Christian Pulisic at AC Milan

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Balerion, Jun 30, 2014.

1. Borrachin

Borrachin Member+

Feb 28, 2006
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Back off dude, we found Berhalter and he is ours! Didn’t you just see the magic he created against Cuba, World Cup Trophy for sure, In Uncle Rico’s voice “No Doubt, no doubt in my mind”!

2. PaulGascoigne

PaulGascoigne Member+

Feb 5, 2001
    Aotearoa/NZ
    Because it's the Sun. They are too lazy to do an actual news story.

3. smokarz

smokarz Member+

Aug 9, 2006
    Hartford, CT
    "...if Pulisic gets on the scoresheet again vs City then he will become the first American to score in four consecutive Premier League games...."

4. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    At least we'll know who amongst us jinxed that if it doesn't happen.

5. smokarz

smokarz Member+

Aug 9, 2006
    Hartford, CT

I have a feeling it's going to be a brace against City.

LouisianaViking07/09 and TimB4Last repped this.
  6. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    FYP :eek:

Pl@ymaker repped this.
  7. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    I want it so baddddddddddddddd

8. dspence2311

dspence2311 Member+

Oct 14, 2007
    I wonder if Dempsey is rooting for him or against him. Clint always seemed like an ill-tempered guy, which was a plus when he was on the field.

9. dspence2311

dspence2311 Member+

Oct 14, 2007
    fantasy.premierleague.com has a yellow exclamation point next to CP's name, which means "we're not sure if he will play or not."

10. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia

:)!!!:(

11. smokarz

smokarz Member+

Aug 9, 2006
    Hartford, CT
    Pulisic EPL stats:

5 goals (2nd)
    2 assists (tied for 2nd)

LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  12. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    No idea, but there's a report of a scruffy, coyote-looking guy with a hang-dog look skulking around Stoke D'Abernon carrying a tire iron that has me somewhat concerned.

dspence2311 repped this.
  13. Pl@ymaker

Pl@ymaker Member+

Feb 8, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A goal or assist would be nice. I could care less about some EPL record.

LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  14. ChrisSSBB

ChrisSSBB Member+

Jun 22, 2005
    DE
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Haha, my wife caught me by surprise once when she said he looked like a heroin addict.

freisland repped this.
  15. Dirt McGirt

Dirt McGirt Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's not a bad shout. He for sure looks like he's up to no good.

16. Sylvius

Sylvius Member

Jul 18, 2013
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Thoughts on this?

Vorian Atreides and smokarz repped this.
  17. dspence2311

dspence2311 Member+

Oct 14, 2007
    How is it that people are able to sit through these videos of random fans free associating about some issue? I have never understood the attraction.

chad, KenC, appwrangler and 3 others repped this.
  18. Sylvius

Sylvius Member

Jul 18, 2013
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OK, boomer ;)

Dirt McGirt repped this.
  19. orcrist

orcrist Member+

Jun 11, 2005
    Bay Area, California, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  20. glutton4Bolts

glutton4Bolts Member+

United States
    Mar 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    orcrist repped this.
  21. smokarz

smokarz Member+

Aug 9, 2006
    Hartford, CT

He's not very far off.

When I look at an elite champion, I look at 3 core success factors.

1 - Raw talents: You can only go so far with hard work alone, but without the natural raw talents that God gave you, you could never reach that elite level of top 1%.

2 - Intelligence and Work Ethics: How many talented young athletes that you have seen gone to waste because they keep making dumb decisions and chose to party instead of train? Countless, across all sports. Ronaldo, Messi, Brady, Peyton, etc. doesn't become who they are today without amazing work ethics and intelligence. They watch countless game hours, always the first in and last out at trainings, doing everything they possibly can to keep their body in top shape, etc.

3 - Environment: You can possess great talents, and work really hard but you still can't win shit if you're surrounded by mediocre talents and dumb coaches. It's highly debatale if Brady is able to win a single super bowl if he wasn't at New England under Bellichick. The environment can make or break you.

Now come to Pulisic, it is clear that he posses the raw talents of an elite footballer. And from all accounts from his prior and current coaches and teammates, he has great work ethic and is a very smart kid.

The last piece is environment. I do think he's finally at the right environment where he can push his potentials to the limits. And so far Lampy has been doing a great job to get this young team to play well and win lots of games. Chelsea does have a very talented young core of players. This is their FIRST YEAR together (Abraham, Mount, CHO, Pulisic, Tomori, Zouma, Emerson, James, etc.). If Chelsea is able to keep this core together for the next few years and allow them to grow and develop a strong chemistry and understanding together, this Chelsea team is very very dangerous over the next few years and beyond. The Top 4 or Top 6 teams should be concerned with this Lampy Chelsea squad in the future.

Sylvius repped this.
  22. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Free-association is the mark of the Millennials, and they do it from tech to movies (they grew up with the web and hyperlinks, so it figures). I like it though.

The Digital Natives (Gen Z) are weirder though. More than free-associating, they multi-stream, in their little stupid phones. I'm still trying to get them.

Sufjan Guzan repped this.
  23. FirstStar

FirstStar Hustlin' for the USA

Fulham Football Club
    Feb 1, 2005
    Time's Arrow
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And behind is all is some evil genius Gen Xer milking it for all it's worth. Ha ha ha ha ha

Suyuntuy and Dirt McGirt repped this.
  24. smokarz

smokarz Member+

Aug 9, 2006
    Hartford, CT

This right here is the making of a champion. Continuously overcome obstacles and stand tall and ready for the next challenge.

"....Pulisic's story proves the opposite of quite an introverted individual who has been confronted with life-changing decisions from the age of 16 that have transformed his surroundings.

Many might have fallen and given up from the culture change of Germany, the language barrier and home sickness. Others might have suffered from the burden of a nation's expectation on young shoulders and played within themselves when questions where raised early on at Chelsea – but Pulisic has faced every one of those questions early on and answered emphatically he is ready to shine in Chelsea blue. "

orcrist repped this.
  25. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    We Xers make money because, what else there is?

As Kurt told us, "life f*cks us all."

Dirt McGirt repped this.