Christian Pulisic at AC Milan

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Balerion, Jun 30, 2014.

1. Cubanlix63

Cubanlix63 Member+

AFC Ajax
    Feb 19, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    You should not build a soccer team around one player.

striker and y-lee-coyote repped this.
  2. Noriega7

Noriega7 Member

Newcastle United
    Dec 27, 2017
    any link??
    I wasn't aware that Sarri met Pulisic face-to-face before the move was finalized...If so, he still sounded a bit iffy about the transfer....When reporters asked him about Pulisic, he should had said "great, I'm happy to have him on board".....Anything less than that appears like you're lukewarm about the move.

3. smokarz

smokarz Member+

Aug 9, 2006
    Hartford, CT
    russ and bct81 repped this.
  4. smokarz

smokarz Member+

Aug 9, 2006
    Hartford, CT
    If Lampard keep loosing games while CP sits on the bench, he'll get pressure from fans, the board, the media to play CP.

And if CP continues to loose, while he continue to leave CP on the bench...Lamp will be the one that is loaned out in Jan.

Not sure if Lamp intentionally kept him on the bench to make him hungry, make him earn his minutes...which could make sense. Honestly, I like to see more bite and hunger from CP, more mean offensiveness. And his last few games have not been much to write home about either.

FC Tallavana repped this.
  5. bct81

bct81 Member+

multiple (DC United, Dortmund, Arsenal, Leeds....)
    United States
    Mar 17, 2007
    moving around the US every few years ....
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Could not agree more. All Tammy did was provide a nice quote for Klopp to print out and put in the Anfield locker room ... while Klopp reminds his men to get angry themselves.

6. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    That would totally not make sense. Pretty sure Lampard wanted to win the match, not give two shits if it makes CP hungry or not

. This has too be the most ridiculous defense of him being benched. If he thought CP would help win the match, he would have brought him in.

Hmmmm. I see. Maybe. But certainly not recently. Not based on recent performances.

EruditeHobo repped this.
  7. Woodrow

Woodrow Member+

Dec 7, 2001
    Brick City
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    There's some really mealy mouth talk going around, the idea that Pulisic is some kind of throw away purchase, an excuse being made for Chelsea not getting the most out of him. That's the portion of the burden Pulisic doesn't have to carry. That's on the club, the manager, and the fans. Thank goodness I'm not a Chelsea fan, because a lot of those games are tough to watch. It's too bad there aren't enough other good players on the team, especially the defense, which gives up too many untimely goals.

largegarlic and russ repped this.
  8. ebbro

ebbro Member+

Jun 10, 2005
    When they asked him about the transfer he said he wasn't aware it had happened. He said they asked him about Pulisic a month prior and he gave them his opinion (presumably his opinion was positive if they went ahead and tried to get him), but basically he's too busy managing to keep up with transfer negotiations.

As for the meeting...

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/09/sports/christian-pulisic-dortmund-chelsea.html

9. smokarz

smokarz Member+

Aug 9, 2006
    Hartford, CT

It's possible Lamp thought CP was not hungry enough to win the game for him. Or he simply didn't rate CP, as I have stated in earlier post. We really don't know what Lamp is thinking, and he ain't saying much either. It's all wild guesses right now.

10. Cubanlix63

Cubanlix63 Member+

AFC Ajax
    Feb 19, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Lampard is probably thinking about his entire team and not just Pulisic.

EruditeHobo, striker, zanderbz and 2 others repped this.
  11. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    That's not what you said. You said it would make sense for Lampard to intentionally kept him on the bench to make him hungry for minutes. I am saying that is BS and a lame excuse as to why you think he kept CP on the bench. It is obvious Lamps doesn't rate him enough to think he could make the difference in this match. His subs showed that and his explanation was even worse.

Yup...he's probably like, when will the people from ESPN and Fox Sports go away.

EruditeHobo repped this.
  12. Jazzy Altidore

Jazzy Altidore Member+

Sep 2, 2009
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I understand why Pulisic left Dortmund from a business and career advancement perspective. But it always seemed rushed for where he was technically and physically as a player. I still think he would have been best served by staying at Dortmund for at least another full season.

largegarlic, Cris 09, Woodrow and 2 others repped this.
  13. FC Tallavana

FC Tallavana Member+

Jul 1, 2004
    La Quinta
    I once nearly lost a basketball locker room by playing a freshman who was the most talented player on the team over a senior who was a starter the previous three years for the previous coach. A rookie coach mistake that I learned from very quickly. Maybe Lampard is smarter than I was and doesn't need to learn this lesson the hard way.

Cris 09, Bclay and LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  14. Cubanlix63

Cubanlix63 Member+

AFC Ajax
    Feb 19, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Once again Lampard does not seem to have any idea who his team is yet. As of right probably the only guys with guaranteed spots in his first 11 with everyone fit is probably Abraham, Mount, Kante, Rudiger and Kepa. Every other position seems to be up for grabs. These two matches are not the signal of Pulisic not making it at Chelsea. Heck it looked like Abraham lost his spot to Giroud after the Supercup but, he is obviously first choice now.

EruditeHobo, Winoman and zanderbz repped this.
  15. Noriega7

Noriega7 Member

Newcastle United
    Dec 27, 2017
    #26390 Noriega7, Sep 19, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2019
    thx for the link.
    It's still a poor way for Sarri to answer the question about pulisic transfer...It's a bad job on his part

Pulisic is not "just another player coming in."..He's a $73M fee player...3rd highest transfer fee in club history..

The fact that Pulisic family had to publicly let it be known they met Sarri suggest that this narrative about sarri was real and they were forced to correct people because of Sarri poor job...

The media and many other had the same impression about his dull response to pulisic transfer.

16. ebbro

ebbro Member+

Jun 10, 2005
    I get the impression that's just the way Sarri is. He was also under pressure at the time and probably sick of dealing with the media about things unrelated to the games. Plus he may not be able to convey his meaning accurately in English. And I'm guessing he didn't know the fee or where it ranked in club history.

It's much ado about nothing. In this day and age when everybody parses every word they hear on tv or read on social media and people/ journalists form silly narratives sometimes people have to set the record straight.

17. russ

russ Member+

Feb 26, 1999
    Canton,NY
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ThE mAN iS a MOnSteR!!!!!

ChrisSSBB repped this.
  18. chad

chad Member+

Jun 24, 1999
    Manhattan Beach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I remember when this thread was about Donovan.

19. munichfan9

munichfan9 BigSoccer Yellow Card

Aug 7, 2005
    Burke, Virginia
    Yeah, it has been pretty commonly reported that Sarri doesn't really involve himself in the transfer market. He has been quoted multiple times that all he really cares about is coaching the players that he does have.

20. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    Only if he had a coach trying to play him and Sancho at the same time, instead of avoiding playing them together.

superdave repped this.
  21. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Agree...I mean his response to the whole "Kepa" sub issue to the media was a total farce. For those that want to relive it;

His response was; Oh no...it was a misunderstanding. All is good.

Then he fined him...LOL He might just not be the best communicator.

EruditeHobo and Winoman repped this.
  22. smokarz

smokarz Member+

Aug 9, 2006
    Hartford, CT
    Watching these Chelsea games make me missed the BvB games.

@Cris 09 How is our other American teen coming along? Is he ready for senior team any time soon?

23. HScoach13

HScoach13 Member+

Nov 30, 2016
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Check our his thread in the Academy section.

24. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Honestly, I cannot say. It has been a while since I followed the youth due to other priorities in life. I am just glad I am able to regularly watch the BuLi again.
    Link?

25. comoesa

comoesa Member+

Aug 13, 2010
    Christen Press's armpit
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In America we like to talk about hunger, grit, and having a killer attitude. Often times we use those platitudes on guys who are privileged enough not be criticized for a lack of skill.

russ and smokarz repped this.