Christian Pulisic at AC Milan

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Balerion, Jun 30, 2014.

1. mace

mace Member+

Indy 11
    United States
    Jun 5, 2004
    USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They thought Einstein was mentally retarded in elementary because he was so darn slow at taking tests etc. Intelligence comes in all forms, fast (system 1) and slow (system 2). Soccer players need fast thinking, quick intelligence (duh). Basically, instincts where good decisions are
    made instantly without thinking (system 1 thinking). Puli can get even better at this, and in my opinion he is already at a very high level but I hope he gets even better. You can train (program) your system 1 thinking.

LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  2. :D
    Just making it simple to understand for the non experts:ROFLMAO:

3. Yup, you forgot to mention you're fond of me.

4. bsky22

bsky22 Member+

Dec 8, 2003
    You think LD is a genius which is joke. At 20 he was still kicking the ball and running past people. The following cycle he was unable to lead the team. It was only after 24, that he released while lolly gagging in a crap MLS that his physical abilities allowed the game to slow down and he could find simple passes.

It appears CP has been asked to use his ability to take players on when playing out wide at this point. He has done as he is asked. He has also shown more than enough ability to distribute the ball and make a final pass when lined up centrally. He seems to be a very smart person and player and will likely evolve significantly in the next few years.

5. bsky22

bsky22 Member+

Dec 8, 2003
    No, we have people using two games against Chelsea to claim MLS is better than a whole region of leagues. I wouldn't have posted how stupid the argument was if I thought the individual would stop making posts like this but based on his history of posting this crap all over YA and USMN&A. After seeing the league continue to harm our national team, I ama done with league until this changes. I am worried about clubs and environment of our players and not some average ratings of leagues which is useless. I dont care how good Freiburg is, but I am convinced it is a better situation for Mendez than LAG. MLS clowns have suggesting he is stagnating, but I am much more concerned about his buddy Efra who came of the bench a couple of times, then an unused sub, to not making the bench.

The one thing that seems very clear to me but havent seen any "official" ratings. MLS fans are the least knowledgeable fans in the world. They are horrible at assessing talent and wish they would stay out of YA when their whole purpose is knock players that are way better than comparable ones in MLS.

6. ArsenalMetro

ArsenalMetro Member+

United States
    Aug 5, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Never underestimate how stupid everyone is. Arsenal fans thought Emmanuel Frimpong was going to be a world beater. Ditto Nicklas Bendtner. Ever have a conversation about soccer at a bar with some random European? They usually don't know anything!

7. Internet has replaced the bar for those to spout their nonsense.

russ repped this.
  8. ArsenalMetro

ArsenalMetro Member+

United States
    Aug 5, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    With the added benefit of being a dummy anonymously. :)

9. bsky22

bsky22 Member+

Dec 8, 2003
    yeah, there are dumb everywhere. Frimpong and Bendtner were good takes, but not nearly ridiculous as Roldan, Delgado and 99% talked about the MLS flavors of the week thread.

These same people think that Pulisic isnt smart and a limited player.

10. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    While I agree with all you said, the R-word is kinda a faux-pas.

11. Monarch Bay Beachbum

Apr 5, 2004
    The OC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ...and we have a bunch of Cliff Clavins on here.

MPNumber9 repped this.
  12. mace

mace Member+

Indy 11
    United States
    Jun 5, 2004
    USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I’m showing my age. Just take the word literally (slow), not with all the PC-ness it has today. I didn’t mean any offense, just typed quickly and didn’t consider the negative loaded-ness of the word nowadays.

madvillain and LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  13. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    It's all good. I was pretty sure you said it without ill intent.

Can we go back in time and get Christian to sign with Atletico Madrid? I'm bored with Chelsea.

Dr.Phil repped this.
  14. orcrist

orcrist Member+

Jun 11, 2005
    Bay Area, California, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorry for the offtopic post, distracting from the fascinating discussion about cognition and how mls clubs would measure up against Chelsea if they play in Turkey (or something), but it looks like CP has been back in full training for a few days.
    Kicker is speculating Favre might consider him among the attacking options given the team's recent issues there:
    https://www.kicker.de/news/fussball..._pulisic-guerreiro-und-wolf-wieder-dabei.html

15. smokarz

smokarz Member+

Aug 9, 2006
    Hartford, CT

I highly doubt they're going to change their system to accommodate him. He'll need to adapt himself to their system and able to find success within it.

16. smokarz

smokarz Member+

Aug 9, 2006
    Hartford, CT

For just one game, I like to see him play centrally underneath Reus.

orcrist repped this.
  17. Dr.Phil

Dr.Phil Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #23667 Dr.Phil, Apr 19, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2019
    Sari doesnt change his system but I think he can do well in that system

_________

Suyuntuy repped this.
  18. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Exactly. I hope Sarri continues there.

19. Dirt McGirt

Dirt McGirt Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The USMNT N&A board is probably the worst place to actually discuss soccer on the internet. If you're a half wit that started watching soccer in 2014 then that place has got you covered.

20. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    The Internet is very different from bars. In a bar people couldn't be passive-aggressive going with a magnifying glass over what other people said, trying to find the one quote out of context to make the other person appear foolish. That sort of behavior would get you thrown out.

The web lacks that all-important physical side to the interaction, so people can be rude with impunity.

21. smokarz

smokarz Member+

Aug 9, 2006
    Hartford, CT
    Over or Under?

This thread will reach 1000 pages before Pulisic score his first goal for Chelsea, in a competitive game.

22. Sylvius

Sylvius Member

Jul 18, 2013
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Waaaaaay over. I'd take the over on 1050 pages. I'd encourage everyone to weigh in on this with lengthy arguments! ; )

ChrisSSBB repped this.
  23. How many before he scored his first BVB goal?

Dr.Phil repped this.
  24. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    At this point I'd be happy if he scores a final goal for BvB.

Right now he has 11 goals and 17 assists in 4 seasons in the BuLi with 4,837' played. That's a goal every 440' and an assist every 285'. Not bad, but the stats have not matched what he's offered on the field.

25. Jenks

Jenks Member+

Feb 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    That won't happen while Sarri is at the club.