RFEF Bias towards Real Madrid

Discussion in 'Spain' started by Pichi, Sep 20, 2002.

1. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    The Spanish Soccer Federation is so biased towards Madrid that the latest decision regarding the replay of the final 47 minutes of the Betis-Real Madrid, only shows their love of Real Madrid at the detriment of other not so well known teams!

The RFEF spelled out to Betis that the replay has to take place on 8 October, although Betis is not happy with the date they said they would prefer the 9th but can live with the 8th. Real Madrid in turn has told the RFEF that the 8-9 October dates are lousy and they refuse to play on those dates. The Federation has been mum about Real Madrid's response, which means that they will not obligate Real Madrid to play on those dates, instead will impose whatever date is good for Real Madrid on Betis and make them play on that day.

Another case in point to their bias. They have told Betis that they must play their 2 suspended games in Huelva, instead of letting Betis chose the location. With 40,000 season ticket holders one wonders how they will fit all those fans in the Nuevo Colombino which holds approximately 20,000 fans.

So Real Madrid can tell the Federation no, but Betis has no say in the replay date or the selection of the stadium for the two match home stadium ban. Whose kissing whose ass here?

I hope that Betis wins the liga so Don Manuel when he picks up the Cup can tell the Federation what they can do with themselves and then give them a corte de manga al estilo andaluz!

Saludos y Viva Er EuroBeti Manque Alfonso, Lopera and the RFEF!

Pichi

2. Malaga CF fan

Malaga CF fan Member

Apr 19, 2000
    Fairfax, VA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well said Pichi, Malaga is having troubles of their own with the RFEF after receiving various extended suspensions for their players despite receiving fewer cards than the average. Although this doesn't show a bias towards Real Madrid, certainly Andalucian teams are having a difficult go of it!

3. CARLOS1

CARLOS1 Member

Aug 9, 2001
    Sunnyvale, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hope that Betis wins the liga so Don Manuel when he picks up the Cup can tell the Federation what they can do with themselves and then give them a corte de manga al estilo andaluz!

Saludos y Viva Er EuroBeti Manque Alfonso, Lopera and the RFEF!

COOL ! Another Betis Fan. Pleasantly surprised when I saw La Liga on Sky last weekend. Take care

4. MADRIZ

MADRIZ New Member

Jan 11, 2002
    CALIFORNIA
    now you guys from betis don't get too pushy.
    you have to remember that it was the lights in your lousy stadium that went out. you should be real humble about it and accept any date because you made la liga look ridiculous.
    lopera!? what can i say about a man who has a stadium named after him while he's still alive?
    (no wonder the lights went out!)
    we will play that game when we feel like it and when we know we can beat you . I know you're dying to win it but it's not going to happen.
    as to winning la liga... I don't think so! not in this century.

5. gento

gento New Member

Jun 24, 2002
    Valencia(Spain)
    Yes.Besides,Betis wanted R.Madrid to play on 9th October,but Zidane and Figo wouldn't be avaible on that date due to international games...

6. Merengue

Merengue New Member

Nov 4, 1999
    San Diego
    Good point gento. These beticos coveniently forget that in their haste to claim their "poor little club" is being discriminated by the RFEF! As was mentioned how about the fact Lopera's stadium didn't even have functioning lights?

I like Betis' team but can't stand Lopera. Not much sympathy from me in this situation.

BTW how do you quote someone on bigsoccer? I tried copying a portion of text from gento's post and pasting here but nothing happened. Any advice?

7. MadridForever

MadridForever Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 29, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    FIRST: The Betis is suspended by the horrible incidents that happen last year in its stadium when a supporter throws his fireworks rockets - that are prohibited in Spain - againts the rivals supporters being able to kill people. You must see the pictures.

SECOND: The suspension games were the two first of "La Liga". But as after the draw the first game was against the Real Madrid, Lopera wants that the suspension was delayed. Susprise!! In a very controversial decision the suspension is delayed and the Betis can play AGAINST the Real Madrid!! Making sure the big money of the year. That demonstrates the power of Real Madrid with the RFEF.;)

THIRD: I must remember that the suspension is a sanction. Maybe "Lopera" would like play in a caribean 70000 stadium with the ticket and travel paid for all the betis supporters.

FOUR:The "light spectacle" of the last game was for "Lopera" fault not for the RM fault. If the Betis had maintained in good conditions the his instalations. We we hadn't seen that "show". The game had not been delayed. And Now, we would not have date problems.

FIVE: As all this has not been the Betis fault.;) We are going to let the BETIS to choose the wost date for the RM. And we are going to protest if Madrid says no. How the RM can do that!!!

SIX: I hope that the BETIS will win "la liga" and "Lopera" demolish "La Giralda" and put a giant statue of his face to that the "Beticos" and non "Beticos" can admire his extraordinary profits to the end of the times.

8. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Press on the QUOTE button from the message you'd like to quote from, at the bottom right of the message.

I also think Madrid shouldn't "pay" (i.e. play on dates their best players aren't at the team) for something which happened at the Betis stadium.

9. Mattbro

Mattbro Member+

Sep 21, 2001
    Arnold Schwarzenegger.

10. Merengue

Merengue New Member

Nov 4, 1999
    San Diego
    Gracias Oscar.

Looks like we madrileños have effectively refuted the beticos complaints here. If anyone should be complaining about the situation last week at Betis it should be Madrid who has to find another date to play the remainder of the match when their calendar is already full with La Liga, Champion's League, Copa del Rey and Intercontinental Cup games coming up.

11. dmar

dmar Member

Jan 21, 2002
    Madrid, Spain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Coliseo Alfonso Perez de Getafe

12. MADRIZ

MADRIZ New Member

Jan 11, 2002
    CALIFORNIA
    due probably to the fact of
    being all these years with lopera.
    although in arnold's and alfonso's cases, I think the people decided to honor them by naming stadiums after them.
    lopera , left the people no choice. since that was to be his masterpiece, `his gift to the betis populace.

13. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    My comments regarding these six points are listed at the bottom.

My points:

1) Totally agree with the RFEF's two game ban, that is not a point of contention.

2) He appealed the decision to the CEDD and they agreed to review the decision and temporarily suspend the two game match. Once the review was completed they once again imposed the two game ban.

3) Would the RFEF force Real Madrid to play their games in Burgos, Toledo, Soria? I doubt it, because all hell would break loose as the only stadium that could fit all the socios would be in Barcelona.

4) Totally agree and that debacle has been debated to death on the Betis list.

5) Betis did not choose the date, the RFEF offered that date and Betis wanted the 9th not the 8th since they also have one or two players who have international games that day. Betis like Madrid has European commitments and Copa commitments this year. The most likely scenario will be that Madrid will continue refusing dates put out by RFEF, and will finally tell the RFEF we will play on this date period. The RFEF will not debate that date and will mandate that the date chosen my Madrid WILL be the date that the remaining 46' minutes will be played y punto.

Personally I prefer that all the Madrid players are suited for the match so when Betis defeats them after the last 46 minutes are played we don't have to hear the excuse that Madrid lost because of Zidane, Figo and fill in the blank were missing. ;>)

6) We are already suffering with his name on the stadium, and don't forget the bust of him in the directivos section of the stadium.

Saludos y Viva Er Eurobeti manque alfonso y lopera!

Pichi

14. dmar

dmar Member

Jan 21, 2002
    Madrid, Spain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    This are just speculations. I find it very unfair.

EDIT: Should this come to happen, you would have the right to complain or accuse, but don't do it beforehand.

15. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Time will only tell so stay tuned!

Pichi

16. Qdog

Qdog Member

May 8, 2002
    Andalusia
    Club:
    Sevilla FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So what's the issue? It seems we all want an open date so the last 46 minutes will be played with the same quality as the first 44.