Christian Pulisic at AC Milan

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Balerion, Jun 30, 2014.

1. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    How do you even know this?

DankYank, striker, WrmBrnr and 2 others repped this.
  2. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    I watched him play with our national team against a couple of decent rivals.

3. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Could that be that your NT just sucked all around hence not making it to the WC? Let me know if that is at least a possibility. CP has played at BVB under 3 managers and he seems to be doing OK in most of the matches he has played in - even as a RB.

striker, bsky22, orcrist and 3 others repped this.
  4. EruditeHobo

EruditeHobo Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, exactly... not smart to compare top flight club play with CONCACAF and this poor US team anyways.

5. jond

jond Member+

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Levski Sofia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There's like two universes and a galaxy between his surroundings at BVB and the NT.

Cris 09 and LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  6. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    It's not just the NT games. The more Bosz and Stöger depart from the Tuchel mold (constant pressing, numbers in attack centrally, fast wing play, no need for combos side-to-middle-to-side, a single DM so two CMs can add to the central mass attack, very advanced defense line), the more CP suffers.

It's not a coincidence.

7. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Everyone suffered under Bosz but CP seemed to be a bit of a shining light. CP also seems to be doing well under Stöger too, so? This CP is a "system player" argument is nonsense. Every player will do better with one system over another based on their abilities. Look at Messi with Argentina. Just because a player does better with a particular type of game (not to mention a better talented group of teammates) does a "system player" make.

Let's end this crap now, please.

Namdynamo, DankYank, bsky22 and 3 others repped this.
  8. Bob Morocco

Bob Morocco Member+

Aug 11, 2003
    Billings, MT
    I sold Auba and replaced him with Batshuyi and then also Werner in FIFA and it worked out great for me. I also turned Yarmo into Lemar, they should think about doing that swap plus cash deal.

9. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Meh I got Pulisic Lemar, Mbappe and Alli as my front four for the Rapids so .......

dwsmith1972 and Bob Morocco repped this.
  10. Bob Morocco

Bob Morocco Member+

Aug 11, 2003
    Billings, MT
    Well you have all that Walton/Kroenke ******** you money to throw at problems while I can't get Dybala and have to be smart about getting Giminez and de Ligt early and then Kimmich, Christiansen, Rashford, and Kluivert after Reus, Batshuyi, and Sokratis force moves with Martial coming at the start of next season on a free.

11. autobus39

autobus39 Member+

Jun 28, 2006
    Scranton, PA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  12. Sam Hamwich

Sam Hamwich Member+

Jul 11, 2006
    No credible players should go to Arsenal until the management sorts itself out. I knew the previous guys and as much as I personally disliked Dean, he had the touch. Now you have American industrial recluse and Ukrainian oligarch playing mouse in the middle with Wegner. The massive intense press barrage is clearly camp 1 pitted against camp 2 spending millions to try and gain control of the organization. It is brutal. However if Teuchy is hired I can definitely see a case for him in London.

13. Sam Hamwich

Sam Hamwich Member+

Jul 11, 2006
    You can see frustration leading to momentary indecision in his game. I bet soon that leads to a string of disheartened performance which leads to the bench. The reason? He was surrounded by outstanding passers of the ball who played a high press, lighting quick attack. Now he's playing with Kagawa and Gusty as holding midfielders. God help us.

14. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think the CP is a system player is right behind Messi has no soccer IQ.

laxcoach, bsky22, wsmaugham and 5 others repped this.
  15. EruditeHobo

EruditeHobo Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nothing in my post you quoted is about Arsenal.

Regardless, I'm not talking about a ownership/chairman struggle... if Arsenal do not replace Sanchez with Mkhitaryan, they will have money to spend and a spot on the wing for a new signing. Liverpool have neither of those things for a winger like Pulisic. That's why I said Arsenal makes more sense on SOME level.

They still don't make as much sense as him staying at BVB.

16. EruditeHobo

EruditeHobo Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Weigl was the holding midfielder. When was Gotze played at holding mid? They always have someone behind the playmakers.

17. How do you think to get them early from Ajax as BVB and when exactly would that have been?

18. Sam Hamwich

Sam Hamwich Member+

Jul 11, 2006
    Not true. On some sequences Kagawa was playing Michael Bradley deep. Gutsy was dropping deep as well to try and push Kagawa Up the pitch. Weigl is defensive midfielder. As I noted. I habe never seen a BVB team play so deep and boring.

19. bballshawn

bballshawn Member+

Feb 5, 2014
    Delaware
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Dortmund plays way too slow this year. I swear their CBs touch the ball more than the midfielders.

20. lmorin

lmorin Member+

Mar 29, 2000
    New Hampshire
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  21. justinpaul10

justinpaul10 Member+

Sep 2, 2013
    He wasn’t bad he was just normal. Looked like he was missing some explosiveness and a bit of sharpness on the dribble. Still he hit Kagawa right on the head. Swear to god if that guy could finish Puli’s chances he would have 5 or 6 more assists. I have seen him flub so many of Pulisics final balls, along with Yarmolenko. Horrifying.

largegarlic and TheFalseNine repped this.
  22. Bruce S

Bruce S Member+

Sep 10, 1999
    Yup you said it, but it is really not a thing in soccer. ANY player who can only play in 1 system isn’t much of a soccer player.

lmorin repped this.
  23. smokarz

smokarz Member+

Aug 9, 2006
    Hartford, CT
  24. shnaggletooth

shnaggletooth Member+

Jun 23, 2002
    OT, but if you're like myself, you were probably absolutely riveted to your seat concerning the Sanchez transfer saga, and waited with bated breath and rushed to check Soccernet every five minutes for the absolutely necessary 10 new daily headline stories and sub-stories concerning the matter. This whole thing has been almost as exciting as the 20 daily meaningless articles when Neymar was moving to PSG.

Now that it's all over, what am I going to do with myself? For now, I'll just have to be content with the daily "Ronaldo gushes: 'Messi is the greatest!'/Messi disagrees: 'No, Ronaldo is the greatest.' " and "Mouhino: Greatest manager of all-time?" articles that I know sustain us all everyday.

God, I hate the soccer press...

MtnGardener and Winoman repped this.