Christian Pulisic at AC Milan

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Balerion, Jun 30, 2014.

1. oscar_in_fw

oscar_in_fw Member+

Jul 24, 2007
    Kansas City
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So is Pulisic really that much of a defensive liability compared to Mount at LW ?

2. Noriega7

Noriega7 Member

Newcastle United
    Dec 27, 2017
    Mount simply presses much harder and more often...But CP shouldn't be dropped here..He's arguably the most in-form player in the PL right now...That would set a terrible precedent for future matches.

I personally want to see Chelsea go all out trying to score goals..They have nothing to lose here and so much to gain.

3. crews46

crews46 Member

Oct 12, 2009
    Fairfax, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    Too bad one of us couldn't be at the press conference to ask Lampard if he's instructed the lads to feed CP the ball until he scores the goal that would break the record.

LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  5. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    Interesting bit here

The Ivory Coast player, tied on 26 league goals with Manchester United’s Wayne Rooney before the final day victory that crowned Chelsea as champions, reacted childishly when regular penalty taker Frank Lampard fired the home side into a 2-0 lead to settle their early nerves.

“Yeah, I understood but at the same time I was disappointed because we were 1-0 up and I wanted to score,” Drogba, who went on to grab a second-half hat-trick that sealed the golden boot award after a prolific season, said.

“I had to get over the frustration in the second half and come back. I was not happy but afterwards on the pitch I realised that I was making a big mistake and Frank was right.

“I feel very proud because for three years we were chasing this title. This is fantastic, it’s for the fans. Everyone is happy and it’s amazing to win the golden boot after being away for a month in the middle of the season.”

Drogba, well known for his emotional outbursts, stomped away after being told in no uncertain terms by Lampard that he would not be taking the kick and half-heartedly congratulated the England player after he beat Wigan keeper Mike Pollitt.

Lampard, who did allow Drogba to take a second penalty awarded after halftime, was charitable to his team-mate, although his decision to whack the match ball into the crowd at the end, denying Drogba his souvenir was perhaps mischievous.

“It was nothing really,” Lampard, who scored 27 goals this season, said. “It’s because he is so hungry but I’ve taken penalties all season and I wanted to score and make it 2-0.

“After that when it was safe I was more than happy for Didier to go on and win the golden boot...we are a team and he did it and he deserves to be the top scorer.”

TimB4Last repped this.
  6. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    Lampard's team-first attitude is a bit worrisome.

7. EruditeHobo

EruditeHobo Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, think that's not true. I think it was reported that CP is on like 140k? Or maybe 150k? In that ballpark, which makes more sense.
    If he were really on 230k... that's more than Salah, that blows away Kante, it's almost Pogba money.
    Don't get me wrong, they certainly had some leverage when negotiating his wages... but not that much.

russ repped this.
  8. smokarz

smokarz Member+

Aug 9, 2006
    Hartford, CT
  9. russ

russ Member+

Feb 26, 1999
    Canton,NY
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The original sauce.Much tastier,thanks.

10. russ

russ Member+

Feb 26, 1999
    Canton,NY
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well,its not like the Sun doesnt make shit up....

11. glutton4Bolts

glutton4Bolts Member+

United States
    Mar 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    CP certainly seems fit to play... Pretty sure the injury was minor... if it was WCQ time then CP would have been on the pitch for the USMNT. As such, it literally makes no sense for him to not be in the starting lineup on Sat.. He has been the most in-form player in the EPL over the last 5 weeks.

I guess Frank could be thinking that the CL game on Wed is more important...?... and it is certainly a big one... But IMO, staying in the top 4 in the EPL has to be the biggest target for the season because actually winning the CL is really hard to do... it also requires a legit amount of luck.

Pretty sure he is going to be in the starting lineup.

BTW... for the minority that don't know... russ is correct. The Sun is a garbage source.

russ repped this.
  12. appoo

appoo Member+

Jul 30, 2001
    USA
    CHO got injured over the break as well. You can overthink this and start Mount at LW for his defense, but the one thing we've learned about City is there's only 2 ways to beat them. Attack like crazy. Get lucky.

russ repped this.
  13. bct81

bct81 Member+

multiple (DC United, Dortmund, Arsenal, Leeds....)
    United States
    Mar 17, 2007
    moving around the US every few years ....
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1. he is fit and healthy
    2. Lumpy wants to keep Pep guessing
    3. Lumpy wants all his players training hard to compete to play
    4. Lumpy is protecting CP from GGG. CP did not need to be in Cayman Islands or back for the Labatt's game.
    5. He will start and go 75 ....
    6. Going to be a fun match to watch .. no reason to sit back.

14. stanger

stanger BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 29, 2008
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Who is Lumpy?

15. Centennial

Centennial Member+

Apr 4, 2003
    Centennial
    Lumpyard

16. stanger

Nov 29, 2008
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Still drawing a blank.

17. EruditeHobo

EruditeHobo Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You do need to go at them, lots of teams have proven that can work... playing scared, giving them too much respect and too much space to knock the ball around only tends to delay the inevitable.

18. ebbro

ebbro Member+

Jun 10, 2005
    #29618 ebbro, Nov 22, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2019
    freisland and Pl@ymaker repped this.
  19. stanger

Nov 29, 2008
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nope.

Is this some strange reference to Lampard’s short stint in MLS?

20. ebbro

ebbro Member+

Jun 10, 2005
    He's been called fat. Fat Frank. Lumpy. #Lumpard was on Twitter. All before he came to MLS.

https://twitter.com/hashtag/Lumpard?src=hash

It's the English eating their own.

LouisianaViking07/09 and Pl@ymaker repped this.
  21. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Pl@ymaker and LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  22. stanger

Nov 29, 2008
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I’m a Chelsea fan and haven’t heard any of that.

As a matter of fact, he looks like he could still be playing.

Typical stupid shit.

23. ebbro

ebbro Member+

Jun 10, 2005
    I'm guessing most of it came from non-Chelsea English NT fans.

24. lmorin

lmorin Member+

Mar 29, 2000
    New Hampshire
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Guardian projects CP on the bench. Injury status still listed as "doubtful."

25. Beastmode21

Beastmode21 Member+

United States
    Jan 19, 2009
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not that this is a science but in CFC’s insta post asking who will start, there were three locker pics, Abraham, Pulisic, and Jorg. Typically teams don’t advertise bench players, but that’s just an unscientific hypothesis

yankthisyank'swank and Pl@ymaker repped this.