Revolution Stadium Groundbreaking "12-24 months" Part VII

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by Alan, Aug 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FoxBoro 143

FoxBoro 143 Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Would Revere want just another mall?

2. Kraft Out

Kraft Out Member+

Aug 2, 2010
    Boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    So, what's to say he doesn't build just the mall instead of the stadium, and eventually offload the Revs?

3. Kraft Out

Kraft Out Member+

Aug 2, 2010
    Boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Do they really want a soccer stadium?

RevsFanDan repped this.
  4. RevsFanDan

RevsFanDan Member

May 24, 2005
    North Shore
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If someone can prove to me the payback on $100millio..ok, even $50million that Kraft will spend on the cheap to build a high school "like" stadium with Revs games/USMNT games/?CupGames? and ancillary events at the Wondy or anyplace else stadium, I'll buy it.

Otherwise, there can't be that much profit for him to justify to his "Savvy" wallet that such a stadium, makes any sense whatsoever..!

SoccerSpecificStadiums must come with a sense of passion for the sport and the desire to control each and every aspect of your business. He already has that in Foxboro...When will it start making money to justify whatever price tag you want to place on the "new venue"?

If anything, it "may" begin to pay off well after he's gone. Perhaps even later. Does he have any iota of passion for the sport, team and league for that to occur? Do his kids want to be saddled with that responsibility?

I just don't see it...

ps. If something costs $50million dollars...in my book of economics, there is NO PROFIT, until that 50million is paid for..Oh well..move along

JDEsq09 and Kraft Out repped this.
  5. FoxBoro 143

FoxBoro 143 Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We will see, but based on the Mayor's comments, it looks like it would at least be considered. Granted I don't see this happening, but it's by far the most likely scenario of an urban SSS, even if it's a longshot.

6. RevsFanDan

RevsFanDan Member

May 24, 2005
    North Shore
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why wouldn't some Sheik just talk to Anschutz and the board about coming in and "taking" over the Boston territory? MLS owners...the owners of single entity MLS would bend over for that in a heart beat!
    And there isn't ONE Municipality that would pass up some Billionaire, passionate about the sport, who'd want to invest $hundreds of million of THEIR dollars in a community to get their own stadium project going. (See Brooklyn proposed stadium for Cosmos)
    Rizzo, Curtatone or even Mumbles would fall to their knees and kiss their sandals if that kind of proposal came to them.

Kraft Out repped this.
  7. JDEsq09

JDEsq09 Member

Apr 12, 2011
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    I agree w/ RFD, Kraft has little incentive to build a new stadium.

8. FoxBoro 143

FoxBoro 143 Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Also, a stadium would sort of be the "gimmick" for a mall/complex project. How succesful do you think the Foxboro man-mall would be without the stadium?

9. LongDuckDong

LongDuckDong Member+

Jan 26, 2011
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    .... other than making money

RevsLiverpool repped this.
  10. FoxBoro 143

FoxBoro 143 Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think everyone agrees with that. The only way one gets built is if a municipality offers an incredible package deal to the Krafts to get one built. Revere is the only legitimate hope, but we all know it's 99% likely we will be in Foxboro for however many more years this franchise can survive.

11. Kraft Out

Kraft Out Member+

Aug 2, 2010
    Boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    explain how making money is certain

12. Kraft Out

Kraft Out Member+

Aug 2, 2010
    Boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    the man mall would be more successful than the stadium if the patriots didn't play there

RevsLiverpool and RevsFanDan repped this.
  13. RevsFanDan

RevsFanDan Member

May 24, 2005
    North Shore
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Unless a municipality gives land for free and finances the complete build (Like many an nfl stadium has been built) there is NO WAY that a new stadium would be a "Money Making" venture!

unless of course we're talking Reaganomics. Buy something you can't afford and finance it to the hilt and have the balloon payment fall on the heads, shoulders and backs of your great grandchildren!

In no way, whatsoever, should a municipality just GIVE free land away or PAY for a Stadium so that ONE Billionaire can profit from that...Never EVER..period.

Unless of course, a vote takes place and majority rules that that's exactly what they'd like to do!

A bridge, a highway a new T line..those benefit the common good. A stadium in Revere/Somerville benefits me, a little, for my entertainment and some lousy Billionaire who'll profit from me paying a fee to attend and buy stuff at that stadium. The town more than likely will be saddled with a hefty bond payment and little to no tax revenue for a long time!! Oh yea, and as far as the jobs...lots of part timers who'll probably just be contractual labor without benefits, etc..etc..etc...

RevsLiverpool, JDEsq09 and Kraft Out repped this.
  14. RevsFanDan

RevsFanDan Member

May 24, 2005
    North Shore
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Now..if KSG wanted to bring the Revs public and sell off 51% to fans! Now we're talking!
    You want to see the Revs get busy about turning into a club...? Let fans put their money where their mouth is!

...IMHO Even at a fair price, I don't see the 20k or so Revs fans ponying up 1k to even get that to $20million.

Therefore, we're left to this monger owning the rights and holding on to them tighter than his relationship with Brady..!

Kraft Out repped this.
  15. rkupp

rkupp Member+

Jan 3, 2001
    1. Weston
    2. Newton
    3. My town
    Wow, lots of absolutes.

16. Kraft Out

Kraft Out Member+

Aug 2, 2010
    Boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    hahahaha it is funny if you can't see the hypocritical nature of the two sections of your post.

Crooked repped this.
  17. RevsFanDan

RevsFanDan Member

May 24, 2005
    North Shore
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Show me where the profit is..and I'll show you a viable project that will get done!

I should have more accurately defined the "EVERY" municipality..! Yes..some towns would NOT want it. Even if they had a Superfund site that an owner would clean up. I do get that not every town would want..blah blah blah..

What I meant was..Any towns that weren't so full of themselves and their tax base, and had available land meant for large scale development of this kind...blah blah..would more than welcome a Billionaire and their project, after review and proof that their Tax Revenue would be $X!

18. Kraft Out

Kraft Out Member+

Aug 2, 2010
    Boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Don't back down. Hit back. Newton has three friggin malls in it. This notion that they wouldn't accept money from a billionaire developer is totally off the mark.

RevsFanDan repped this.
  19. LongDuckDong

LongDuckDong Member+

Jan 26, 2011
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Almost every stadium in MLS is profitable. This is common knowledge.

20. Crooked

Crooked Member+

May 1, 2005
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    That's not what he's arguing.

21. Kraft Out

Kraft Out Member+

Aug 2, 2010
    Boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Really, according to who, and what data? I'm asking honestly because I didn't ever see or hear that.

22. LongDuckDong

LongDuckDong Member+

Jan 26, 2011
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://www.stumptownfooty.com/2012/...e-soccer-surpasses-5-million-total-attendance

You rarely see any financial data when it comes to MLS, but it's widely quoted and accepted that most MLS stadiums LLCs are profitable.

Kraft Out repped this.
  23. Kraft Out

Kraft Out Member+

Aug 2, 2010
    Boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
  24. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Chicago's on the opposite side of that.

25. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyway, if you guys really hate me, feel free to start up another thread. Blech. Way over 500 posts.

RevsFanDan repped this.