Christian Pulisic at AC Milan

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Balerion, Jun 30, 2014.

1. The problem is that to fix the positions you're talking about that money isnot enough in the current market and on the level of clubs BvB is operating in.
    Just to give an example. To fix the CD position for a club with the status of BvB you end up looking at players with a price tag above that of Virgil van Dijk. In my opinion there are better Cd's than VvD, but that price tag has set the benchmark for other (read better) CD's, or should I call it treshold. That's just one position of the 4 you were talking about. So you're instantly talking about Pauschale of 85 million plus.
    Is BvB a club willing to do that? Guess not.
    Their robbing of Dutch academies of 16 year olds point in another/opposite direction.

2. Liverpool hasnot a solid CL spot in the EPL. They have to fight for it and BvB are far more sure of CL play than Liverpool, given the domestic competitors.
    So if that's the beef he better stay put.

3. theboogeyman

theboogeyman Member+

Jun 21, 2010
    if cp makes a move, it would be this summer, when he knows whether or not liverpool will be in cl for next year. and it's a cycle that repeats itself as the good players go to the top teams to reinforce their positions at the top.

also, liverpool is just an example. chelsea, man u, and a few others in europe can offer many of the same things.

4. y-lee-coyote

y-lee-coyote Member+

Dec 4, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    I don't think they all have to be starters.

This is where we will see how much the loss of Mislintat set them back.

A consistent top keeper would do them wonders. As hard as it is to believe the offense production is not that far off last year.

5. You can't loose with a clean sheet, that's for sure.

6. y-lee-coyote

y-lee-coyote Member+

Dec 4, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    FWIW

Kicker is reporting the Auba to Arsenal deal is done and BVB are going after Modeste. The way they have been playing as of late I don't think they really need a speed demon leading the line anyway.

7. smokarz

smokarz Member+

Aug 9, 2006
    Hartford, CT

I think Arsenal is going to regret this deal. Many former BvB players had failed in the EPL.

Kagawa, Mkhitaryan, Gündogan, etc.

Arsenal are close to agreeing a fee of around £60m for Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang with Borussia Dortmund, according to Sky sources.

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...being-agreed-by-arsenal-and-borussia-dortmund

8. EruditeHobo

EruditeHobo Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    First of all Mkhitaryan and Gundogan have not "failed" in the EPL, and Henrik in particular just got a lifeline getting away from Mourinho. Second, you're being pretty selective with 3 names... how about KDB, Can, Sane, Son, Matip, Firmino?

If PEA goes through it's just further evidence CP isn't going anywhere soon. Selling a late 20s wantaway striker with his best years behind him has nothing to do with a teenage winger that isn't even done developing yet.

WrmBrnr and Dirt McGirt repped this.
  9. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  10. chrome_vapors

chrome_vapors Member+

Oct 15, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This sounds witty, but it's really not. We know why BVB didn't stick with Tuchel.

Tuchel has also been coaching in the Bundesliga since before Nagelsmann was of legal drinking age in the United States, if I'm not mistaken.

11. Sam Hamwich

Sam Hamwich Member+

Jul 11, 2006
    IT was a round about way of saying Nags is not a great coach, he just got inside the marketing updrift vacancy vortex created by Klopp/ Teuchy leaving the BL.

12. chrome_vapors

chrome_vapors Member+

Oct 15, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fair enough. I haven't payed enough attention to form an opinion one way or the other, but his youth intrigues me.

Shortcomings are likely to be on the tactical or organizational side, which are almost impossible to not improve on. Opposed to the capacity and social sides.

To say he's not a great coach yet is one thing, to say he's the beneficiary of favoritism or luck is another.

13. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I'm not saying Bayern always make the right choices but there were heavy rumors after Carlo Ancelotti that Nagelsmann was their top pick. That does say something about what they believe his potential as a manger may be. Take it with a grain of salt - he could have ended up as the next Mourinho during his first stint at Chelsea or the Mourinho during his second stint at Chelsea.

14. jond

jond Member+

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Levski Sofia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  15. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    "Major trophies won"? I guess no extra money for BVB.

WrmBrnr and largegarlic repped this.
  16. Sam Hamwich

Sam Hamwich Member+

Jul 11, 2006
    I see it differently. Boyring Munich missed the boat on two exciting GERMAN coaches. Klopp and Teuchy. Klopp is a bad ass. He gave them the V and said go stuff yourself. Teuchel probably sent them a weird card with a dessicated roach and a crayon heart with perfume.

Now Nags a guy with good marketing behind him and what amounts to one decent season hits the market and they will not miss this chance. Once they hire him, they can spend the next 20 years firing and re-hiring him.

17. Anderson11

Anderson11 Member

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    BvB bring on Tedesco, who brings McKennie along with him. The two Americans lead Dortmund to the treble.

18. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    His stats are far better than Sanchez. He needs a better agent.

Sam Hamwich repped this.
  19. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    They didn't miss the boat on Klopp if the approached Klopp and he said, "No". Also, when Tuchel went to BVB, Bayern already had Pep wining domestic titles. I also don't think Bayern are fooled by anyone's marketing. They aren't where they are today because they select managers that are marketable only - they saw something in him.

20. EruditeHobo

EruditeHobo Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    See, they actually aren't! You need to look at more than just a couple of stats... Alexis is superior in terms of the bigger picture; he creates a lot more, takes on more opponents, and is a pretty elite goalscorer for a winger.

y-lee-coyote repped this.
  21. Sam Hamwich

Sam Hamwich Member+

Jul 11, 2006
    Brilliant move for auba. I think if Wenger can get over himself auba is going to light it up. He's hungry and his ability to get behind the defense is going to be devastating. Until the press vultures circle.

22. Sam Hamwich

Sam Hamwich Member+

Jul 11, 2006
    They missed the boat on Klinsmann. I think they actually regressed under Pep. Felix ? The fact is they are gangsters. Straight up. They win domestically with money. They just need a good German marketing figure head and they found him.

23. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yeah, I'll disagree.

Dr.Phil repped this.
  24. smokarz

smokarz Member+

Aug 9, 2006
    Hartford, CT
    PalmettoSpur repped this.
  25. Sam Hamwich

Sam Hamwich Member+

Jul 11, 2006
    Willys sausage factory supposedly redirected over 2b euros. You have to be beyond naive to think those funds are not connected to bUsiness managers, sponsors, players and in general keeping rule over the Bundesliga. But Germans need a team to compete for CL so you turn a blind eye. Fine by me let's just not pretend the um sausage don't stink.