Revs vs. DC, 4/22

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by abecedarian, Apr 22, 2017.

1. abecedarian

abecedarian Member+

Mar 25, 2009
    SSSomerville
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's, like, today.

I'll content myself with saying the Revs have to win this one. You can't continue to let points go by the board when they're there for the taking.

2. REV IT UP

REV IT UP Member

New England Revolution
    United States
    Jul 12, 2004
    San Francisco
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Will they score a goal?

3. CDPontaDelgada

CDPontaDelgada Member+

CD Santa Clara
    Aug 15, 2012
    Ponta Delgada PT
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Debating to go this game.

D.C. United look shit

4. Cannons

Cannons Member+

May 16, 2005
    If we can't score goals and win this one....BIG.... then we are crap.

5. Dr. Sneezy

Dr. Sneezy Member

Jul 2, 2016
    Agree, but with this weather I'm staying home. I found KBS stout at a Rite-Aid in Portland this week. At $22 for 4 cans it seems outrageous but I can watch MLS live and it will be cheaper than Bud in Foxboro. Now if we had a commitment to excellence ...

CDPontaDelgada repped this.
  6. RevsLiverpool

RevsLiverpool Member+

Nov 12, 2005
    Boston
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Diego at left back? Interesting...

Beat the bastards

7. Pine State Tree

Oct 25, 2007
    Maine
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Yes.

8. CDPontaDelgada

CDPontaDelgada Member+

CD Santa Clara
    Aug 15, 2012
    Ponta Delgada PT
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Still cheaper than a ticket lol

9. CDPontaDelgada

CDPontaDelgada Member+

CD Santa Clara
    Aug 15, 2012
    Ponta Delgada PT
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    1-0 Lee Nyguen at 5'

10. Cannons

Cannons Member+

May 16, 2005
    #10 Cannons, Apr 22, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2017
    2-1 DC.... what now Heaps? any more good ideas? We are playing down to DCs level and have next to nothing....again ... on attack. The plan seems to be lob it in the middle and pray

We have given up 2 goals so far to a team that has only scored 4 goals all year. This is not a good defense we have

OMG if not for a good save its 3-1

11. sean'o

sean'o Member

Nov 6, 2013
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    woeful Revs, still...

12. Cannons

Cannons Member+

May 16, 2005
    Im sure Heaps will come up with some brilliant changes at half time. Maybe Rowe in net, Cody as striker. We lose this game and I think its time for Heaps to go. This team is a total mess and its the bungling at coach that is the main reason. Heaps is not cutting it and has to go

13. MM66

MM66 Member+

Mar 9, 2009
    Brookline, MA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Dellamea looked Slowvenian on that 2nd goal. Got scorched by 33-year-old Le Toux.

14. Dr. Sneezy

Dr. Sneezy Member

Jul 2, 2016
    If not for the woodwork could be 5-1 :-0

pwykes repped this.
  15. REV IT UP

REV IT UP Member

New England Revolution
    United States
    Jul 12, 2004
    San Francisco
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Teal Bunbury is a professional soccer player?

pwykes and Revs in 2010 repped this.
  16. MM66

MM66 Member+

Mar 9, 2009
    Brookline, MA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I believe he just failed his audition for the stage revival of My Left Foot.

17. MM66

MM66 Member+

Mar 9, 2009
    Brookline, MA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Daigo is the undisputed master of the extra time substitution.

18. MM66

MM66 Member+

Mar 9, 2009
    Brookline, MA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    All-important home draw secured.

19. RevsLiverpool

RevsLiverpool Member+

Nov 12, 2005
    Boston
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Another game, another point. Seems to be the revs' MO this year; not quite able to hold a lead but they do have the ability to (sometimes) crawl back and earn a point.

20. Revs in 2010

Revs in 2010 Member+

Feb 29, 2000
    Roanoke, VA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Coaching, coaching, coaching. You know that DC can ONLY score on a counter, and you allow two in the span of two minutes? How in the world are the players not prepared for this? Or, if they were prepared for this, how could they execute so poorly? We need new players or a new coach or both. I think I need a new team (think I'm going to root for the refs in the B's game tomorrow (I think they might need some love:rolleyes:).

21. RevsRule

RevsRule Member+

NE Revs, LAFC
    Jun 9, 1999
    N. Eastern, Mass
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That was crap. I dont understand why, when we sign defenders, im still scared any time an opposing team gets near our goal area. Why is it that it so often looks like chaos in there? Im discouraged. Getting all these 1 point games isn't enough. Two home games and only 2 points. Just not acceptable.

Then Heaps pulls Caldwell OMG. He should be starting DM, and not pulled at all. I am not impressed with Kouassi... He's solid but he and Caldwell are about equal, he's certainly not DP quality

Our other DP actually got shots this game, some on net. Still, he's not scoring and that's what he gets paid for. I have mixed feelings about him in general.

22. RevsLiverpool

RevsLiverpool Member+

Nov 12, 2005
    Boston
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You got your answer

23. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Poor Heaps ...

24. teskicks

teskicks Member+

New England Revolution
    United States
    Jan 14, 2002
    Wrentham, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Some of my thoughts.
    - Juan played his best game of the year. He was working his tail off and winning many 1v1 battles
    - Why is Teal on this team. He adds nothing that I can see. Was his whiff worse than Wondo's last game?
    - Rowe did very well at left back.
    - Farrell had some nice crosses and some were taken early for a change. I would like to see more early crosses from this team rather than working to the end line first.
    - Cropper is a very good shot stopper. Something that is very hard to teach. He is also very young for a goalkeeper. Some of the mistakes he is making are decision making mistakes and things he will learn as he matures.
    -Did anyone else see Lee refuse Jay's hand after being subbed out? There was also a point during a stoppage where Jay was trying to give Lee some coaching advice and Lee walked away. Jay told Caldwell instead who related it to the other midfielders. Not behavior I like to see from a team captain.
    - Took me a while to get the meaning of the TIFO. After some research it made sense.
    - Subbing Caldwell made some sense to me. As much as I want him on the field all the time, I think he was the only midfielder who had not had any time off during the three games in eight days.
    - I thought Kouassi was more active than in other games. Maybe he is getting back to his normal game.
    - Kai was very good for the first 15-20 minutes and then sort of disappeared for a lot of the rest of the game.
    - It was interesting to see Smith's reaction to Le Toux. Le Toux kicking Kouassi in the head and then giving him an ear full after he got up. The next chance Smith had left Le Toux on his ass. This is a component this team has been missing.

Jon Martin, goussoccer and RevsLiverpool repped this.
  25. TOAzer

TOAzer Member+

The Man With No Club
    May 29, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If aspiring to mediocrity is the upper bound of the Revs ambition, then Mission Accomplished.