Revs News 10/15/02

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by John Lewis, Oct 15, 2002.

1. John Lewis

John Lewis New Member

Mar 15, 2000
    Boston
  2. Rickster

Rickster Member

Dec 1, 1998
    I've ripped FDA in the past, but I'll give him his due on the Kante article. Very interesting and glad to see him give players, rather than strategy or ethnicity, props for their play. I could do without the omnipresent Mr. McCabe, though.

3. onemorerevolution

onemorerevolution New Member

Sep 23, 2002
    MA
    I thought TnT's $30,000 was the league's minimum but Kante's $24,000 is just shocking.

4. RevsSoccerFan

RevsSoccerFan New Member

May 2, 2000
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

John - great work as always.

From Frank's article:

''Daouda is the humblest guy you will ever meet,'' McCabe said. ''He used to call me twice a day and say, `Just get me to some place and I will do the job.' There was something about his character that comes across that makes you want him to get a break.

Sounds like Daouda has a great attitude. He's certainly a major reason why the Revs have gotten the job done down the stretch. I hope he (and Twellman etc) gets rewarded for it.

5. ManInBlack

ManInBlack New Member

Jul 6, 2001
    VT
    FDA's forte is writing about people, more so than the game itself, and this is my favorite column of his this year. Kante's play distinguishes him as an exceptional individual, and this piece fills in the details. Nicely done.

6. Danizinho

Danizinho New Member

Jul 7, 2000
    'Teams Gear Up For Euro 2004'
    by Don Cuddy/The Standard-Times
    http://www.s-t.com/daily/10-02/10-15-02/c05sp119.htm

Excerpt: "TUNE IN - As the excitement mounts locally with the Revs bid for the championship this week, an online radio show from 6-7 p.m. hosted by Brad Feldman of the Revolution will broadcast the latest information about the MLS Cup on revolutionsoccer.net. The show will feature interviews with coaches and players from both teams as well as soccer writers and others from the soccer scene tonight through Friday. For the hardcore fan there is always the lively BigSoccer.com for some unvarnished opinion on the state of the game."

7. RevsSoccerFan

RevsSoccerFan New Member

May 2, 2000
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  8. Kanu

Kanu New Member

Mar 26, 2000
    Owerri, Nigeria
    Agreed. Excellent stuff.
    Kante has made a huge difference.
    Dell'Appa would be smart to stay away from at least quoting agents, but can't seem to help himself. Quoting agents takes away from the credibility of his pieces. Why not quote the Mom's & Dad's, who'd be just as objective?

9. rkupp

rkupp Member+

Jan 3, 2001
    Maybe Kante can supplement his salary this winter with a scouting assignment to go back to Mali and find some more gold for the Revs (and possibly area schools).

10. sandman012

sandman012 Member

Sep 22, 2000
    Providence
    My sentiment exactly. While his game reports seem to have been written by his 7 year old nephew lately, his pieces like this have been excellent. My favorite this year was the one on SN a month ago.