Revolution Stadium Groundbreaking "12-24 months" Part XV

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by Alan, Mar 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TOAzer

TOAzer Member+

The Man With No Club
    May 29, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It is just damn impressive. I've always thought that Seattle's stadium had the best mixture of soccer/football I'd ever seen. But, on paper, it seems that Atlanta [of all places] may have them beat... It's time I started visiting some of these stadiums for myself..:) After all, I can't rely on the kindness of krafty strangers for that visual thrill. ;)

RevsLiverpool repped this.
  2. lufty

lufty Member

Aug 21, 2000
  3. lufty

lufty Member

Aug 21, 2000
    Lots of places to put the Revolution at Patriot Place. Probably want to keep it close to the Man Mall. Perhaps directly across from Rt 1 in Lot 51? Or where I placed it near the Cinema. ALso can fit it on the practice field perhaps?Does Kraft own the Green Space near the Commuter Rail stop?

4. RevsLiverpool

RevsLiverpool Member+

Nov 12, 2005
    Boston
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #179 RevsLiverpool, Aug 18, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2017
    Switching gears away from the thought of a soccer specific stadium in Foxboro, I was thinking about the Landmark Center near the Fenway stop in Boston. There is a park nearby, the Justine Mee Life Park. It made me curious whether it had enough land to build a stadium? Probably not but if the Krafts bought the Landmark Center they'd have an urban retail presence. If they could build a stadium across the street in the park between the Riverway, Park Drive and Brookline Ave, it would be right off the Fenway stop, with parking across the street at the Landmark Center.

No idea if there's enough room but was just thinking of any possibilities in Boston that haven't been explored yet.

5. a517dogg

a517dogg Member+

Oct 30, 2005
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    That's right near Clemente Field which would be a good spot, although since it's all marshland, it may not be able to physically support a large building (applies to Justine Mee Liff park too).

6. frankieg73

frankieg73 Member

New England Revolution
    Portugal
    Apr 8, 2001
    St. Petersburg, FL (not my choice)
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I'll be attending the season ticket holder event tomorrow - our first opportunity to walk through the place. I'm glad that I get to watch a team on a regular basis that is doing things right, but I'm depressed/jealous as a Revs fan and pissed off as a taxpayer.

7. RevsLiverpool

RevsLiverpool Member+

Nov 12, 2005
    Boston
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah true. Upon further reading it is part of the Emerald Necklace parks in Boston. There is a goal to reopen the Muddy River which apparently runs under that park. No way would the city or the other stakeholders entertain the thought of a stadium there (not could it hold it, to your point).

8. Argyle

Argyle Member

Jan 31, 2002
    Plymouth, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If they could do it in New Jersey, they can do it here.

9. RevsLiverpool

RevsLiverpool Member+

Nov 12, 2005
    Boston
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What of Clements Field could be renovated and reconfigured into a stadium? Is there enough land for just the stadium in that area given Emmanuel is so close? Hard to tell from Google maps but it doesn't seem like there is enough room. Would be so cool to have steep sides to keep in the noise and a view back towards downtown Boston.

10. lufty

lufty Member

Aug 21, 2000
    I hate to say it but there is definately not enough space to put it at clemente field in Boston. Not enough land.

11. lufty

lufty Member

Aug 21, 2000
    I could see it down by the seaport though next door to the convention center. Lots of parking and easy access to the highways.

2017-08-21_15-18-34.jpg

12. Andy_B

Andy_B Member+

Feb 2, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  13. MM66

MM66 Member+

Mar 9, 2009
    Brookline, MA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The Landmark Center was a historic renovation project and there's 1,000+ people working on the upper floors in those offices (mostly Boston Children's Hospital and Harvard Pilgrim). Aside from the parcel being a tight fit at best, you can't knock it down (because historic landmark, hence the name), and even if you could the Krafts would be easily out-bid by the developers putting up all the towers in the Fenway area. The land cost alone would chase away the Krafts.

As for Clemente Field, it's part of one of the country's most historic public parks. People run on it, play on it (I think Boston Latin even uses it for various sports) and just generally hang out in the bleachers section. It's a busy spot (I used to live about a block away and still go through there frequently). It's beyond off limits for commercial development.

If there's a public stadium that might be negotiable, it's Schoolboy Stadium in Dorchester. It sits dormant most of the time, though it's in a bit of a public transit dead zone.

Just as an aside, recently biked past the spot near the Broadway T Station that had been getting some attention in conjunction with the Olympics bid. The pedestrian byways over to SoWA are in very good shape. I think that's still close to optimal in terms of location. It's probably the best land deal Kraft is going to get and it's hard to imagine anything else going in there as it's bordered by I-93 and train tracks.

14. A Casual Fan

A Casual Fan Member+

Mar 22, 2000
    Most recent mention of new stadium by Revs.

Of note is the minimal awareness of how the audience will receive the message. Or not....?

Some subconscious intent at play, to poke at the fans? Or is it truly a case of being oblivious?

[Go to Twitter and Read ALL of the replies to the first tweet by Bilello. This is borderline tone deaf, IMHO.]

NFLPatriot repped this.
  15. ToMhIlL

ToMhIlL Member+

Feb 18, 1999
    Boxborough, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Revs, tone-deaf? The hell you say!

16. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey look, the Pats complained and we're getting new turf again. The current version was just 4 months old.

17. RevsLiverpool

RevsLiverpool Member+

Nov 12, 2005
    Boston
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Every time we lose a home game let's change the turf. Makes sense.

18. BrianLBI

BrianLBI BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 7, 2002
    New Hampshire
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This turf was clearly not worn out. How is the new surface different?

19. Steve_R

Steve_R Member

Feb 25, 2001
    Somerville, MA
    I imagine the decision had something to do with the sub-surface construction of the field. The article says some Pats players commented that it felt too soft. Wonder if whoever installed it is on the hook for the $$ to re-install, would be an interesting contract question.

20. ToMhIlL

ToMhIlL Member+

Feb 18, 1999
    Boxborough, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    C'mon, all those 150-lb soccer players running around on it causes a horrible beating. You should see what those guys can do to a grass field!

21. Argyle

Argyle Member

Jan 31, 2002
    Plymouth, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wonder how the Revs players felt about the field, considering they've used it more than twice.

22. Steve_R

Steve_R Member

Feb 25, 2001
    Somerville, MA
    It would be nice to hear their take on it.

23. rkupp

rkupp Member+

Jan 3, 2001
    Got nothing to do with it.

This installation was better cushioned, so presumably better for soccer (easier on knees, more natural bounce), but slower for football. This, once again, affirms that Belichick is lord of the turf.

a517dogg repped this.
  24. Andy_B

Andy_B Member+

Feb 2, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #199 Andy_B, Sep 14, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2017
    You would think I would learn to stop being depressed but the distance at which we continue to fall behind the rest of the league in infrastructure is frightening.

Yesterday I saw an update of the construction progress for RSL's new academy. They are making great progress. Here are the mock ups of what it will look like when done (see link below)

* $60 million facility

* 5k stadium

* will provide the home for all RSL development and academy players

* 10 fields along with the stadium

* 2 indoor fields

* campus for 300 students

* full time boarding for up to 50 out of state students

https://www.rsl.com/post/2017/05/24...y-new-home-real-salt-lake-development-pyramid
    ==========================

you see something like this and it is unimaginable that we are in the same league. Our big development excitement this year was the team getting a new patch of grass to play on at Gillette.

:(

Mike Marshall, VTSoccerFan, MM66 and 3 others repped this.
  25. MM66

MM66 Member+

Mar 9, 2009
    Brookline, MA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Now that the Revs have been eliminated this season, cue up the new stadium rumors in 5, 4, 3, 2 ...

Alan and rkane1226 repped this.