Christian Pulisic at AC Milan

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Balerion, Jun 30, 2014.

1. ChrisSSBB

ChrisSSBB Member+

Jun 22, 2005
    DE
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    His contract is up in four months so Matt will soon have a new employer.

Pl@ymaker and ttrevett repped this.
  2. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    IMO Matt does not deserve to be benched, but they have a coach who's not comfortable playing with 3 CBs (he tried with iffy results), so he had to bench one and decided to go for the loanee.

3. ChrisSSBB

ChrisSSBB Member+

Jun 22, 2005
    DE
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That is the problem with being a loanee. Unless clearly better, default is typically to club owned player.

largegarlic repped this.
  4. smokarz

smokarz Member+

Aug 9, 2006
    Hartford, CT

Is that what happened to CP at BvB last season?

5. Bruce S

Bruce S Member+

Sep 10, 1999
    EXCEPT he is running all over the attack. So clearly Chelsea does want him to do that. How use wise is the question.

6. Bruce S

Bruce S Member+

Sep 10, 1999
    For what? Advice on fashion styles?

An Unpaved Road repped this.
  7. ttrevett

ttrevett Member+

Apr 2, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Which is bat shiite crazy as that was what most harped on Lamps predecessor for: playing Kante well out of position. The kid is/was fantastic in his role for Leicester and the French NT. Why play him out of position when he makes a team much better in his natural role, and doesn't do very well in the role he is being asked to play. He ain't an attacking midfielder. Someone in England will figure that out someday. If they don't they need to hire Ranieri again to play him in his proper spot.

smokarz and glutton4Bolts repped this.
  8. glutton4Bolts

glutton4Bolts Member+

United States
    Mar 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Someone else pointed out that Lamps plays Kante at attacking midfield so that Jorginho can be on the field at the same time... I think this is the case... but I would recommend that Kante move back to CDM... even if it means Jorgi only comes on when Kante goes out.

9. Bruce S

Bruce S Member+

Sep 10, 1999
    I gotta say, at THIS moment, Kante does not look like anything special on the field, wherever he is playing. I will be the first to say he was AMAZING in the world cup. Right now, if you didn't know his name, you would say he is a very average Chelsea player.

largegarlic and striker repped this.
  10. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    Wait, he's that Kante?

11. Bruce S

Bruce S Member+

Sep 10, 1999
    he was that Kante.

12. y-lee-coyote

y-lee-coyote Member+

Dec 4, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    I think if Jorgi got a rest and Ngolo played that spot CFC would be more solid defensively. I get that Jorgi offers things that Kante is not known for, but he is too slow to be an auto starter for this level and that spot. The offense might even improve with the subtraction of Kante in an attacking position.

I think Frank ought to play a 4-2-3-1 against these bunker teams and try a pairing of Kova and Kante with Kova moving into the attack on the regular. Kante and the 2 CBs protecting against the counter when the FB's push up and man, do they need a LB or what?

I think Tammy is knackered and needs a rest so they clearly need a forward Frank will use, because Bats is useless in the PL.

I am not impressed with Kepa either, at this level the keeper has to get you some points here and there by making saves we had no right to expect.

Hope Puli gets back right after the international break and CFC are still holding on to a CL spot.

TimB4Last repped this.
  13. Centennial

Centennial Member+

Apr 4, 2003
    Centennial
    Is this the new Miazga at Chelsea thread?

14. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    No. It's the old Kante at Chelsea thread.

15. appoo

appoo Member+

Jul 30, 2001
    USA
    Terrible in the final though

16. appoo

appoo Member+

Jul 30, 2001
    USA
    The rest of the Prem are doing their best to avoid Champion's League so they should be fine

FirstStar repped this.
  17. hocbz

hocbz Member

Feb 15, 2016
    I think they for sure will land Sancho if they end up in top 4. Kid apparently loves London and is a Chelsea fan, and has spoken poorly of Man City's business style. He can probably walk into a starting spot at Chelsea, not so at Liverpool. Will be interesting to see how that changes things.

18. smokarz

smokarz Member+

Aug 9, 2006
    Hartford, CT
    In a dream world, i would love to see Sancho and CHO on the wings with Pulisic in the center behind Tammy. But we shall see.

19. smokarz

smokarz Member+

Aug 9, 2006
    Hartford, CT
    CHO, Willian, Pedro did not look convincing today against a mid table Championship team.

Pulisic should have no issues getting back on the pitch when he returns.

LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  20. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Here there and everywhere.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    CHO had some decent runs out wide, it was his deliveries into the box that were hit or miss. Agreed on Pedro and Willian plus the defense continues to look shit and Hull with a tiny bit more quality may have tied the game late, god knows they had the balls into the box.

21. hocbz

hocbz Member

Feb 15, 2016
    Lamps seems to value work rate more than actual attacking skill. CHO and Pulisic are both suspect defensively; Mount and Willian are better in that regard. RLC and potentially Sancho coming into the mix after this summer will be interesting.

22. hocbz

hocbz Member

Feb 15, 2016
    Pulisic really needs to work on his shooting outside the box and strength on the ball if he's going to challenge for a CAM role. Right now his biggest strength is making runs in space and cutting in.

If RLC can come back full strength, I'd like to see Tammy - Pulisic/RLC/Sancho up front

23. ttrevett

ttrevett Member+

Apr 2, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The way he looked yesterday, if I’m him I’m waiting for Real or Barca to come knocking. The kid is damn good. If he goes to Chelsea that is major trouble for our boy. His play gets better and better. He can rival Hazard right now and he doesn’t have the weight troubles that seem to give Eden some difficulty staying fit. I just hope the Chelsea owner doesn’t want to make a major investment in the club with his visa troubles and is really trying to offload the club. Sanyo will break the transfer fee record in the form he’s in now. Hopefully Abramovich doesn’t want to part with that kind of money.

nobody and markandrew78 repped this.
  24. hocbz

hocbz Member

Feb 15, 2016
    Real wants Mbappe. Presumably Neymar will be on the move too. I don't think Sancho wants to go to Spain; he apparently comes back to London regularly and has expressed interest in playing for Lampard. It will be problematic, potentially, for Pulisic... but he'll have to fight that much harder for his spot or just get a loan/transfer elsewhere. It happens and sometimes it's for the best (Salah, KDB, etc).

Moishe and markandrew78 repped this.
  25. Noriega7

Noriega7 Member

Newcastle United
    Dec 27, 2017
    CP will have to hold-off CHO for the other wing spot, but agreed that Sancho coming over will still put massive pressure on him to improve quickly.

I actually think as soon as he returns from his current injury, he need to hit the ground running and get as many goals/assist as possible to secure a starting role for next season.

Sancho is a lock for Chelsea in the summer and this is probably why they're not spending much this window, knowing Sancho will probably cost no less than $150M.

russ repped this.