Revs Roster Thread, 2019 Season

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by patfan1, Mar 14, 2019.

1. rkupp

rkupp Member+

Jan 3, 2001
    Let's keep in mind that Bye is 1.5 seasons into his career. I think his growth rate this year has been very good, after a pretty up and down rookie year.

I also think that DeJuan Jones has shown good improvement over the course of the season. For a guy who was pretty much a long-shot when drafted, I think he looks like he belongs in the league. I'm mostly impressed with his poise - after a few nervous appearances early in the season, I think he looks very confident.

Also, when projecting, lets keep in mind Rennicks, Angking and Buchanan. Hopefully they can get that USL team going next year and give those guys some consistent coaching and playing time.

asctester, A Casual Fan and BERich repped this.
  2. A Casual Fan

A Casual Fan Member+

Mar 22, 2000
    I'd prefer London Woodberry's.

For real.

RevsLiverpool repped this.
  3. A Casual Fan

A Casual Fan Member+

Mar 22, 2000
    I really would like to see more of Buchanan plugged in with first team for long stretches for a few games. He was a bright spot when things were dim - he made some slick plays, including some high high quality crosses, when pushing up the right side. I suspect there is "something" there.

Along these lines, we know that this year's edition of Revs isn't in same class as LAFC, so let's not pretend that making the playoffs means "there is a chance!".

In an instant, I'd trade Bruce getting long looks at his youth over the team clawing it's way into 7th slot.

>> Bruce doesn't need a playoff appearance to remain secure in his spot. Using this window instead to figure out personnel will have a bigger payoff for the team.​

RevsLiverpool and pwykes repped this.
  4. A Casual Fan

A Casual Fan Member+

Mar 22, 2000
    I agree. He has a little swagger, and that mindset can be contagious - it can/does a lot for a team's attitude. In my book, for a team like this, some Swagger more thatn offsets the few Minor Gaffes that may come along with it.

RevsLiverpool and asctester repped this.
  5. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

NFLPatriot repped this.
  6. Jon Martin

Jon Martin Member+

Apr 25, 2000
    SE Mass
    [Devil's advocate] Maybe that's next year's project. Maybe this year he needs to figure out what his core is before the night of the long knives that will inevitably follow this season. [/Devil's advocate]

I'm also a big Buchanan fan, btw. I hope things work out for him.

goussoccer, BrianLBI and A Casual Fan repped this.
  7. Argyle

Argyle Member

Jan 31, 2002
    Plymouth, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  8. firstshirt

firstshirt Member+

Bayern München
    United States
    Mar 1, 2000
    Ellington, CT / NK, RI
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Went to the Hartford game today. Spoke with one of the owners. He told me that Mancienne almost went to Hartford for a few games and that two Revs were with the team last week for a possible loan but nothing came about. I assume that was anking and rennicks

9. tsb11

tsb11 Member+

United States
    May 31, 2018
    Probably! I still dont know what their plan for Firminho is

10. NFLPatriot

NFLPatriot Member+

Jun 25, 2002
    Foxboro, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    goussoccer repped this.
  11. Jon Martin

Jon Martin Member+

Apr 25, 2000
    SE Mass
  12. tsb11

tsb11 Member+

United States
    May 31, 2018
    He's only 29 and was a somewhat useful player for Liverpool last season. He wouldnt require a fee, but his wages still probably place him outside the Revs price range.

That said, replacing Bunbury with Sturridge would be quite the coup

13. Jon Martin

Jon Martin Member+

Apr 25, 2000
    SE Mass
    A man can dream, right? A front line of Gil, Bou and Sturridge? (sigh)

A Casual Fan repped this.
  14. dncm

dncm Member+

Apr 22, 2003
    Boston
    I thought Twellman had squashed that rumor on twitter?

15. RevsLiverpool

RevsLiverpool Member+

Nov 12, 2005
    Boston
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Slim to none chance he comes to the revs. As fun as he was to watch for Liverpool, especially in 13-14 when he was among the league's scoring leaders, he was always focused on the money. Given what he would command, hard to imagine the Krafts open their wallet again after spending on Bou.

16. firstshirt

firstshirt Member+

Bayern München
    United States
    Mar 1, 2000
    Ellington, CT / NK, RI
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Per Taylor Daniel is training on his own. Boston is where his Dr is

17. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  18. NFLPatriot

NFLPatriot Member+

Jun 25, 2002
    Foxboro, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's 5 on loan to USL, 4 empty slots, leaving 21 in Foxboro.

With Farrell suspended and Delamea still recovering, that leaves only 1 player for Arena to leave out of the 18.

19. tsb11

tsb11 Member+

United States
    May 31, 2018
    Im willing to make a sizeable bet that the odd man out will be Firminho, a player who amazes me isnt on loan anywhere

20. rkupp

rkupp Member+

Jan 3, 2001
    Gil should be a serious player of the month candidate for August. And probably Bou as well.

21. A Casual Fan

A Casual Fan Member+

Mar 22, 2000
    VTSoccerFan and NFLPatriot repped this.
  22. goussoccer

goussoccer Member+

May 23, 2001
    Avon, CT
    I think this is more than Devils Advocate -- Bruce will not want to lose, he's stated he wants to make the playoffs and Bou mentioned it as well in his introduction to the team. Bruce likes the rep as a winner and he will want to use that as he pursues other players.

23. tsb11

tsb11 Member+

United States
    May 31, 2018
    Thats a good decision for the revs! I was thinking last night whether in the next 2 years he will get sold to europe. That contract guarantees he wont leave without the revs getting paid

As to Turner, I still think he has an outside shot at the USMNT, but he really needs to move to a better league to reinforce his status

24. RevsLiverpool

RevsLiverpool Member+

Nov 12, 2005
    Boston
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They don't play for Atlanta or LA FC

Crooked and rkupp repped this.
  25. tsb11

tsb11 Member+

United States
    May 31, 2018
    Justin Rennicks played 71 minutes for NC tonight at striker before being subbed out (leading 2-1). He assisted on the teams 1st goal. On the play he made a great line breaking run, then held up the ball in the box to find the open man.

Here is a link to the highlights

a517dogg, NFLPatriot and pwykes repped this.