Revolution Stadium groundbreaking "12-24 months" Part IV

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by patfan1, Oct 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kraft Out

Kraft Out Member+

Aug 2, 2010
    Boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    and A team run by some posters would have trouble taking things far too literally.

2. LongDuckDong

LongDuckDong Member+

Jan 26, 2011
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Considering your posting history, I wouldn't have been surprised if you were serious. :p

3. Revs In First :)

Aug 15, 2001
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Or have an inability to recognize sarcasm (mine) in response to other people's sarcasm (yours).

I guess I should have included a little winking emoticon to illustrate my tone.

4. RevsLiverpool

RevsLiverpool Member+

Nov 12, 2005
    Boston
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Supporter atrophy and ownership apathy will do that over time regardless of what we want.

5. Minutemanii

Minutemanii Member+

Dec 29, 2005
    Abington MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Of course! He lists his foe as the New England Revolution.

6. Jeremy Goodwin

Jeremy Goodwin Member+

SSC Napoli
    Feb 16, 1999
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Enron did look like a whopping financial success, that's why they call it fraud.

7. VTSoccerFan

VTSoccerFan Member+

New England Revolution, Vermont Catamounts, NCFC
    United States
    Jun 28, 2002
    Cary, NC
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  8. ToMhIlL

ToMhIlL Member+

Feb 18, 1999
    Boxborough, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hmmm... I know baseball is a totally different kettle of fish, but Malden, right across from the Orange Line would be a pretty nice spot for a Revs stadium.

How could this parcel of land have slipped under the radar of our Cee-Zero-Oh Brian Bilello? I mean they guy has been looking around at suitable parcels of land for years now, hasn't he?

9. agoo101284

agoo101284 Member

Mar 23, 2005
    Bronx, NY
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Probably not nearly large enough to accommodate the Revs' needs. That proposal sits 6,372. Revs should be going for at least three times that number. There are only 1,200 parking spaces near by. Revs would need to probably double or triple that number, which takes even more space. Then factor in the shops and whatnot that Kraft would want to make the area profitable year round and the office space as the Revs would probably be moving their entire operation there.

That space would not be viable for them.

10. jw

jw Member

Feb 18, 1999
    Massachusetts
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Doesn't matter how big the parcel is...

You say "baseball" and everyone runs around, hand-in-hand, rejoicing, thinking hot dogs, apple pie and Iowa, (not so unlike how they react in Whoville). Of course, there's no money to build one, but everyone is willing to break open their piggy banks, or have endless bake sales to make this happen.

You say "soccer" and everyone moans, thinks of communists, foreigners, and how Kyle Rote jr always embarrassed their childhood heroes on Saturday afternoons in the Summer of 1976. They complain that there isn't any money, and declare that, not over their rotting carcass are they ever going to foot the bill for such a stupid and wasteful project.

(OK, so not completely true, as all stadiums have plenty of trouble being built, but I've just had a bad few days dealing with soccer bashers and I am just venting. Sorry)

11. Argyle

Argyle Member

Jan 31, 2002
    Plymouth, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A note for the good people of Malden. The Brockton Rox have suspended operations for at least this year. We had a group of people who wanted to build a minor league stadium in Plymouth a few years back. It hasn't happened.

"Monorail!"

12. JDEsq09

JDEsq09 Member

Apr 12, 2011
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Tell me more about this monorail idea.

13. VTSoccerFan

VTSoccerFan Member+

New England Revolution, Vermont Catamounts, NCFC
    United States
    Jun 28, 2002
    Cary, NC
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Part of the article mentions a timeline. If they get the agreement with NSTAR this year they could begin permitting. Then start construction in 2013 and open in 2014.

If this is their realistic timeframe then what are the odds of the Revs breaking ground on a site that needs to be three times as large later this year?

Also, I was impressed that the baseball folks already have renderings of the proposed stadium. When do you think we will see official renderings of proposed Revs stadium sites?

14. Alan

Alan Titanium Member

Feb 25, 1999
    Massachusetts
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

15. rkane1226

rkane1226 Member+

Apr 9, 2000
    Club:
    Stade Brestois 29
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Probably the only post worthy of existing in this thread. Repped.

16. Kraft Out

Kraft Out Member+

Aug 2, 2010
    Boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nothing could be more accurate

17. ToMhIlL

ToMhIlL Member+

Feb 18, 1999
    Boxborough, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What, that the only time the Revs would have not one, but two front-page stories in the newspaper is when hell freezes over?

18. Kraft Out

Kraft Out Member+

Aug 2, 2010
    Boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    among other things

19. 7spencer7

7spencer7 Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Outside Boston
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For what it's worth (probably not much) I am moving away from Boston so I called the revs to cancel my order for 2012 season tickets and the guy I talked to sugested trying to find someone to take over my seats instead of canceling them in case I end up moving back to Boston in a couple of years because seat selection is tenure based and "we should have our own stadium by then and you'll want to pick the best seats at the new place."

I doubt it means anything, but it came from a guy at the Revs, so...

20. cml1394

cml1394 Member

Apr 5, 2010
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Revs are quite notorious for broken promises, but that is very interesting regardless.

21. Jeremy Goodwin

Jeremy Goodwin Member+

SSC Napoli
    Feb 16, 1999
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, an entirely new attempt to get the fans quitting to replace themselves with no effort on the part of the sales office.

22. LongDuckDong

LongDuckDong Member+

Jan 26, 2011
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Exactly. Sounds like a ploy to me.

23. RevsFanDan

RevsFanDan Member

May 24, 2005
    North Shore
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow..Talk about bait and switch...!! HFMotherOG!

Who was it that said Krafty would sell his soul??? LOL

Unfriggen real...whoever that Ticket Rep is..He, his boss, his boss' boss, the boss of all the bosses and the almighty himself...should all be fired!!

unless it's all true..then everyone is exonerated and Revs fans live happily ever after..forever!

24. Revs In First :)

Aug 15, 2001
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That is the perhaps one of the most egregious examples of unmitigated gall I have ever read. "We have no plot of land chosen, no stadium renderings, no agreement with local officials, no completed environmental studies, not a single permit obtained, nothing publicly announced save for some vague promises that we are pursuing it, but you shouldn't just cancel your seats because at some undefined future date we should have our own stadium by then and you'll want to pick the best seats at the new place."

Balls of steel.

25. Alan

Alan Titanium Member

Feb 25, 1999
    Massachusetts
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "And don't forget. We'll be running the Revolution Saucer to every home game."

[​IMG]