Christian Pulisic at AC Milan

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Balerion, Jun 30, 2014.

1. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    With the next game 2+ weeks further away, on the 16th, hustling CP along at this point would be odd, and poor judgment imo. Happy to hear he might be ahead of schedule, of course.

2. smokarz

smokarz Member+

Aug 9, 2006
    Hartford, CT

I'll be very surprise if I see Pulisic on the bench against Leicester. Let him rest and fully recovered for ManU.

3. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    So that he can score the winning goal :thumbsup:

4. smokarz

smokarz Member+

Aug 9, 2006
    Hartford, CT
    PalmettoSpur, Pl@ymaker, Gacm32 and 2 others repped this.
  5. smokarz

smokarz Member+

Aug 9, 2006
    Hartford, CT
    “Christian Pulisic is likely to remain unavailable with the thigh injury that has kept him out since New Year’s Day,” Chelsea said on their own website.

LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  6. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    [​IMG]

Why would you ask me if I've aged 10 years in 6 months?​

russ repped this.
  7. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    "Frank Lampard could not hide his disappointment at Chelsea’s transfer window and says the club are no longer favourites to finish in the top four despite being six points clear. The west London club had been expected to have a busy January window, having been unable to make any signings in the summer, with Lampard eager to bring in a new striker as a priority."

{Lampard talks Chelsea down, at some length.}

"‘This is not to talk ourselves down, because we’re six points clear in fourth, [but] now we probably become the underdogs … because the teams around us have strengthened.’"

https://metro.co.uk/2020/01/31/frank-lampard-chelsea-underdogs-top-four-12163412/

8. Method

Method Member

United States
    Aug 20, 2018
    Wtf lol. Weak ass motivational technique. "you all suck. Wish I could have better players but we couldn't buy any so I'm stuck with you losers"

9. EruditeHobo

EruditeHobo Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, no successful manager has ever used the media to make their point to the chairperson/owner/board. That never happens in any sport.

10. bungadiri

bungadiri Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 25, 2002
    Acnestia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't think Method was suggesting that Lampard is unusual for publicly throwing his current players under the bus. Instead, Method was suggesting that publicly throwing his current players under the bus might have a negative effect on the morale of those players he now apparently sees himself as stuck with. As a strategy for getting management to do what you want, it seems to be loaded with avoidable problems (pissing off management and pissing off your players, to name two).

Method, Winoman, russ and 1 other person repped this.
  11. smokarz

smokarz Member+

Aug 9, 2006
    Hartford, CT
    Very open game so far, lots of chances created, and Chelsea still can't finish.

Would have been a nice game to see CP.

12. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    #31562 TimB4Last, Feb 1, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2020
    Final score: Leicester City 2-2 Chelsea

Starting front six was:

Pedro --- Abraham --- CHO

Mount --- Jorginho --- Kante

(Late-ish) Subs: Willian for Pedro, Kovacic for Jorginho, Barkley for Mount

Goals from Rudiger and ... Rudiger again. That's two goals from Rudiger - two, count 'em, two.

Pulisic to start on the 17th v Man U - Book it! :thumbsup:

Pl@ymaker repped this.
  13. ShortyMac

ShortyMac Member+

Barcelona
    Apr 10, 2011
    Ohio, USA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mount with both assists, as well.

14. markandrew78

markandrew78 Member

Jun 10, 2007
    *assists

Two dead ball assists.

15. dspence2311

dspence2311 Member+

Oct 14, 2007
    Insecure young manager preparing the ground for avoiding responsibility. Not uncommon. Even the greats do it. But just because it is common doesn’t mean it shouldn’t be called out for what it is.

16. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    Didn't watch so just catching up, but the big (pre-game) story was that Kepa was on the bench.

Also, I got the final sub wrong, above: Barkley came in for Abraham, not Mount.

17. jond

jond Member+

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Levski Sofia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You'll rarely hear something like that midseason from an NBA or NFL coach. You ride with what you have, even if you don't make a big trade at the trade deadline.

Telling your current crop of players who do sit top 4 that they themselves are no longer the favorites to finish top 4 is questionable.

18. hocbz

hocbz Member

Feb 15, 2016
    No, he's trying to place pressure on the board to do something.

ChrisSSBB repped this.
  19. smokarz

smokarz Member+

Aug 9, 2006
    Hartford, CT

From corner kicks.

Must admit, he does bring some nice dead ball services.

20. smokarz

smokarz Member+

Aug 9, 2006
    Hartford, CT

I think this was a bad move on Frank's part. He's basically saying his team/roster sucks, not quite a vote of confidence for the guys who's been giving their all for him.

He also falsely claimed that other teams had leveled up and brought in re-informecements. I don't see Spuds, Arsenal, or ManU bringing in any transfer worth noting. And who the heck is Ighalo?

21. jond

jond Member+

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Levski Sofia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Of course he is. But they can't do anything now. And he threw his current players under the bus. Midseason.

The time to say we need more reinforcements and better players is after the season heading into the summer transfer window.

22. smokarz

smokarz Member+

Aug 9, 2006
    Hartford, CT

He's immature.

1 - It's not like there were a bunch of world class talents available or were on the move this January. Name a signficant transfer this January, outside of Haaland. None.

2 - Maybe, just maybe, the board does not have complete confidence on this current coaching staff to carry on beyond this season. Therefore, they're not convinced to open up the checkbook this winter. We'll have to wait and see on this in the summer.

And that last sub today? Come on, we get it, we all know you're not happy but don't need to act like a child and pull a stunt like that.

ChicagoVT repped this.
  23. jond

jond Member+

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Levski Sofia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You'll never hear someone like Doc Rivers after the NBA trade deadline say publicly, well, we sit 3rd in the West but because ownership didn't get me better players we're no longer favorites to go far in the playoffs.

His players would be like, WTF?

24. smokarz

smokarz Member+

Aug 9, 2006
    Hartford, CT
    Honestly, I might expect the "Special One" to say something like that.

25. hocbz

hocbz Member

Feb 15, 2016
    It's weird how different the sentiment towards Frank is among the chelsea fan base compared to here. They seem to pity him. Maybe things are just done differently over there, no need to make NBA/NFL comparisons when those leagues are run very differently.