Revs vs Metros 9/21 [R]

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by smoothy, Sep 21, 2002.

1. twell_girl

twell_girl New Member

Jul 28, 2002
    cali
    yup. from what i've read so far on this board, the win guarantees a playoff spot. a chicago win tomorrow gives the revs the eastern conference title. correct me if i'm wrong.....:)

ciao!

2. SABuffalo786

SABuffalo786 New Member

May 18, 2002
    Buffalo, New York
    Congratulations. The crowd sounded great all night, and your boys were great. I can speak for most DC fans when I say we're pulling for you. Hopefully you guys will have a nice run into MLS Cup. Once again, congratulations.

3. puma182

puma182 New Member

May 8, 2002
    Awesome job for New England then. I saw a replay of the goals before the Fox Sports feed on the game ended. Pretty exciting stuff!

4. Bill Duggan

Bill Duggan New Member

Aug 17, 2002
    MA
    This is just too great. Just to be able to see all this come together and happen the way it did. Total domination over the much hated muttscum. I just cant believe this actually could happen. I am way overjoyed and just cant believe the unbelieveable turnaround that took place.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SUPAH REVOLUTION!

5. twell_girl

twell_girl New Member

Jul 28, 2002
    cali
    :)

everyone, don't get me wrong...i have nothing against ruiz but i hope he doesn't score today so taylor wins the race for most points in this year's regular season. it'll be 23 goals apiece, though.

ciao!

6. Ugluk

Ugluk New Member

Nov 15, 1999
    Re: :)

everyone, don't get me wrong...ruiz is a WEASEL! Go San Jose!

7. Bill Duggan

Bill Duggan New Member

Aug 17, 2002
    MA
    Twellman gonna get some BudWeiser!!!!!!!

I cant wait for the Galaxy game, i dont care who wins, I just want to see Ruiz get pummeled in this one and score nil points!!!!! Everyone come to the BS chat for PbP!

SUPAH REVOLUTION!!!!!!!

8. rymannryan

rymannryan New Member

Aug 27, 2002
    N.N., Virginia
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I and every other DC fan thanks you for kick the Metrocrap's ass. Hopefully Chicago will tie or win tomorrow so metro won't get in. That'll shut them up after all their stick against DC and the Revs. Now that you're in, I'm pulling for you guys to win it all because you're at home and you deserve it. The fans, the players, and everyone.

9. Jeff

Jeff Member

Apr 14, 1999
    Alexandria, NOVA
    YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
    EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unfirgging real, what else can I say! A few weeks ago I had figured out in my head a scenario where the Revs could do as well as win the Eastern Conference, but never ever figured everything that would have to happen did. Only one more event has to occur, but either way, it's playoffs!

I would have settled for just finishing the season strong with something to build on for next year. To get this is like a dream come true.

10. The Truth Commission

Mar 29, 2000
    Parts Unknown
    Congrats. Hope you finish 6th, knock out a California club, then have a good series with Crew in the semifinals. Well done.

11. Andy_E

Andy_E Member

Jun 18, 2002
    DC
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!! Wooooohoooooooo!

What a game!

What a team!

I can't wait for the playoffs!

Lets go Chicago!

12. Jon Martin

Jon Martin Member+

Apr 25, 2000
    SE Mass
    Hey, hey, hey, goodbye!

What happiness. The boys just seemed so rock-solid. I had the same feeling I used to have with the old Celtics - I just knew they were going to win, especially after Petke tackled TnT in the area. I felt good for Wolde, who had waited an eternity for this night.

Special thanks to Daouda Kante, Adin Brown, and whatsisname? Taylor something? The midfield was awesome, even without Ralston. Cloutier was particularly impressive defending on set pieces. Hernandez, who got better as the game wore on, must have laughed and laughed. They did trade the wrong guy.

It's odd, but the Metros remind me of the early season Revolution when FC tried playing both AW and APC in midfield, and plan A was to launch long balls to Diallo. They undoubtedly have a lot of talent, but somehow it doesn't work. Ramos and AW had no chemistry at all. AW was the most dangerous man for the Metros, but was wasted on a dying team. This would seem to be the final act for OZ.

Poor Chrono.

13. NER_MCFC

NER_MCFC Member

May 23, 2001
    Cambridge, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow!!!

That was sweet!!

Highest praise all the way around. They wanted it, and they went out and got it.

Another goal, and I might have lost my voice.

I would split man of the match between Kante and Harris, but EVERYONE put in a solid performance. Especially passing it around the 2nd half.

My favorite moment: the chant of 'Chicago Fire' in reply to the ESC late in the 2nd half.

Did it wind up as a sell out? Interestingly a lot of seats around me (109) were empty, but of course, those were all sold long ago.

So.....
    We either play the loser of LA-SJ out there in mid week, or we host the Fire on Thursday. At this point, I really don't care either way. I'm just juiced to have another Revs game to look forward to.

14. Popero

Popero Member

Jul 5, 2002
    CT
    There are NO words.

15. JG_Revs

JG_Revs Moderator

Sep 11, 1999
    Boston
    I love this team.

16. firstshirt

firstshirt Member+

Bayern München
    United States
    Mar 1, 2000
    Ellington, CT / NK, RI
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LOST

Anyone in section 143 find a voice, its mine,,,I lost it after the second goal!

17. nsa

nsa Member+

New England Revolution
    United States
    Feb 22, 1999
    Notboston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    GO CHICAGO!!! BEAT COLUMBUS!!!

I'm still grinning from ear to ear. This was a well played game by the Rev, one of several over the course of the past month.

How many here think that we would have had both sides of "new 'boro" filled had the team showed this skill, heart, and organization for more than brief moments in the past seven years?

Go Chicago! Help us get the "double". (Revs in the playoffs and the MetroScum out. ;) )

-nat
    Viva Revolution!

18. NorthGoalGang

NorthGoalGang Member

Feb 16, 2001
    Coventry, CT
    Great win, and a great comeback. The way the Revs brought this season back from the dead has been incredible. Even Wolde is getting into the rejuvination machine.

We went from wait 'til next year to optimism in the playoffs as the hottest team in the league. Great stuff!

19. BrianCappellieri

BrianCappellieri Red Card

Feb 11, 2002
    Wow. Twellman, Wolde, and Brown were ************ing amazing! I'm so proud of this team and Steve Nicol.

Just got back (1:45) and have a terrible headache, which is a good thing. :) Thanks to those in The Fort and everyone else I met tonight.

Too tired to write anything else...

FORZA REVOLUTION!

Come on Chicago!

Good night everyone.

:D

20. Jon Martin

Jon Martin Member+

Apr 25, 2000
    SE Mass
    Still beaming

I forgot to mention: did anyone else notice that Richie Williams was moonlighting as a ref? :D

21. goussoccer

goussoccer Member+

May 23, 2001
    Avon, CT
    YEAH....BAAABBBYYYY!!!!

What a team we have developed into !!! The one we were all hoping to see at the beginning of the year. What is that - 16 out of a possible 18 points to finish the season??? WOW.

Well as the hottest team in MLS, they are entering the playoffs on the right note and with home field advantage in the first round (regardless) no less!!

CONGRATULATIONS to the team...from those of us who doubted you, sorry. You have shown us something that we have not seen before in seven years of Revolution history - a combination of heart, skill and teamwork that was a truly beautiful to watch last night.

Congratulations to the D for a shutout (Adin, loved the 'no - no' to Mama, even on the offside header !!!). Congratulations to the midfield for controlling most of the play and holding form. Congratulations to Taylor and Wolde...simply amazing (Wolde, what desire you showed on that first goal and the flag thing was wonderful).

Last, but definitely not least...congratulations to Steve Nicol and the staff. Steve, you have this team playing superb soccer. In the beginning we didn't see much change, but over the last bit of time the defense and teamwork are the best!

P.S. one more, thanks to the Krafts and congratulations to them. Hopefully, we WILL get to a point where we fill both sides of the lower bowl at least for Revs games. Certainly for the playoffs.

22. Jimbo

Jimbo Member

Dec 17, 1999
    Washington, DC
    I suppose you're tired of seeing DC fans showing up to congratulate the Revs, so I'll demand a thank you instead. DC beat the Metrostars twice, getting Mathis and Howard sent off, to set you up for last night's coup de grace, and DC drafted but did not sign Kante, who appears to be the critical defensive cog (with Llamosa's being healthy) to turn the season around. You're welcome.

I have to say the fans in NE deserved this upturn. You guys have stuck it out with some pretty dreadful teams the past couple of years but attendance has always been decent. NE reminds me of DC in 1996. It took Arena a while to get his team right, they ended the season 16-16 but won it all. With the championship game in NE, it would be great to see NE pull it off. I'll be there on October 20th. Hopefully the Revs will be too. That would be a great atmosphere, wouldn't it.

23. BrianLBI

BrianLBI BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 7, 2002
    New Hampshire
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My enjoyment of the post-game celebration on the field was tempered a little bit by the sight of Tab Ramos walking through the tunnel for the last time. He was shielding his eyes, and was obviously crying. It was kind of a crummy way to end a career and I felt bad for the guy. He deserved a better game from his teammates (and himself) than he got.

Brian

24. BrianLBI

BrianLBI BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 7, 2002
    New Hampshire
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks! We're a little out of practice at being magnaminous in victory...

25. Rodan

Rodan New Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Providence
    Wll, just to put things in perspective, here are some of the gracious Tabara's comments to the press last night after the game:
    I've tried hard over the years to try to like this guy. But try as I might - I just can't get there.

Undeniably one of the most talented players to ever wear a U.S. national team jersey, but just an unconscionable pr*ck. Good riddance Tab, you were just never worthy of your talents.