Rhetorical: what clubs would you advise Pulisic go to? Where would you advise him to avoid?

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by OWN(yewu)ED, Nov 24, 2018.

1. Guinho

Guinho Member+

San Jose Earthquakes, bless their hearts
    Estonia
    May 27, 2001
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Whether Sarri stays or goes, the sinking prospects for European football next year is depressing

2. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They’ll be in Europe next year the question is Campions League vs Europa League. As it stands they control their own destiny.

3. OWN(yewu)ED

OWN(yewu)ED Member+

Club: Venezia F.C.
    May 26, 2006
    chico, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    nope, it got blown just the right amount of proportion, he was promptly benched, as expected. Sarri is a better man than I if he doesnt do any more than leave him on the bench for the rest of the season (and maybe longer)

4. gunnerfan7

gunnerfan7 Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Jul 22, 2012
    Santa Cruz, California
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lol, Kepa can't read colored numbers on a substitution board? Is yelling and gesturing not universal? I'd be surprised if he plays much more under Sarri. And I expect these antics to be accounted for with future teams. Looked absolutely ridiculous.

5. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It was bad but you’re completely off here. Their both going with the same story, Kepa apologized, was fined and benched for a game. Sarri has come out and said Kepa is still first choice GK. This is also the same GK that the record fee was paid for. Is only 24 and is on a 7 year deal. He’s been punished and the team will move forward together from there. Iron first ruling doesn’t work in sports in today’s day an age.

6. gunnerfan7

gunnerfan7 Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Jul 22, 2012
    Santa Cruz, California
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "You're completely off"

also

"The situation is exactly as described"

OK.

It wasn't a "translation error" or any such nonsense. It was a player refusing to obey a coach, then having a fit about it.

There are plenty of times when players and managers butt heads. Those dust-ups are noted. Do you think Balloteli's well-publicized feuds with various managers didn't have an effect on his career? The only difference is that Balloteli was a litany of incidents, and Kepa has one.

I'll concede that you're probably right that he will be used furthermore by Sarri, given his long-term contract (I didn't know it was 7 years), but you're wrong that it hasn't been noticed. That's just sports.

7. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Noticed of course, but he isn’t going anywhere. He’s going to continue to feature under Sarri now that he’s completed his punishment. If he leaves Chelsea it won’t be for a long time and teams won’t care or remember it when dealing with him that far down the road. Especially if he doesn’t have any other issues. He isn’t Balo. Balo cares about himself and not the team, was a distraction at every turn. Kepa is nothing like that. This was a horrible look no doubt. But it’s been sorted. Everyone is in lock step. Assuming no other issues happen between him and Sarri this will be mostly forgotten. Especially if Chelsea surge and win Europa or finish top 4.

8. nobody

nobody Member+

Jun 20, 2000
    Horrible for a player to refuse to come off the field, absolutely deserves some bench time for that. I gotta say though, pulling the goalie who kept the clean sheet for someone else to play the penalties is a dick move by Sarri.

9. gunnerfan7

gunnerfan7 Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Jul 22, 2012
    Santa Cruz, California
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kepa went down injured temporarily I heard, then Sarri decided to pull him.

Plus, see Cillisen vs. Krul against Costa Rica in Brazil.

10. AlbertCamus

AlbertCamus Member+

Colorado Rapids
    Sep 2, 2005
    Colorado, USA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    I'd advise him to go to the Rapids. I'd avoid Real Salt Lake, the Seattle Sounders, LAFC, Atlanta United, and Dallas.

11. Guinho

Guinho Member+

Estonia
    May 27, 2001
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They do, and that’s exactly the issue. A single slip and they’ll lose out. Man U is on a roll and comes down to whether arsenal or Chelsea implodes first.

12. Guinho

Guinho Member+

Estonia
    May 27, 2001
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  13. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You’re operating on the assumption that no one else slips up too. If anyone slips they can lose out. Hell Spurs are known to implode this time of year and Poch to Real is only getting louder. But yes Man U in good form but their not exempt from some adversity or a bad day. Either way it will be a dog fight for all parties involved.

14. Guinho

Guinho Member+

Estonia
    May 27, 2001
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    True, but Chelsea is a hot mess, while Solskjaer has Man U blazing. If I had to bet as to which of the three loses out, I’d say Chelsea, then Arsenal then Man U, a point back notwithstanding

15. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That’s fair enough but things can change quickly. The cup final, followed up by the Spurs win and an easy looking schedule in March could be just what the doctor ordered to get them back to their opening season form.

There’s also a game against Man U left which will likely play a massive role in how they finish.

16. Guinho

Guinho Member+

Estonia
    May 27, 2001
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I have to say I thought of you with the Arsenal Totteringham draw. Chelsea has two games in hand and I can just see them catching fire just to spite me. (I’m such a prominent figure, I loom large in their thinking of course)

17. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hahah. Well I’m glad your giving them bulletin board material. Chelsea with 3 points today, still have a game in hand. Man U and Arsenal play each other next. Table could be drastically different.

Guinho repped this.
  18. OWN(yewu)ED

OWN(yewu)ED Member+

May 26, 2006
    chico, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am more than slightly concerned, its going exactly like i anticipated it would.

19. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    Do you love being right in this situation?

20. OWN(yewu)ED

OWN(yewu)ED Member+

May 26, 2006
    chico, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I didnt want to be right, bt the writing was on the wall the whole time. Chelsea has a bit of a reputation, Mount and Tammy asside.

21. a_new_fan

a_new_fan Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    truth is you really weren't

when guys like salah/kd were benched/shipped out chelsea was heavily an veteren/international team. the entire 'play young english talent' started this season. Also if you think Mount/Abraham are the exception you are kidding urself.

22. OWN(yewu)ED

OWN(yewu)ED Member+

May 26, 2006
    chico, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  23. striker

striker Member+

Aug 4, 1999
    My advice for CP is to ignore all advices given on BS, including mine.

Guinho, dams, ChrisSSBB and 2 others repped this.
  24. a_new_fan

a_new_fan Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    pulisic being stuck to the bench arent for the reasons of the past. you talked about chelsea's history...this is very different.

25. AlbertCamus

AlbertCamus Member+

Colorado Rapids
    Sep 2, 2005
    Colorado, USA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    He could start for the Rapids, we should sign him.