Eintracht get promoted, and FSV relegated.

24. FloridaFC2MLS

FloridaFC2MLS Member

Oct 17, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I made the simple assumption that he seemed to have the desire to be in the USNT picture again. It certainly seemed that way this past camp. That led me to believe it would be smart to move. Also, Do we know how much Clark is making at Eintracht? I think a few MLS teams would be willing to pay him close depending on how much he is making...