Christian Pulisic at AC Milan

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Balerion, Jun 30, 2014.

1. Jazzy Altidore

Jazzy Altidore Member+

Sep 2, 2009
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dave is very self important about his ignore list. He wants everyone on it to know how much he doesn't care about them, at all.

2. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
  3. KALM

KALM Member+

Oct 6, 2006
    Boston/Providence

4. honest trade

honest trade Member

Aug 15, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nice video from the Bundesliga:

Namdynamo, wsmaugham, ShortyMac and 4 others repped this.
  5. nobody

nobody Member+

Jun 20, 2000
    No idea how accurate this is, but an interesting tidbit about Pulisic at Chelsea under Lampard...

Winoman, Gacm32, bungadiri and 2 others repped this.
  6. frankburgers

frankburgers Member+

May 31, 2016
    lets hope it doesn't take long for frank to realize he isn't a 10

USA-Zebuel repped this.
  7. jond

jond Member+

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Levski Sofia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I actually think he can do well and develop further as a 10 in the right tactical setup with options to play off.

With BVB he many times excelled when moving central.

The USNT setup and surrounding talent is a universe away from Chelsea.

HScoach13, Winoman, laxcoach and 3 others repped this.
  8. smokarz

smokarz Member+

Aug 9, 2006
    Hartford, CT

I see this as talks to keep Pedro and Willian happy.

I don't see Pulisic locking down a starting position on either the wings or centrally this season. However, he will have lots of playtime alternating in both positions.

9. WheezingUSASupport

Dortmund
    United States
    Aug 28, 2017
    I’m not sure if I like this or not.

We all thought he was a #10 years ago before he broke into the Dortmund first team, but his best position is probably LW where he does better cutting inside.

Pomykal might be our best option at the #10 role, but he might be better as an 8.

If Pomykal isn’t the #10 answer, and Pulisic isn’t either then our options in the #10 role suck. If Pulisic plays in the #10 spot then we have a gap at LW assuming Boyd takes the RW.

I believe Chelsea’s 1st friendly is in 6 days, let’s see how they lineup then.

10. 6 ft. Leprechaun

Dec 9, 2003
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It depends on how Lampard defines the #10 role. Pulisic is not the reincarnation of Valderrama but he's definitely a dynamic creator.

Gacm32, WheezingUSASupport and russ repped this.
  11. smokarz

smokarz Member+

Aug 9, 2006
    Hartford, CT

Is Pulisic going to be there? Dude needs a break.

striker and WheezingUSASupport repped this.
  12. adam tash

adam tash Member+

Jul 12, 2013
    Barcelona, Spain
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't like this at all.

1. how the hell does lampard know how the players compare to each other at this point? seems he is jumping to conclusions unnecessarily....which doesn't bode well for the team or for pulisic, imo.

2. I think Pulisic is better on the wing and that's where he should play.

WheezingUSASupport and russ repped this.
  13. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    These are Lampard's public thoughts prior to a single practice with Pulisic. Time will tell.

nobody repped this.
  14. markandrew78

markandrew78 Member

Jun 10, 2007
    The sooner Pulisic can get to camp, the better.

15. KicksNgiggles

KicksNgiggles Member

Aug 18, 2016
    BHM
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Timo Weah

16. Jazzy Altidore

Jazzy Altidore Member+

Sep 2, 2009
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Disagree. He's at his best on the wing, in space, running at defenders. In the middle he tends to get bogged down and lose possession. He's not an elite passer in close quarters.

17. 6 ft. Leprechaun

Dec 9, 2003
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He's also not nearly done developing. I agree that he currently does best when he has space. He excels at that right now. He has shown flashes when moved centrally. He has a really good head on his shoulders. He has the potential, with the right tutelage, to excel as an all-around elite attacking talent, centrally or out wide.

18. laxcoach

laxcoach Member+

United States
    Jul 29, 2017
    intermountain west
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He's been best on the wing at BVB because he had Auba and Reus to work with and defenses had to honor those guys. The USMNT has exactly no one like for CP to work off of but Chelsea might. GIve the guy a season or two at the 10 before we label the 20 year old. Maybe he's got it there at a CL level, maybe he doesn't but we know on the right roster he's got CL level at wing.

LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  19. SlyEli

SlyEli Member

United States
    Jun 25, 2017
    Agreed. I like Weah best on the LW, he’s got a wicked shot when he cuts in on the edge of the box on his right foot (remember his hat trick in the U17 WC?). Pulisic doesn’t threaten to cut in even on his strong right.

KicksNgiggles repped this.
  20. wrench

wrench Member+

May 12, 2007
    NYC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Played golf with a gentleman from Birmingham, I'm in NY, and he felt Frank will not be there long. So, expect a lot of shuffling about of players and learning on all sides.

LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  21. EruditeHobo

EruditeHobo Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It seems pretty obvious; they just lost their best player in forever, their main threat and creator, and are under a transfer ban... Lamps needs everybody on board. He's just smoothing things over with 2 vets that he needs to be productive if he's gonna have a successful start to the season.

Don't forget, Odoi & RLC are both recovering from serious injuries. But when healthy, it's probably going to be Pulisic & Odoi in wide positions, RLC through the middle. If Willian or Pedro get off to a good start though, it could allow them to bring their injured guys, or even CP himself, along more slowly.

22. EruditeHobo

EruditeHobo Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Or, conversely, if CP starts really well playing through the middle maybe he gives Lampard the opportunity to bring Odoi along, and continue with Willian and Pedro playing a lot of minutes. Just seems like he's trying to get everyone on his side and keep options open... and frankly Chelsea need all the options they can get right now.

23. KALM

KALM Member+

Oct 6, 2006
    Boston/Providence
    #24598 KALM, Jul 10, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2019
    Seems possible to me that Lampard might have started paying much closer attention to his first team players recently in anticipation of his first season at the club, so the Gold Cup might have been the first really detailed look he got at Pulisic. And he might have liked what he saw of Pulisic in a 10-esque role.

24. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Is it bad that I saw Lampard was signed and thought Gers just lost their coach..?

zanderbz repped this.
  25. Sizmik

Sizmik Member+

Dec 21, 2011
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don’t mind the 10 role for him in the 4-2-3-1....it will allow him to roam around with some big time midfielders pulling the strings in Kante and Kovacic. If he cant handle it move him back wide, but he has no problem excelling at the 10 as limited as he has played it. You paid 70 mil for him, put him out there and let him get after it.

superdave, Dirt McGirt and KicksNgiggles repped this.